FTA-TV Ash vs the Evil Dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Starts on Stan on Halloween.

I watched the teaser trailer on the weekend, and it looks like Bruce Campbell is in vintage form. Starz ordered 10 episodes of 30 minutes each (except the premiere, which runs for 40 minutes).

Preliminary reviews are along the lines of Ash is great, the rest of the cast is a bit meh.

Definitely will be watching though.

It's not really necessary. But if you are a stickler for watching stuff in order, it's basically an alternate sequel to the second film (they couldn't get the rights to Army of Darkness so they just sort of ignored it in terms of continuity).

The first Evil Dead has a pretty different tone to the rest of the series. Personally my favourite is Evil Dead II.

Good start to series, loved the last 15 minutes. Good mix of gore, laughs & fan service.
Should I watch the films prior?
Yeah, not so much because of plot purposes but because all three are classics in different ways. Plus what happened in the movies will probably be spoiled throughout the series so may as well watch them first. I dare say there will be plenty of callbacks from the movies throughout the series as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First two episodes where the best for mine. The two after that dropped a bit but it has got back into form recently, but it is one of my favourite shows.

Best part of the series was the second episode dinner table scene. After he punches the mum and she turns into a deadite and says "oh good, I was starting to feel like a real dick" was a pisser :)

You probably have to be an Evil Dead / AOD fan to enjoy the show but I'd be curious to see what the noobs think of it.

Just saw episode 10, the last of Season 1. Holy s**t, did that dial things up to 11 or WHAT? Awesome series. Can't believe the amount of carnage shown onscreen.

I didn't know how it would go at first but now I'm actually glad they went the T.V route than simply add another movie to the 'franchise'. Can't wait for Season 2 to fire up!

Great series, last 2 episodes were fantastic. Love how the show takes parts from all three movies: the straight horror/tension from the original, the gore comedy of Evil Dead 2 & the action/adventure + one-liners of Army of Darkness. This show is such a treat, love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back