Rumour Player Revolt

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are seriously overrating rosa's value. I wouldn't think he would get anything better than 25.

His 2013 was ruined by injury, but he's proven himself to be easily best 22 in a top 4/5 side. History shows quality contracted players fetch decent prices, particularly to contenders.

He's an 180cm forward flanker. We need genuine midfield rotations.

Rosa is about as under-rated as Yarran is over-rated.
Rosa, at this present moment, has come off a season of below par performances, injury and two months of WAFL. Underrated he may be, you're still exaggerating his value.

I don't disagree we need quality midfield rotation, but Yarran could add some genuine X factor, a quality we so desperately lack.

I would be ecstatic. Yarran is better, fits more of a need and is a lot younger.

Daj is over estimating Rosa's value. He's a blue collar outside midfielder, neither gifted with exceptional pace or disposal. But he's a good mark and can run all day.

Yarran is gifted with a nice kick and speed. But he lacks smarts and physicality, without the work ethic to compensate for his deficiencies he's just an empty shell.

His 2013 was ruined by injury, but he's proven himself to be easily best 22 in a top 4/5 side. History shows quality contracted players fetch decent prices, particularly to contenders.

Age plays a massive role in players value. Rosa is 27 next year. Probably only has 3 good seasons left. And his injury woes reduce his value. Honestly don't think he would get a pick above 25 as much as i wish he would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being 15-20 doesn't necessarily make him 30+. Depends on the destination club and the quality of the draft in question.

I wouldn't hand away a top 25 pick in this draft for someone of Rosa's age/ quality.

Whoops. Thought I'd said 15-25.

Of course the relative strength of the draft is a factor. In previous years though I still think 20-25 is about right to shake loose a contracted player such as Rosa.

If we traded Rosa and it was to Carlton I would think Kane Lucas would be more the kind of player we could expect to get in return.

Rosa worth pick 15-20???

BWHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

that is f*cking hilarious. if we we got anything better than pick 60 for Rosa I'd be astonished. seriously average footballer.

If we traded Rosa and it was to Carlton I would think Kane Lucas would be more the kind of player we could expect to get in return.

Yep. Vanilla begets vanilla.

Yarran has some serious pace. Something we are lacking and is very important to how footy is played right now.

That's not how it works.

Let me introduce you to Footy 101:

- All premiership sides have a core of guns that take them to the flag
- The rest are dime a dozen players lucky enough to have the opportunity to play in a team that is dominant. Makes it easier for them to play at their optimum.

Just because someone is the 18th best player in a top 4 side, doesn't necessarily make them a better player than someone who is the 18th best player in a bottom 4 side as the former player has given a better opportunity to perform at their optimum. There's 200 other players who if put into Rosa's role would play just as well.

The truth is he's a dime a dozen player. Solid contributor. Strong body. Questionable kick and decision making. He's B grade vanilla. Better than a spud, but never going to be anything more than a dime a dozen player. He's worth about pick 40.

+1

While both would fill a need, given our midfield woes I would have thought we would go after someone that has the potential to develop into a solid big bodied midfielder, which you would think Lucas would offer. Josh p Kennedy types are all the rage in the AFL at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back