Prediction Round 2 ins and outs vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have enough room to upgrade another one and then get another one after round 11 so thats not a problem. For some reason I seem to think every time we upgraded someone last year they didnt play that week but then play the week after.

Either way I dont mind it, adds a bit of experience which will need in a game like this because saints will come at us hard and we'll have to see them off at some point. Also he will absolutely give 100% once given an opportunity, he's got a point to prove and wont let this slip.

Straight swap for Dunkley makes sense to me.
On the bulldogs website it says he replaces Clay smith who has been added to LTI list

Quite a bit of disrespect for Billings in this thread which is strange considering his performance against you guys in game 1 last year (he was injured in game 2).

As a junior he played mainly as a high half forward however was always touted as a future midfielder. Unfortunately he had his fair share of injuries minimising his potential to play more midfield time.

Even as a high half forward in the early period of his AFL career he has still found plenty of ball. He averaged 20 possessions last year & started this year with 22 touches. It's not like he's been a flop in his first 20-30 games of AFL.

Once he builds up his fitness I've got no doubt he plays more midfield minutes & collects more possessions. I wouldn't even mind if he continues to play plenty forward. The most damaging player in the comp IMO plays 50/50 fwd/mid & commenced his career as a 185cm full forward - Robbie Gray. I have no issue if Billings' career pans out like that.

Many seem to compare Billings to Bont & because Billings hasn't started his career in such a bang like Bont he becomes a flop? Breaking down the 2013 draft the only 'obvious' players that seem ahead of Billings are Cripps & Bont....that suggests to me the selection is far from a flop.

GL on the weekend guys.

Billings is on a par with Lachie Hunter; kicks more goals but gets less of the pill, probably because he's not as fit and spends more time in a forward pocket. I doubt you're spending too much time on Lachie Hunter on your board, nor would you be interested in some explanation as to why Lachie Hunter isn't Patrick Cripps. Cuts both ways.

Ok. So who should we rest this week, why and who replaces them?

Feel free to not respond and simply rely on your previous immature post that adds nothing of value to this thread or the board in general.
Well I have already had that long discussion! Feel free to not read this thread and then complain about what's written on the thread. Hence why I said Bollocks!

Once again going with the undersized defence. Bev has massive balls
I reckon a late change might be on the cards. Adams & Morris/Wood vs. Bruce & Riewoldt is fair enough but we're very undersized if McCartin comes in. That opens the door for Hamling. Remember Wood played out of his skin last time and we barely won :eek:

I reckon a late change might be on the cards. Adams & Morris/Wood vs. Bruce & Riewoldt is fair enough but we're very undersized if McCartin comes in. That opens the door for Hamling. Remember Wood played out of his skin last time and we barely won :eek:

Yeah I think Hamling is a late in. I just want the 3 pronged defensive setup.

We didn't have Libba last time.

Smoke and mirrors perhaps? Or a genuine chance to play? If anything we'd bring Hamling in IMO
I didn't realise it at the time but apparently it's because of Clay, not the Crameri upgrade.

Fair chance he'll just be an emergency I reckon.

EDIT: so apparently I should read the new posts before replying to my quoted posts

I don't hate St. Kilda apart from Captain Collapse :mad:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Brian Lake is a regular on Friday mornings with sport 927. He was on this morning (I know it is Thursday but it is Brian Lake) and a Saints fan asked him about his contact with Reiwoldt and the subsequent free kick in the prelim. Lake was ok about it, said it was something he was trying to forget, Reiwoldt milked it but good on him and said it was a club plan to target Reiwoldt physically. He said the umpires came into the rooms at half time and warned the Dogs to pull back on the physical stuff against Reiwoldt but Lake said when he was back on the ground he felt it was a final and a bit of a bump was ok.

He was later asked who he would like his boys to play for - the Bulldogs or Hawthorn. He said Hawthorn because they are a better run club. He was pressed on it and said in the last year or so the Bulldogs have got their act together but he felt the bigger more successful clubs took better care of their players both on and off the field and with a more successful club their are better opportunities for life after football.

I would have preferred to bring in Hamling since he's a tall body but doesn't rob us of any run. Still, MC have been on top of things for the most part so happy to back them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCartin had 25 disposals, 15 marks and 7 goals in the VFL; he's a certainty to play FWIW.

We really can't underestimate the great tactician that is Alan Richardson.
i just hope we don't go into the game with the same mind set we sometimes do against the lower tier teams and lose a game we have no business losing.
We have to win these games if we want to have top 8 aspirations.

I also feel he will try and catch us off guard by having 3 talls for most of the game with bringing in Mccartin and having Riewoldt predominantly forward.
It wouldn't catch us off guard. North, Pies and co have all tried it and as they say; you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Safe to say they died by the sword playing too many talls up fwd. Hope the Saints do though, plays right into our hands.

With our rebound, they'd be bold to play Riewoldt, Bruce and McCartin in the one forward line. We've got a vastly superior midfield so they'll get little supply and if they get rushed entries, we'll just run away from them. Recipe for disaster IMO.
Disagree about their midfield, Steven and Armitage are key for them and if they both have good games then they'll be in it.

Need to get on top there first

I think its fair to say with our gamestyle I am happier to go in undersized rather than too tall.

McCartin had 25 disposals, 15 marks and 7 goals in the VFL; he's a certainty to play FWIW.

Just thinking about it I am happy to have Wood play a real unaccountable role on McCartin. McCartin kicked that bag against a bunch of witches hats on the weekend. Let's see how McCartin handles Wood peeling off and starting attacking forays.

We didn't have Libba last time.
True. And Stringer was unusually quiet. The team may have been spooked by the round 6 loss :(

I know - guess we'll find out soon. Expect Hamling to be a late inclusion then!

Brian Lake is a regular on Friday mornings with sport 927. He was on this morning (I know it is Thursday but it is Brian Lake) and a Saints fan asked him about his contact with Reiwoldt and the subsequent free kick in the prelim. Lake was ok about it, said it was something he was trying to forget, Reiwoldt milked it but good on him and said it was a club plan to target Reiwoldt physically. He said the umpires came into the rooms at half time and warned the Dogs to pull back on the physical stuff against Reiwoldt but Lake said when he was back on the ground he felt it was a final and a bit of a bump was ok.

He was later asked who he would like his boys to play for - the Bulldogs or Hawthorn. He said Hawthorn because they are a better run club. He was pressed on it and said in the last year or so the Bulldogs have got their act together but he felt the bigger more successful clubs took better care of their players both on and off the field and with a more successful club their are better opportunities for life after football.

Yeah perhaps if wasn't for clubs like us, he may not have got his opportunity. He was resonisble in part for that loss, his stupidity on that night and on other occasions was mind boggling. He has no class. A great player no doubt....but otherwise, happy for him to align himself with the Hawks, he's a front runner.

Once again going with the undersized defence. Bev has massive balls
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. McCartin is a tall, but is also lacking experience at the top level. Good move and reckon we'll all regret being worried/nervous again, just like after the Freo game.

Lake needs to remember which club rolled the dice on a very raw key forward prospect with pick 71 and turned him into the defender he became.

I've only ever heard him take potshots at the club since his departure. Says alot about his character IMO. Hope he enjoys the 3 flags, and he no doubt will, but he took the easy road joining a team of superstars. Congrats to him.

I would have preferred to bring in Hamling since he's a tall body but doesn't rob us of any run. Still, MC have been on top of things for the most part so happy to back them in.
I think they want to play the guys that in form, regardless. If you want structure you pick Roberts and Hamling, but perhaps their form is not good enough. Roberts certainly has no form, Hamling has been ok but had a small set back that let Adams in and he's been solid. Biggs was excellent. So yes we are small, but those picked are playing well and as a team.

I think its fair to say with our gamestyle I am happier to go in undersized rather than too tall.

Just thinking about it I am happy to have Wood play a real unaccountable role on McCartin. McCartin kicked that bag against a bunch of witches hats on the weekend. Let's see how McCartin handles Wood peeling off and starting attacking forays.
With the way modern zones work McCartin wouldn't have to run with Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back