Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the team of the year is picked by the guys doing the radio. So that means side is picked by players who perform well in games that are broadcast and maybe a little also on some best players during the year as written in the record.

Ricky Delphine is a gun from Gembrook.great bloke to.
How the hell did Rick Causer not get in the side.He is a Rolls Royce.

When blokes like Ben Collins don't get a gig from Div 1 I cant see a good argument.

Since when has wandin had a university

Go to a Wandin home game and you'll see all the graduates from the Wandin Uni. They gather at the forward/back flank area at the Clegg Road end of the ground:)

On a more serious note, no listing of the Olinda players on the league website for Sunday's game (as of 8:00 p.m. on Friday night). Playing ducks and drakes or just an oversight?

Any rumours/whispers on applicants for the regional general manager? Why will he/she be based at Lilydale?

Saw the video on domestic violence on the channel 2 news last night. Big pat on the back for all involved.

Heard on the rumour kill several players were In doubt and a number of reserves players did a extra session tonight for some touch

[QUOTE="Any rumours/whispers on applicants for the regional general manager? Why will he/she be based at Lilydale?
[/QUOTE]

League Office is moving to Lilydale at the end of the season, Nelson Rd, Signage is already up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S of yr has just approved a private uni on clegg rd wandin
Papers lodged suggest the subjects will include sprinkler fitting and accounting majoring in front ended contracts

Well done to jules On a serious note

Overheard a couple of Olinda blokes fairly late in the game at Yarra Glen today, with one saying "At least it won't be so hard to sack him now". I know you'll play this with a straight bat TS, and the above could to refer to alot of things, but surely after the season you've had you're not going to sack the coach?

Fairly lacklustre affair between the 2 Bloods for 2 and a half quarters with both sides negating each other. Healesville very workman like and just to quick for the mountain bloods from about the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. Healesville will be taking a bit of form into next week, but I can't see them upsetting Wandin (but gee I hope they do):thumbsu:

Overheard a couple of Olinda blokes fairly late in the game at Yarra Glen today, with one saying "At least it won't be so hard to sack him now". I know you'll play this with a straight bat TS, and the above could to refer to alot of things, but surely after the season you've had you're not going to sack the coach?

Fairly lacklustre affair between the 2 Bloods for 2 and a half quarters with both sides negating each other. Healesville very workman like and just to quick for the mountain bloods from about the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. Healesville will be taking a bit of form into next week, but I can't see them upsetting Wandin (but gee I hope they do):thumbsu:

Are we talking about a couple of randoms you overheard ? Can't imagine anyone of "significance" making comments like that.
TBH I don't know what's in store for 2016 at OFC. Pete's certainly changed the way we play, it's taken some time to bed in but fair to say some big and much needed steps taken this year. I think it'll be Pete's call and I'm sure it's being nutted out if it hasn't already. He gets a lot of approaches each year so can't rule out him taking another role.

As for yesterday, never felt at any stage that we were allowed any room to move. Sometimes you can only play as well as your opposition lets you. Healesville were just fantastic in that regard, and IMO are every chance to win next week on there home deck if they bring that pressure. Mids run hard and are tough at it, got the backs to cover Wandin fwds and got the fwds to stretch Wandin backs. I think they're a huge chance !!!

Are we talking about a couple of randoms you overheard ? Can't imagine anyone of "significance" making comments like that.
TBH I don't know what's in store for 2016 at OFC. Pete's certainly changed the way we play, it's taken some time to bed in but fair to say some big and much needed steps taken this year. I think it'll be Pete's call and I'm sure it's being nutted out if it hasn't already. He gets a lot of approaches each year so can't rule out him taking another role.

As for yesterday, never felt at any stage that we were allowed any room to move. Sometimes you can only play as well as your opposition lets you. Healesville were just fantastic in that regard, and IMO are every chance to win next week on there home deck if they bring that pressure. Mids run hard and are tough at it, got the backs to cover Wandin fwds and got the fwds to stretch Wandin backs. I think they're a huge chance !!!

The Healesville boys will be pumped up for this weeks GF, the coach has gone the old us against the world theme, as an example "Wandin dont respect us" "we only got 1 player in the team of the year", "everyone says we are to young". "it was a soft send off of Barclay" in the 2nd semi, changed the game they reckon.......

Cant wait for Saturday should be a ripper, for Healesville to win they will need to give Jugga a lot more attention than last time, need a better match up for coombes, they held Wandins other prime movers Myers Taylor Wilson and Polky pretty well in the 2nd semi, if they do that again i can see them pushing Wandin big time.

The Healesville boys will be pumped up for this weeks GF, the coach has gone the old us against the world theme, as an example "Wandin dont respect us" "we only got 1 player in the team of the year", "everyone says we are to young". "it was a soft send off of Barclay" in the 2nd semi, changed the game they reckon.......

Cant wait for Saturday should be a ripper, for Healesville to win they will need to give Jugga a lot more attention than last time, need a better match up for coombes, they held Wandins other prime movers Myers Taylor Wilson and Polky pretty well in the 2nd semi, if they do that again i can see them pushing Wandin big time.
I would say it's Wandin against the world. Can't imagine one neatural supporter wanting them to win after spending a truck load this year. Some very very nervous supporters, players and financiers you would think up at the kennel this week.

It should be a really good game, haven't seen a great deal of Wandin this year only a half up at Olinda earlier in the year.
I thought H/Ville looked hungry and really organised. They were well in control at the stoppages and it become telling in the 3rd Quarter as Olindas backline were really under the pump. Hard to stop Wandin as they have had so many different players stand up over the year, Is it Myers, Baylis, Polkinghorne?
Probably not worth getting too absorbed in wandin, H/Ville really need to worry about themselves as they have a great style that if at their best should give themselves a chance. 25 degrees last Sunday, big ground and 6 day turn around I think is a huge factor. Both sides looked pretty cooked.
Fantastic year from Olinda, slow to start but a well timed build into form. They have a lot to look forward to in the coming years!

It should be a really good game, haven't seen a great deal of Wandin this year only a half up at Olinda earlier in the year.
I thought H/Ville looked hungry and really organised. They were well in control at the stoppages and it become telling in the 3rd Quarter as Olindas backline were really under the pump. Hard to stop Wandin as they have had so many different players stand up over the year, Is it Myers, Baylis, Polkinghorne?
Probably not worth getting too absorbed in wandin, H/Ville really need to worry about themselves as they have a great style that if at their best should give themselves a chance. 25 degrees last Sunday, big ground and 6 day turn around I think is a huge factor. Both sides looked pretty cooked.
Fantastic year from Olinda, slow to start but a well timed build into form. They have a lot to look forward to in the coming years!
I'm tipping Healesville
Play a good brand of footy and would be confident after the 2nd semi with a couple of changes
Healesvilles strength is defence and I can't imagine a shot out gf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back