Prediction Round 2 ins and outs vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really can't underestimate the great tactician that is Alan Richardson.
i just hope we don't go into the game with the same mind set we sometimes do against the lower tier teams and lose a game we have no business losing.
We have to win these games if we want to have top 8 aspirations.

I also feel he will try and catch us off guard by having 3 talls for most of the game with bringing in Mccartin and having Riewoldt predominantly forward.

Quite a bit of disrespect for Billings in this thread which is strange considering his performance against you guys in game 1 last year (he was injured in game 2).

As a junior he played mainly as a high half forward however was always touted as a future midfielder. Unfortunately he had his fair share of injuries minimising his potential to play more midfield time.

Even as a high half forward in the early period of his AFL career he has still found plenty of ball. He averaged 20 possessions last year & started this year with 22 touches. It's not like he's been a flop in his first 20-30 games of AFL.

Once he builds up his fitness I've got no doubt he plays more midfield minutes & collects more possessions. I wouldn't even mind if he continues to play plenty forward. The most damaging player in the comp IMO plays 50/50 fwd/mid & commenced his career as a 185cm full forward - Robbie Gray. I have no issue if Billings' career pans out like that.

Many seem to compare Billings to Bont & because Billings hasn't started his career in such a bang like Bont he becomes a flop? Breaking down the 2013 draft the only 'obvious' players that seem ahead of Billings are Cripps & Bont....that suggests to me the selection is far from a flop.

GL on the weekend guys.
Im certainly going to back the lads on our board on this one. There was no disrespect shown at all about Billings in this thread. It's pretty obvious he is the Xfactor to watch out for on Saturday night and I'm sure Bevo will put and increased emphasis on stopping him. I'm sure he's watched some film on him over the course of this week to find ways to nullify his performance.
Good luck for the game.

Last edited:

All this resting talk - it's round 2 ffs! If our players need resting, then we should sack our fitness staff immediately. More respect required for St Kilda - it ain't going to be a sunday stroll (to quote a good B grader coach) and if we treat it like that, that talentless mob could beat us.

They're high and mighty about Billings because they see Bont and Cripps doing what they wish Billings could do - but hasn't done. We are just as antsy when people pot Toyd, because he ain't delivering what he's being paid to. I don't cop the whole Billings hasn't been able to deliver because of injury thing - Cripps has oft been crippled, yet he's delivering.

Anyway, I hope we flog the pants off the Captain Collapso and his crusading mob from Saint Kilda. I have always disliked the 'aints, and it beggars belief that they have the temerity to call us dole bludgers when frankston and casey is within their traditional heartland.

The reality is they can't keep up with us if we decide to show up, so I hope bevo gets our brains in the right frame of mind.

I think we should try to catch the Saints off guard by playing a tall forward line.

Campbell Toyd Hamling
Minson Repath Roberts

Stringer in the middle and Roughy rotating between forward and ruck with Minson and Campbell.
If we played that many talls up forward we would be catching ourselves off guard. We would get completely run off our feet from their defense. That would be a horrible decision. 200cm Boyd would be our forward crummer :p

Are most people on here going to buy their tickets at the gate on Saturday night or online? I read somewhere on the saints board it will be a sell out, surely not?? Was planning on just getting GA tickets at the gate before the game

Im certainly going to back the lads on our board on this one. There was no disrespect shown at all about Billings in this thread. It's pretty obvious he is the Xfactor to watch out for on Saturday night and I'm sure Bevo will put and increased emphasis on stopping him. I'm sure he's watched some film on his over the course of this week to find ways to nullify his performance.
Good luck for the game.
Definitely. No disrespect intended from me. Just don't think he's the type to put a side on his back and win a game, and that he's not A-Grade yet, however arbitrarily those grades are assigned.

Doesn't mean he's not going to be very good, or that it was a poor selection - hell, Bontempelli was a gamble at 4. There are plenty of instances where clubs have botched early picks and Billings definitely isn't one of them.

Definitely. No disrespect from me. Just don't think he's the type to put a side on his back and win a game, and that he's not A-Grade yet, however arbitrarily those grades are assigned.

Doesn't mean he's not going to be very good, or that it was a poor selection - hell, Bontempelli was a gamble at 4. There are plenty of instances where clubs have botched early picks and Billings definitely isn't one of them.
I definitely feel that this game (particularly early) will have a finals feel to it. It's blatantly obvious St Kilda are going to come out hard for Roo in his 300th. I think a lot of fans will downplay this one. But for us in particular its a fantastic test to see where we are at. And also see how we respond to being the media darlings of round 1. To say I'm excited would be a slight understatement. Maybe even slightly nervous already.

Are most people on here going to buy their tickets at the gate on Saturday night or online? I read somewhere on the saints board it will be a sell out, surely not?? Was planning on just getting GA tickets at the gate before the game
Won't be a sellout. Will be close though. That post on the saints board was either referring to lvl 1 or is getting confused with the ticketmaster website. GA tickets can still be purchased. I'll probably buy online though but can't imagine a sellout. I reckon 40-45 though

Won't be a sellout. Will be close though. That post on the saints board was either referring to lvl 1 or is getting confused with the ticketmaster website. GA tickets can still be purchased. I'll probably buy online though but can't imagine a sellout. I reckon 40-45 though
Yeah this was my assumption too. Thanks

Wi have already bought mine, why would you want to wait in line at the gate? Should be an absolute cracker, expecting more than a few Dogs there as well. Hopefully this game proves to the AFL that if you give any time a big primetime slot and an occasion they can all pull a crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say he's almost guaranteed to play or at the very least be an emergency.

There's no reason to upgrade a rookie unless they're going to play because it removes the flexibility say if another rookie has a breakout game.

What that says to me is that we're resting at least one older bloke (6 day break) but we don't want to lose any experience in the team.

We have enough room to upgrade another one and then get another one after round 11 so thats not a problem. For some reason I seem to think every time we upgraded someone last year they didnt play that week but then play the week after.

Either way I dont mind it, adds a bit of experience which will need in a game like this because saints will come at us hard and we'll have to see them off at some point. Also he will absolutely give 100% once given an opportunity, he's got a point to prove and wont let this slip.

Straight swap for Dunkley makes sense to me.

I'd say he's almost guaranteed to play or at the very least be an emergency.

There's no reason to upgrade a rookie unless they're going to play because it removes the flexibility say if another rookie has a breakout game.

What that says to me is that we're resting at least one older bloke (6 day break) but we don't want to lose any experience in the team.
Smoke and mirrors perhaps? Or a genuine chance to play? If anything we'd bring Hamling in IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back