Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he'll have much to add on what we already know. When the AFL interview 8 people in a day, the media will start digging. I mean, it's ******* Jon Ralph, the bloke can barely string together a coherent sentence.

Agree, I think Ralph and Rucci were separated at birth

Dumb and Dumber

So Rucci is now saying Port interviewed Eddie late and he chose us, bet he doesn't use that one the next time he's comparing our clubs trade history.

What makes Rucci look so pathetic and vindictive is that if he was truely concerned about clubs doing deals with contracted players then he's missed many, many prior opportunities to bring it up.
He could've brought it up when Ablett went to GC. Davis went to GWS, when Bock went to GC, when Tippett went to Sydney (which mind you was brought up by Cometti on 5AA, the very same radio station Rucc works at), when Franklin went to Sydney etc etc etc.
But no, he missed ALL of these golden opportunities to drive integrity in the AFL for the fans. Yes Rucc, it's all about the fans isn't it.
You pathetic, bitter and screwed up scribbler. And you have the gall to complain on radio about a social media agenda against you!
Speechless.

I think the agenda by Ralph will be to use this case to highlight just how long to go in a contract AFL clubs are targeting players and whether its unacceptable. The rules state the crows didn't do anything wrong but I think the media will look to use it to put pressure on clubs to back off from approaching players so early. However I wonder if he has rung Dangerfields manager and Geelong to find out exactly what has been spoken about in those talks. That surely is more relevant considering rumours were circling mid 2014 he was on his way too Geelong. How could that happen????

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-draft-tampering/story-fnp04d71-1227371335864

ADELAIDE will be cleared of draft-tampering allegations by the evidence of two AFL clubs that will say there was a genuine auction for Eddie Betts’ free agency signature.

Sacked Carlton coach Michael Malthouse’s explosive claim that Betts played out his last season with the Blues having already signed an agreement with the Crows could be dismissed by the AFL as soon as Thursday.

Critical to clearing the Crows will not only be the documents sent Wednesday morning by the Adelaide Football Club to the AFL integrity unit, but more telling will be the word of two AFL rivals that also interviewed Betts in 2013.

There is one and only one thing that needs to be said here.

If Eddie Betts said he was going to adelaide 412 years ago it doesnt matter.
As long as he didnt sign a contract, there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Phil Davis did the same thing. Told us he was leaving mid year. Now how is Eddie's one an issue, and Phil Davis not in that case?

Fact is Trigg told him that because he was privy to the information that Eddie was planning a move and had pretty much said yes to moving already (NOT ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO THE AFL RULES)

Nothing to see here

I'm not sure it applied to Davis but wasn't there a 2 week window between seasons where the expansion clubs could formally sign a player even if they had a season left to serve at their current club. Vaguely recall this being a bit of an issue.

There's so much rage frothing over, it's hard to figure out what is actually being argued?

We all hope it's a little bit true, but not so true it can be proven

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Rucci stuff is all about.

It was a story the second it got said in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes Rucci look so pathetic and vindictive is that if he was truely concerned about clubs doing deals with contracted players then he's missed many, many prior opportunities to bring it up.
He could've brought it up when Ablett went to GC. Davis went to GWS, when Bock went to GC, when Tippett went to Sydney (which mind you was brought up by Cometti on 5AA, the very same radio station Rucc works at), when Franklin went to Sydney etc etc etc.
But no, he missed ALL of these golden opportunities to drive integrity in the AFL for the fans. Yes Rucc, it's all about the fans isn't it.
You pathetic, bitter and screwed up scribbler. And you have the gall to complain on radio about a social media agenda against you!
Speechless.

The great thing (which can also be a liability) about social media is that it is reducing the influence of the print media. Result : more sensational headlines by print media to get attention.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Rucci stuff is all about.

It was a story the second it got said in the media.
Getting an investigation is a story.

Rooch wrote a story calling for life bans, draft sanctions etc. None of which are possible sanctions AFAIK. He's tried to be judge jury and executioner before even doing any research. After 13 hours and a few calls, he know has evidence of no wrongdoing. If he'd waited til he'd made a few calls, he could have avoided writing such an inflammatory article in the first place.

No other media identities wrote "sanctions" stories.

Getting an investigation is a story.

Rooch wrote a story calling for life bans, draft sanctions etc. None of which are possible sanctions AFAIK. He's tried to be judge jury and executioner before even doing any research. After 13 hours and a few calls, he know has evidence of no wrongdoing. If he'd waited til he'd made a few calls, he could have avoided writing such an inflammatory article in the first place.

No other media identities wrote "sanctions" stories.

Rucci is about selling newspapers. That's his goal and it has been for a while that's why facts don't exist and his articles are opinion pieces. What he does is write his articles in a passive aggressive way. In other words he expresses his actual opinion through inference but chooses his wording well enough so he can back pedal and state he made no such accusation. Its funny how time and time again 90% of Adelaide understands his inference but he then denies it when he is caught out citing his wording. If he wonders why he lacks credibility its that!

That's not on! If wikipedia is not reliable, kids and uni students everywhere won't be able to write their assignments!

Someone needs to tweet that s**t at riccuito and fages before it gets taken down...the wiki link, that is

Mate just text me to say that his advertiser complaint email he sent to the editors went straight through rucci and he called him out on it over twitter. Great organisation they have down there. Look forward to when they go broke!

Doesn't surprise me. Newspaper sales are plummeting and becoming less relevant, so we can expect more shrieking headlines. When I travel on a plane the no of papers available for free is amazing. I'm sure Qantas don't pay for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back