Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised SJ did t win it, guess getting easy disposals off the back half counts more in the voters eyes than scoring.
Now where have I seen that before?
ponder.gif

As much as I hate them I have to admit that Hodge and Mitchell were very good.

he's a freak! A dead set freak!
It's been said time and time again but take a look at the guy, built like a car salesman, 4ft'7 tall, can't accelerate and is permanently fixed in this semi-jogging motion, can't jump, can't kick over 40 metres and yet, he is able to make the very best of athletes look second rate mainly due to what's going on upstairs which is often 3, 4 or 5 seconds ahead of everyone else.

It's been said time and time again but take a look at the guy, built like a car salesman, 4ft'7 tall, can't accelerate and is permanently fixed in this semi-jogging motion, can't jump, can't kick over 40 metres and yet, he is able to make the very best of athletes look second rate mainly due to what's going on upstairs which is often 3, 4 or 5 seconds ahead of everyone else.

Not to mention that his vision in traffic is superb and his disposal by hand or foot is likewise.

Not to mention that his vision in traffic is superb and his disposal by hand or foot is likewise.

absolutely. Like you say, that awareness and calmness when there are 4 or more bodies around him is quite a rare skill. Some players take years to develop it but he's had it from the very beginning.
Ablett Junior is the same, he will waltz his way through a pack of players like that. Pendlebury does so too.

There were times last night where he made it look like the people around him had stopped moving he slid past them so easily.... and did you see when he flicked the ball up into his hands without bending down to get it.

He is a pure footballer and a gun, I don't understand when people say he doesn't hurt you with the ball because that is simply rubbish.

I don't understand when people say he doesn't hurt you with the ball because that is simply rubbish.

I understand why.
He wears a Hawthorn jumper.

36th pick in the 2001 draft.
Montagna taken just after him while Swan & Lake were taken much later on down the list.

All true but he was overlooked for the 2000 draft after winning the b & f for the Eastern Ranges in both 1999 and 2000. He started 2001 in the Box Hill development squad and ended up their No. 1 rover.

Incidentally, Hawthorn gained selection 36 in the deal which saw Croad and McPharlan head to Fremantle, and the 1 and 36 selections go to Hawthorn.

Great trade and great player!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys now singing the National Anthem! And they know the words:eek:
Quite off key but the enthusiasm was there!
I didn't see any of this, but the thought of a bunch of sweaty footy players in a circle tunelessly belting out "Our home is girt by sea" sounds truly laughable to me.

What is it with the AFL "brains trust" that anything that works somewhere must be used everywhere?

I know Naitanui is a freak tap ruckman, but watching Skip and SJ perfectly rove those hitouts in that first minute made me wonder what could be.
That was pretty exciting, yes- and makes me sad to think of what we've missed out on in the past couple of years when several of our midfielders have still been in their prime but have been "ruckman-less".

Hodge... Really

Honestly didn't noticed him at all

I noticed him twice myself. Once when Taylor was all by himself down back and would've taken the simplest of marks if Hodge didn't run back with the flight of the ball and spoil him. The second was when he handballed to Taylor who was flat footed with an opponent right behind him, leaving him no option but to handball himself, only to cough up possession for having too many handpasses in a row. Of course Hawks supporters blamed that on Taylor though. :rolleyes:

I noticed him twice myself. Once when Taylor was all by himself down back and would've taken the simplest of marks if Hodge didn't run back with the flight of the ball and spoil him. The second was when he handballed to Taylor who was flat footed with an opponent right behind him, leaving him no option but to handball himself, only to cough up possession for having too many handpasses in a row. Of course Hawks supporters blamed that on Taylor though. :rolleyes:
Oh that is complete rubbish.
Taylor was dumb to handball to hodge, and then dumb to call it back.
AND Taylor always receives flat footed. Always.

I've looked at this photo off and on for most of the day, deciding...

international-rules-cormac-mcanallen-cup-joel-selwood-alastair-clarkson-australia_3232115.jpg

Nah, it makes me sick. Sick in the guts. Sorry Joel.

But look how happy the midget is to be sharing the experience with Joel.

And if it gives Joel the appetite for raising cups, it is worth stomaching.

But look how happy the midget is to be sharing the experience with Joel.

And if it gives Joel the appetite for raising cups, it is worth stomaching.
That is just disgusting James.:thumbsdown:
I wouldn't say NO if Clarko came to Geelong for his next challenge IF and WHEN CS decides his time is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back