Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazell_rules

Rookie
Mar 12, 2001
Victoria
Other Teams
The mighty Hawks!!!!
I am so sad that Brent Harvey's suspension wasnt lighten throught the appeals board. I dont think that he should of got anything lighter than a fine! I actually cant believe that I am saying this as I'm not a North supportere but I did feel really sorry for the guy. He seems so nice and I was really upset for him!

Sorry to bring this back to the top and at the risk of causing a flood of squeeling from the Briswhine board
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

but is anyone else just a tad miffed that Chris Scott got half the suspension of Boomer for cleaning up a guy with his elbow??

Both pleaded guilty and Scott's tribunal history isn't that flash!!

You'd be scared to shake the umpies hand before or after a game these days!!

Cheers

Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 22 March 2001).]

Originally posted by Gonzo:
Sorry to bring this back to the top and at the risk of causing a flood of squeeling from the Briswhine board
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Speaking of Briswhine, has anybody else noticed that we're now over 1,000 posts ahead of them? Jeeze...amazing how their posts all dried up once they couldn't post things like postcodes, complaining about what we were posting about here, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Ooops...almost forgot.....
wink.gif

Just a quick one, who thinks Harvey is injured?
he looks slow and way out of it on the ground. Pre-season he looked alright but for the entire year he has just looked tired. Any thoughts?

I am at a loss with Boomer this season. He trains as hard as anybody but at a stoppage in the game there he is hands on knees sucking the big ones in. I dont know if he is 100%.

Why did he stop against Richmond and not have a shot?

Why is it as though he is out of breath?

This is a strange one compared to his other seasons.

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

He is also having trouble with his shots at goal this year. Might be confidence. Might be unhappy with his contract. Might have an undiagnosed illness. Who knows ?

Moti,

I reckon that Boomer has been carrying an injury since the Collingwood game.

hotham:(

Noticed he copped a massive bump from big, brave, fat guts Jarrod Molloy (hope my sarcasm is apparant there). However he kicked arse over the Saints and "woggy" Franchina does jobs on a lot of prime movers. He isn't injured - he is allowed a quiet one every now and then as he is human and i am sure he'll play a blinder this week.

Haven't noticed any injury he may be disguising, I put his game on Friday night down to haveing a quiet one. He has been pretty good this year, especially the St.Kilda game which was just over a week ago. One "bad" game (still had 10 kicks I think) isn't really cause for concern. I don't see too many people calling Koutoufides out of form after his quiet game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he has been anywhere near the same this year. He just hasn't looked fit. He played well against St.Kilda but he still didn't look that great. It is something that has happenned the whole season, not just against carlton.

Is Harvey going to the tribunal?

Coz I just read an article at the Herald Sun website, and it said the Roos were confident Harvey would get off.. but is he actually going to the Tribunal?

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
Is Harvey going to the tribunal?

Coz I just read an article at the Herald Sun website, and it said the Roos were confident Harvey would get off.. but is he actually going to the Tribunal?

Go Roos
Harvey's charge was dropped, but due to form I'm not too sure if you club will pick him to play anyway!

Yes no charge was laid, and here is the article from the afl's cr@ppy website for your convience:

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=34487

Harvey in the clear
5:05:27 PM Mon 13 May, 2002
Paul Gough
afl.com.au

Kangaroos’ rover Brent Harvey will not have to face the AFL tribunal despite making contact with field umpire Kieron Nicholls during the Roos’ loss to West Coast in Perth on Saturday.

Harvey’s collision with Nicholls, in which he ran into the umpire’s back, was ruled accidental by the league’s umpiring department with umpires’ boss Jeff Gieschen ringing the Kangaroos to inform him Harvey’s clash had been given the all-clear.

There was also good news for Bulldogs tagger Paul Dimattina and Port defender Darren Mead, who had their striking charges withdrawn.

But it is Harvey, who will be the most relieved player after having previously been given a two-match penalty for making contact with an umpire during the 2001 pre-season competition.

As a result the little Roos rover could have expected a much more severe penalty if he had been found guilty by the tribunal for a second time on what is one of the most serious charges in the game.

However a player can only be reported for making contact with an umpire if is believed that such contact was either intentional, reckless or negligent with Harvey’s contact with umpire Nicholls not fitting into any of the above categories.

Meanwhile the charges against Dimattina and Mead were withdrawn by field umpires Stephen McBurney and Scott McLaren respectively after they viewed video replays of the incident during the AFL’s regular Monday review of matches.

As a result there is now no tribunal hearing scheduled for Tuesday night.

I can't do much for Brent, but I'll certainly be one of the many supporters who turn up on Saturday night. Believe it or not, I've even convinced a *cough* Essendon supporter to come... just gotta convince them to wear one of my roos caps....

Read a thread at the essendon site about who the biggest receiver is in the AFL... can't believe that someone nominated someone from our team....

Quote:

If your talking blokes that are soft and won't go in and get it for themselves because they are scared then i would highlight these players:

Brent Harvey - North
Craig McRae - Brisbane
Adam Yze - Melbourne
Alan Didak - Collingwood

Check it out for yourself:

http://essendonfc.com.au/bombertalk4/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17768&whichpage=4

Which brings me to the point... is there anything wrong in modern AFL in being a link man or so called "receiver". If you have good skills why shouldn't you wait outside the pack for a Stevens or Simpson to dish out to you?

Boomer is definately no hard nut in the Archer, Pickett mould, but I've never thought of him as being soft. I can't ever remember seeing him shirk an issue. I'm happy he is playing with us...

Stupid Essendon softies.
The thing that really stands in my mind how Harvey tackled and brought to the ground Lowe when we played St Kilda about 4 years ago. To me that tackle showed that the guy had a great heart. The other example is to watch how Boomer played on the lead against much stronger and taller opponent last week. Even though he did not mark Brent kept the ball alive by putting his body on the line, fought for it hard and managed to squeeze it out to North player running in support. Harvey was never soft.

Most ridiculous comment i have heard in a long time.Harvey is no receiver and does not shirk the issue.Bombers would luv him over at their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back