Autopsy NAB 1 vs Bulldogs @ Whitten Oval - Saturday 4:30pm, February 28

MVP: Select up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a few trolls on facebook Trolling the Libba injury. Just disgusting in my opinion, especially stuff like this:

Nice to see a Liberatore go down hurt for once in a Richmond-Bulldogs game. Just a shame it wasn't Knights who done him in. Would have been poetic justice of sorts.

Seriously, that is just uncalled for.

Why is it so god damn hard for them to admit they were very average against a very depleted side. argh :drunk:

because we realize that wins are going to be hard to come by and we will take them anyway we can?

I think it boils down to although it may be have been our best 22 bar Cram, Most of our side are incredibly inexperienced and young, Bob and Moz played about 40% of the game, and Libba not playing basically, and we let out young brigade duke it out.
Yes you were undermanned and missing a large portion of your starting 22, but after everything thats gone on in the off season we needed some positivity, and we need games into our young brigade.
I expect the regular season will be different, most likely a bloody tigers win, but we went into the NAB cup with different objectives. Us trying to establish our structure and starting 22 and you guys getting games into your fringe next tier players.

because we realize that wins are going to be hard to come by and we will take them anyway we can?

I think it boils down to although it may be have been our best 22 bar Cram, Most of our side are incredibly inexperienced and young, Bob and Moz played about 40% of the game, and Libba not playing basically, and we let out young brigade duke it out.
Yes you were undermanned and missing a large portion of your starting 22, but after everything thats gone on in the off season we needed some positivity, and we need games into our young brigade.
I expect the regular season will be different, most likely a bloody tigers win, but we went into the NAB cup with different objectives. Us trying to establish our structure and starting 22 and you guys getting games into your fringe next tier players.

I think this is just a small part of it. For me, the reason you guys went in so strong is because:

A) You need the financial support of the extra members a win would provide you.
B) A return to Whitten Oval with plenty of supporters there inspires confidence and a sense of loyalty.
C) Beveridge's first hitout against opposition allows him to play a best 22 for the season, to tinker with the game plan and see what works and what doesn't, effectively adding 3 games to have his best 22 up and running from the get go.

Was with his brother Mike.
You've been just itching for a chance to unleash that pearler
We might surprise a few this year.
Lingy has us finishing in the top 4 this year. Must be true then.
I like the MVP voting system btw
Yes, me too. Was very annoying last year as once the 1st couple of votes were posted, 90% were just a direct copy from them.
She's already here. She will be coming later though.
pics please
image.jpg1.jpg

1191763_o.gif
There are some total heck sticks out in the west

I think this is just a small part of it. For me, the reason you guys went in so strong is because:

A) You need the financial support of the extra members a win would provide you.
B) A return to Whitten Oval with plenty of supporters there inspires confidence and a sense of loyalty.
C) Beveridge's first hitout against opposition allows him to play a best 22 for the season, to tinker with the game plan and see what works and what doesn't, effectively adding 3 games to have his best 22 up and running from the get go.

definitely. i agree with all of that. We needs the members, we can't lose our return to the WO, and we are still heavily debating our best 22 and structure.
whereas you guys i think ahe a pretty settled 22 bar a couple of roles, have members coming out the wazoo and a good stockpile of cash.

You've been just itching for a chance to unleash that pearler

Lingy has us finishing in the top 4 this year. Must be true then.

Yes, me too. Was very annoying last year as once the 1st couple of votes were posted, 90% were just a direct copy from them.

pics please

There are some total **** sticks out in the west

tbf though every side has their morons, you guys have This Is Anfield.

definitely. i agree with all of that. We needs the members, we can't lose our return to the WO, and we are still heavily debating our best 22 and structure.
whereas you guys i think ahe a pretty settled 22 bar a couple of roles, have members coming out the wazoo and a good stockpile of cash.
Beveridge said on the telecast all your players wanted to play because it was at the Whitten Oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the game on delay; It was a bit early to wake up at 5 am to see live here in the UK but had recorded the game which was shown live on BT sports, ESPN channel. Dermie's prematch mention of Jason Castagna, more an excuse to mention his nickname "George" than to highlight one of our more fancied recruits.

Could say it was a win for both teams as I gave most of seconds a chance to compete against AFL players. It is quite valuable for the youngsters to see the intensity of the AFL level.

Positives;
Elton/Vlastuin/Knights/Bachelor/Grimes/Miles/Arnott/Lambert/Castagna/Short/Buttler/Hunt/Hammer (ruck work)

Was disappointed in the ball movement forward and the forwards holding the ball in. Lacked outside runners
Need to improve Vickery/ McBean / McEnzie/ Menudue /Lennon/ Lloyd / Drummond / McDonnaugh /Gordon

Back