Review Freo d Melbourne by 54 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy. Sheridan's goal was a ripper. He's starting to show all those who were knocking him that he has something to offer.

Decent debut from Langdon. Looks like he's gonna be a player for sure. I love that he and Weller both had plenty of bounces in their debuts, indicating lots of run and carry.

Can I have your barcode for the QF? Sounds like the outcome is a foregone conclusion to you, I'd love to watch live, cheer myself hoarse, and be surprised.
No one would be happier than I if we win it. God knows I've waited long enough.

All I can go on is what I've been watching in regards to all the teams in the top eight and I don't think we cut the mustard.

Shoot me.

Shoot me.

Only after I've taken your barcodes. ;)

Seriously, mate, if you've been waiting this long, enjoy the fact that we are first for the first time in ever. Was form sparkling? No. But it was consistent enough to get wins on the board in a very even competition.

Maybe you're right, and we don't cut mustard. Dwelling on that just sucks all the anticipation of what promises to be a ripping finals series, and you know from seeing these guys that they won't die wondering and will give it their best shake. Just enjoy the ride. :)

Interesting round next week.

If all games go as expected then it will be the best possible QF fixture for us: We play Sydney at Subi, and West Coast play Hawthorn at Subi.

BUT if West Coast lose it is the worst possible scenario for us: We will play West Coast in a derby qualifying final (thereby losing our home ground advantage), and Hawthorn will finish 2nd and play Sydney at home.

So for the first time ever, I am hoping that West Coast can do the right thing and get over the Saints next week.

Interesting round next week.

If all games go as expected then it will be the best possible QF fixture for us: We play Sydney at Subi, and West Coast play Hawthorn at Subi.

BUT if West Coast lose it is the worst possible scenario for us: We will play West Coast in a derby qualifying final (thereby losing our home ground advantage), and Hawthorn will finish 2nd and play Sydney at home.

So for the first time ever, I am hoping that West Coast can do the right thing and get over the Saints next week.
If WC can't beat the saints in Perth we have nothing to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed to be a lot more negativity at the game from our supporters this week which made it a tad hard to bear but otherwise really enjoyed it.

It was hot, we were playing a struggling team, we had a few key players out, we only needed to win and we won easily. Job done.

The cherry on top was watching Langdon's debut.

If WC can't beat the saints in Perth we have nothing to worry about.

The thing is that it's actually a meaningless game for West Coast. Possibly even a game they would want to tank.

Win or lose, they play at Subi in the QF. The only question is whether they would rather play Hawthorn or Fremantle. Given recent results they would start favourites against either.

Any views on Ibbo forward? Any swingman future there?
Anyone notice the constant rotation of our free man in defense? I reckon it was a trial of the master plan in that first half, went through MJ, Spurr, Mzungu, Sutcliffe.

The thing is that it's actually a meaningless game for West Coast. Possibly even a game they would want to tank.

Win or lose, they play at Subi in the QF. The only question is whether they would rather play Hawthorn or Fremantle. Given recent results they would start favourites against either.
No it's not meaningless. They will want to win and finish 2nd, not 3 or 4.

I see his point. Assuming hawks and swans win, Weagles finish either 2 or 4, either way they pay at domain.

I could see a possibility of Wet Toast tanking and then finishing 4th so they play us at Subi rather than the Hawks, they maybe confident from the last derby. Only problem for them would be they would be giving up a home ground advantage in case they lose.

I could see a possibility of Wet Toast tanking and then finishing 4th so they play us at Subi rather than the Hawks, they maybe confident from the last derby. Only problem for them would be they would be giving up a home ground advantage in case they lose.
They won't try to lose, but there is little reason to play anyone who's borderline. I don't think the form of any of the top 3 in recent weeks is a coincidence.

Did what we needed to do, I was happy with Langdon playing a whole game, kid look knackered at the end of it but was still running. Good signs.
I thought Suban did very well, even my old mate D Pearce was skiing downhill with some aplomb. In fact all the usual kicking bags did OK.
Bring on the QF!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back