Centrelink Law Reform Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Gazalong

Rookie
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
New rules allow private companies to remove payments from Centrelink clients without a right to challenge their decision.

Australian documentary investigation of work programme schemes, many for disabled people run by Maximus, shows how the scheme is being manipulated and, at times, systematically exploited. Reporter Linton Besser reveals the corruption at the heart of the program aimed at helping some of this country's most vulnerable people.

Corruption in the Employment Services Sector has removed the human rights from many of the most vulnerable in our society.

According to official Government statistics there are 12 job seekers competing for every job vacancy in Australia, so the political ideology is not going to hold for the next election.

The only question is will Tony Abbott listen to the reality or go down a martyr?

Event: Spread The Word - Join Us

https://www.facebook.com/events/490899117745476/

11891151_1605570923045193_405999979285796369_n.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group: Centrelink Law Reform Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia

11903898_1606121626323456_2265010616469835396_n.jpg

The Members of this Group believe that Private Companies, Government Contracted Companies should be stopped from scamming for illegally obtained Commonwealth monies above human life!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group: Work for the Dole Complaints
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Work.For.The.Dole.Complaints/

11781720_1597223457213273_6424405348520754558_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am all for social welfare reform but in no way should anyone be able to claim any debt or any payment from anyone's pay or social welfare payment without authorisation from the recipient.

The exception to that is a court order.

FTR I would like the dole to be like austudy where you can work without penalty to a threshold and a cents in the dollar claw back threshold after that. In fact the first $100 you earn, I would actually support giving an additional $100s dole.

We should help those who help themselves!

I am all for social welfare reform but in no way should anyone be able to claim any debt or any payment from anyone's pay or social welfare payment without authorisation from the recipient.

The exception to that is a court order.

FTR I would like the dole to be like austudy where you can work without penalty to a threshold and a cents in the dollar claw back threshold after that. In fact the first $100 you earn, I would actually support giving an additional $100s dole.

We should help those who help themselves!

I was on the dole for a brief period a number of years back, and did some seasonal work. When you counted the lost income from the dole that working like this did, I ended up making about $4 an hour. I kept working for a bit, but then left early as I figured my time would have been better invested spending those hours applying for more permanent jobs.

The current system is a heavy disincentive to work and needs reform. I wouldn't pay people though as then it would incentivize people to not get a proper job as the sweet spot would be in making $x a week. However, they do need to raise the threshold, or soften its slope, so that no one is ever working for less than $10 an hour after deductions. That would better encourage people to accept whatever work they can find.

I was on the dole for a brief period a number of years back, and did some seasonal work. When you counted the lost income from the dole that working like this did, I ended up making about $4 an hour. I kept working for a bit, but then left early as I figured my time would have been better invested spending those hours applying for more permanent jobs.

The current system is a heavy disincentive to work and needs reform. I wouldn't pay people though as then it would incentivize people to not get a proper job as the sweet spot would be in making $x a week. However, they do need to raise the threshold, or soften its slope, so that no one is ever working for less than $10 an hour after deductions. That would better encourage people to accept whatever work they can find.

yep

we all know its easier to find work when you have a job

employers see that as a positive even if its 5 hours a week. it shows you are trying and motivated.

The only question is will Tony Abbott listen to the reality or go down a martyr?
Well, we have an answer to that question!
-------------------------------------------------------

Level 2 Complaint lodged with Human Services.

Legal Instruction for Outcome of Government Complaint - 15 September 2015

https://www.scribd.com/doc/281018150

Unconscionable Government Services - Merits and Contracts Review
https://www.scribd.com/doc/276472015

All Accompanying Referenced Documents are Here
https://www.scribd.com/centrelink-Law-Reform-Australia

This complaint is important as a test case against administrative failure,
awaiting response from their Lawyers.
CO7Eg63UcAEUzum.jpg

if anyone has contacts I am seeking a lawyer. Whilst unconscionable behavior
is allowed to continue, the vulnerable in society are at risk.

Work for the dole ie 25 hours of hard labour a week where you are paid the equivalent of $4 an hour, where your lunch breaks aren't included in your time.

How something like this is legal - I don't know.

Work for the dole ie 25 hours of hard labour a week where you are paid the equivalent of $4 an hour, where your lunch breaks aren't included in your time.

How something like this is legal - I don't know.

work for the dole is a win win for the welfare recipient and society but it should be a fair pay and still consider the basic principles of allocation of resources and positive outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Submitted official complaint with Government

Human Services just closed Complaint without address?

Then when I contact them to complain about the complaint being closed without address;
Human Services Asks "Why are you talking to us and not a Lawyer"?

The Government may be more of an oppressive dictatorship under Turnbull then Abbott.
That's the reality from the lived experience.

Lawyers taking unconscionable advantage.

I have now contacted Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to ask for Cooperation in my Complaint of Government Unconscionability and Tortious Acts. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u32nyYJYFwZ2hKSzgwazItRjg/view?usp=sharing

CQDo4FeVAAAzAGb.jpg

Australian Government Human Services Complaint:
https://www.scribd.com/centrelink-Law-Reform-Australia

Human Service Phone Transcripts of My Complaint:
https://www.scribd.com/DHS-Complaint-Transcripts
CQDo4GAUsAA2U7I.jpg

Gary
Centrelink Law Reform Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia/

CJHqYZVVEAA3vo3.jpg

Have finally been Centrelink free for about 2 or so months now -

Anyone who says or implies that living on C-Link is easy, have either never done it, or are liars

I was working whilst on Austudy meaning I had to go in each "fortnight?" to lodge payment slips. The staff were really helpful and supportive to me.

but right next to me, there would be some poor fellow needing assistance with the dole. well f me, if the service was like chalk and cheese. All smiles to the austudy and nothing but grief to the person on the dole.

centrelink staff should be reminded their job is to do their job and not judge those who need their help.

Have finally been Centrelink free for about 2 or so months now -

Anyone who says or implies that living on C-Link is easy, have either never done it, or are liars

well done by the way

well done!

My personal experiences being on the dole is that the leeches called 'Job Network Agencies' are a bigger drain on the taxpayer than the unemployed themselves.

For those which haven't lived through the process, they are basically places where you go to waste your time; they give some pretty low level tips on how to write your resume and what to do for a job interview in an interactive seminar. I got sat down for some interviews with them where they ticked boxes and told me they would match me up with some potential employers; but that never happened. Aside from that you were made to come in three times a week to use their facilities to look for jobs. In my case, my training and work experience was in the games industry, and they blocked all relevant INDUSTRY and individual game COMPANY pages under 'entertainment', even though they were no such thing. Same thing with related fields such as production and film. I lodged a complaint about this, but they just shrugged and told me to 'apply for those jobs at home'. So I spent these hours applying for jobs I wasn't qualified for, ensuring everyone's time was wasted to full potential.

That in itself isn't worthy of complaint; after all its only fair to deal with bureaucracy when you're on the dole. But the thing that stuck out to me was exactly how much money was being wasted on this non service. When someone gets a job they collect several thousand dollars, regardless on whether they actually did anything or not. Hell, the first time around I just stopped going once I got a job, and it took them a full two months before they bothered calling me to ask why I wasn't showing up. I told them I was employed months ago and the lady rudely muttered to herself 'its probably too late now' and hung up abruptly. I was happy they probably didn't get to collect their welfare for doing nothing but make finding employment harder; but the second time around they most definitely did. I got a job two days after Centrelink signed me up to one. I had found, applied, and interviewed beforehand, so the JNA got money for nothing in the most literal sense of the word. I had to give them my employers details too, which was mortifying as the last thing I wanted to do for a professional position was have a JNA or Centrelink contact them. I gave it to them though as Centrelink would have cut my payments off immediately, and I needed them until the job started.

TL;DR: Job Network Agencies get rich off government handouts without providing any worthwhile service to help the unemployed get jobs, and simply make a fortune on the natural churn of people losing and finding jobs on their own. If we need reform, this is where we'd genuinely save a fortune while leaving no one worse off.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back