The new campaign against Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

he's the keeper of the code. He's not going to say anything else Jen. Not only that, but hypothetically if the AFL were to try to renegotiate then what he's stated there would be his starting point. Why would he give that up publicly for no reason? That's not how the world works
He's the keeper of the code, not the architect. His job is to keep the code relevant in an increasingly (pharmaceutically) changing environment. It is why they have constant reviews of the Code and substances that should be included in it. He has just overseen one such change to the code. I believe this makes him more likely to identify weaknesses and have them addressed. THAT is his job, more than anything else.

He's the keeper of the code, not the architect. His job is to keep the code relevant in an increasingly (pharmaceutically) changing environment. It is why they have constant reviews of the Code and substances that should be included in it. He has just overseen one such change to the code. I believe this makes him more likely to identify weaknesses and have them addressed. THAT is his job, more than anything else.
and reviews is exactly where such processes take place. You don't go telling every journalist who calls you that your organisation's main product is flawed, whilst simultaneously decimating your capacity to negotiate with any one of dozens of sporting bodies!

and reviews is exactly where such processes take place. You don't go telling every journalist who calls you that your organisation's main product is flawed, whilst simultaneously decimating your capacity to negotiate with any one of dozens of sporting bodies!
Or you don't play bloody games and just call it how it is. Jesus Lance, is there NO possibility that he meant what he said?

Sorry to interrupt but I just got off this tram and I was sitting next to a bloke looking at bigfooty on his phone. Is it any of you? Office attire but no tie - top gun raybans. Shane Warne blond tips. Black trousers, brown shoes.

Fess up

Sorry to interrupt but I just got off this tram and I was sitting next to a bloke looking at bigfooty on his phone. Is it any of you? Office attire but no tie - top gun raybans. Shane Warne blond tips. Black trousers, brown shoes.

Fess up
Yeah. It's me. :p

Or you don't play bloody games and just call it how it is. Jesus Lance, is there NO possibility that he meant what he said?
I would imagine he means exactly what he said. But as the head of WADA he wouldn't say anything else. And in the article this is all based on one of the parties who would be involved in any such negotiation has refused to rule it out

Fess up
I have black shoes.

Fess up

Big ears? Kept looking at his reflection in the window? Wife sitting opposite taking notes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, I'm good

No surprise.

Personally I wouldn't stick with the idea that a fella would allow a reason that doesn't exist at the time he does something to stop him doing it.

Nor would I assume that the same fella would commit the crime of perjury to cover a porky told to the media.

Perhaps we have different standards of logical process.

No surprise.

Personally I wouldn't stick with the idea that a fella would allow a reason that doesn't exist at the time he does something to stop him doing it.

Nor would I assume that the same fella would commit the crime of perjury to cover a porky told to the media.

Perhaps we have different standards of logical process.
he may very well change his story in court, and destroy his reputation completely in the process. Good logic given he instigated the action

sorry to say it, but you're falling into the usual trap of projecting your own desires onto the canvass of WADA. They don't care - if they did, they would have retained the power to do something about it. The idea that an organisation would care about something that's not even in their remit is really quite silly I'm sorry

And I think you are kidding yourself. WADA are hardly about to have their code toyed with by a small football club in a provincial code in Australia.

Personally I don't think it matters. Tomorrow 34 players will be pinged for using TB4.

And I think you are kidding yourself. WADA are hardly about to have their code toyed with by a small football club in a provincial code in Australia.

Personally I don't think it matters. Tomorrow 34 players will be pinged for using TB4.
ok, sure thing, let's see.

Just like they didn't have their code toyed with by the provincial code called NRL right?

well, I can succinctly summarise it by saying that WADA let their code be toyed with by a small football club in a provincial code in Australia

I think we are seeing something of a perfect storm here (or catastrophic storm depending on where you sit). The AFL would love to sweep this away, but I cannot see how they will do it -Saad, Crowley, ice at club level, pies players today. If the AFL issue a Melbourne tanking decision they will instantly become a complete laughing stock. The news of the pies players today just backs them deeper into the corner they have already put themselves in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back