Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've left my nearly two yr old inside alone to fend for himself so I can sit outside in peace to concentrate on this crap. Priorities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn kids need to learn to fight off drop bears at the age of 2.

Comment From Guest
If for some insane reason they uphold the ban, will we then go onto arguing neglegent tonight?

6:47

phpjVpfiCROO_RGB_LARGE.jpg
NMFC.com.au:
Houghton seemed to hint at it, so it might be a possibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was pretty ordinary for Jeff Gleeson to keep using the term "negligable" as the force required in his closing argument. It's his job to advocate for the penalty to stand but he should do so using the correct terminology, which is forceful. Forceful vs negligible have quite different definitions.

Made better by the fact North's QC was all over it though defining the term forceful, which is what the jury actually has to decide what the contact was, rather than if it was negligible force.

Semantics but annoying.

Saying that sometimes theres circumstances we don't know about that bring a reaction is how I took it.

I.e the average football follower wouldn't have known Selwood is susceptible to cuts in that area.
Just like they didn't know about Thompson's broken ribs.
6:48

NMFC.com.au:
The only prior case that was raised briefly was Scott Thompson giving evidence that allowed Steve Johnson to play

6:48

NMFC.com.au:
To explain that everything isn't always what it seems - Thompson wouldn't have reacted that way if he didn't have a hurt rib

6:49

NMFC.com.au:
Perhaps much the same way that Selwood may not have bled if he didn't have a history of it

6:49

NMFC.com.au:
That's the simple explanation of how the Chairman raised the prior case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back