Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

God Fagan is a ripper, just makes so much sense. As triggy would say, he is crystal clear:D
I know Chappy and the board copped a lot of shit for the Trigg/Tippet handling (as they should have) but I reckon they chose an absolute ripper with A.Fagan, doesn't take 'no crap or backward steps! Beauty.
It's weird, cause I saw someone post on the main board asking why did Carlton hire Trigg when he has so much baggage now and just seems like a very average CEO, and the answer seemed to be "well it's hard to find anyone else decent". Which may be true if you limit yourself to people with CEO experience inside the AFL, but we seem to have done very well in looking outside that circle and finding a guy who while he has CEO experience in sports, isn't one of the few AFL guys around. If Carlton's #1 criteria was "he has to have already been in the AFL system" then I think they did themselves a massive disservice.

So does Rowie now believe Mick is a liar ?? Bicks actually owned Rooch

It's weird, cause I saw someone post on the main board asking why did Carlton hire Trigg when he has so much baggage now and just seems like a very average CEO, and the answer seemed to be "well it's hard to find anyone else decent". Which may be true if you limit yourself to people with CEO experience inside the AFL, but we seem to have done very well in looking outside that circle and finding a guy who while he has CEO experience in sports, isn't one of the few AFL guys around. If Carlton's #1 criteria was "he has to have already been in the AFL system" then I think they did themselves a massive disservice.
makes me wonder if our board isn't that bad after all and Trigg just had them by the balls somehow the whole time (presumably by threatening to reveal secrets of his own incompetence that would damage the club).

CF_2uh7UsAAIJDK.jpg

Rucci and bicks via Soundcloud

Wow he is such a defensive person. He essentially makes the point that everyone else is, that it is naive to think that all deals are made after 31st of October, then gets right on the back foot when asked for his opinion.

You can hear the venom dripping from Bicks' words when he brought up the article from yesterday. He really doesn't like Rucci, I love it.

Some of that sounds like it was written by Carl.

Rooch - You're taking it out of context!
Bicks - It's the headline
Rooch - I only said it was possible he might lose his job in about the 12th paragraph!
Bicks - It's the headline.
Rooch - Maybe you should have a word then with whoever at the Advertiser wrote that headline!
Bicks - Its got your name on it. Maybe you should have a word.

This was classic stuff. Well done Bicks!

For mine it still falls back on Trigg. How professional is the man? The AFC saved him after Tippettgate and yet he has loose lips re this club. I know Mick is throwing a match on the flammables as he departs, but why oh why Mr Trigg? Gee after all these years I can now 'be really clear on this'....man.
He is not a good man, you can imagine him in there talking himself up , the least secure people love to over compensate with a bit of false confidence , he's certainly one of those ...thank god he's gone , another amateur decision by Carlton, they really are a shite organisation

Has malthouse been interviewed on AA yet? How was his mate Rowey? What did malthouse add?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rooch - I only said it was possible he might lose his job in about the 12th paragraph!
Rooch - Maybe you should have a word then with whoever at the Advertiser wrote that headline!

Bicks is usually the fool in Carl's pieces. Who knew he was really the opposite? :p

What...a...weasel! (or should I say ferret)

You can just tell he's playing the integrity card because it suits his hate fueled agenda for our club, I doubt he'd be so concerned about it all if it were his club instead. Had he genuinely cared about the topic of players reaching agreements with other clubs outside the allowed time frame then perhaps he should have actually delved into that topic in more detail, instead of wasting ink on wild speculation of punishments, talk about going off prematurely...:rolleyes:

Weasel

Absolutely Mick understood what was said and what he himself said on Tuesday, I was just pointing out that everyone keeps asking "Why Would Mick Lie?" when there is clear evidence that no-one has lied, just some statements taken out of context.

Didn't he say Trigg told him Betts had signed? If so someone is lying - Malthouse or Trigg. I know which horse I'd be backing.

love bicks. The guy has a brain which is very rare on 5aa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back