Prediction Round 2 ins and outs vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a bit of disrespect for Billings in this thread which is strange considering his performance against you guys in game 1 last year (he was injured in game 2).

As a junior he played mainly as a high half forward however was always touted as a future midfielder. Unfortunately he had his fair share of injuries minimising his potential to play more midfield time.

Even as a high half forward in the early period of his AFL career he has still found plenty of ball. He averaged 20 possessions last year & started this year with 22 touches. It's not like he's been a flop in his first 20-30 games of AFL.

Once he builds up his fitness I've got no doubt he plays more midfield minutes & collects more possessions. I wouldn't even mind if he continues to play plenty forward. The most damaging player in the comp IMO plays 50/50 fwd/mid & commenced his career as a 185cm full forward - Robbie Gray. I have no issue if Billings' career pans out like that.

Many seem to compare Billings to Bont & because Billings hasn't started his career in such a bang like Bont he becomes a flop? Breaking down the 2013 draft the only 'obvious' players that seem ahead of Billings are Cripps & Bont....that suggests to me the selection is far from a flop.

GL on the weekend guys.

Quite a bit of disrespect for Billings in this thread which is strange considering his performance against you guys in game 1 last year (he was injured in game 2).

As a junior he played mainly as a high half forward however was always touted as a future midfielder. Unfortunately he had his fair share of injuries minimising his potential to play more midfield time.

Even as a high half forward in the early period of his AFL career he has still found plenty of ball. He averaged 20 possessions last year & started this year with 22 touches. It's not like he's been a flop in his first 20-30 games of AFL.

Once he builds up his fitness I've got no doubt he plays more midfield minutes & collects more possessions. I wouldn't even mind if he continues to play plenty forward. The most damaging player in the comp IMO plays 50/50 fwd/mid & commenced his career as a 185cm full forward - Robbie Gray. I have no issue if Billings' career pans out like that.

Many seem to compare Billings to Bont & because Billings hasn't started his career in such a bang like Bont he becomes a flop? Breaking down the 2013 draft the only 'obvious' players that seem ahead of Billings are Cripps & Bont....that suggests to me the selection is far from a flop.

GL on the weekend guys.
Don't let it get to you, the kids a jet and will only get better as his body matures...... As you've pointed out he's already shown he can swing a game off his own boot.

GL on the weekend guys.

Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't equate to disrespect. Under rated sure but not disrespectful. Get that chip off your shoulder old mate.

I think the Saints are a reasonable chance to beat us. They seem to play well against us for whatever reason. I do think we are a better side at the moment though.

The bigfooty rivalry seems mainly started by a few of the same faces bickering back and forth on the main board. There's a few clubs that were cellar dwellers around the same time as us that tend to dislike us.

They do have a lot of Tom Boyd haters though. I think that's mainly from getting a number 1 pick key position forward through the draft. Seems like they forget their own club wanted Boyd pretty badly too.

I think the Saints are a reasonable chance to beat us. They seem to play well against us for whatever reason. I do think we are a better side at the moment though.

The bigfooty rivalry seems mainly started by a few of the same faces bickering back and forth on the main board. There's a few clubs that were cellar dwellers around the same time as us that tend to dislike us.

They do have a lot of Tom Boyd haters though. I think that's mainly from getting a number 1 pick key position forward through the draft. Seems like they forget their own club wanted Boyd pretty badly too.

Same as how Bontempelli turning out good turned into "Essendon had a god given right to Bont but the mean Bulldogs refused to trade pick 4 for Crameri"

If we bring the pressure and tackling like last week for whole of the game it will be a trouncing. If we have quarters like the second and third where the scoring was abysmal without the pressure, then we might be in trouble. Can't see us playing without any less intensity to last week in round 2. Also ports defence was pretty ordinary, that much space and pretty much for the whole game saints had a free man, sometimes two 30 metres clear towards the goal as an easy target, they won't get that against the dogs.

If we bring the pressure and tackling like last week for whole of the game it will be a trouncing. If we have quarters like the second and third where the scoring was abysmal without the pressure, then we might be in trouble. Can't see us playing without any less intensity to last week in round 2. Also ports defence was pretty ordinary, that much space and pretty much for the whole game saints had a free man, sometimes two 30 metres clear towards the goal as an easy target, they won't get that against the dogs.
I can't see port making the 8 this year. St kilda played ok, but still got rolled by 5 goals by an average team imo. We'll win.

You don't see port making the 8? I've got them about 4th or 5th, how come you don't rate them ?

Don't think they'll make the 8 either, FWIW.

For me, they're behind (in no particular order) us, Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, Fremantle, North, Richmond and possibly GWS and Collingwood.

But back on topic - if Dickson isn't fit, I'd like to see us go in unchanged. Play Morris on Riewoldt, Adams on McCartin (if he plays) and Wood on Bruce.

Don't think they'll make the 8 either, FWIW.

For me, they're behind (in no particular order) us, Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, Fremantle, North, Richmond and possibly GWS and Collingwood.

But back on topic - if Dickson isn't fit, I'd like to see us go in unchanged. Play Morris on Riewoldt, Adams on McCartin (if he plays) and Wood on Bruce.
With our rebound, they'd be bold to play Riewoldt, Bruce and McCartin in the one forward line. We've got a vastly superior midfield so they'll get little supply and if they get rushed entries, we'll just run away from them. Recipe for disaster IMO.

If Port don't make the 8 this year with the fixture they've been handed, Hinkley will get the flick. FWIW, i'm not convinced on them either but i also realise it's only rd 1. On topic, not concerned about this week in the slightest. Dogs by 5+ goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our rebound, they'd be bold to play Riewoldt, Bruce and McCartin in the one forward line. We've got a vastly superior midfield so they'll get little supply and if they get rushed entries, we'll just run away from them. Recipe for disaster IMO.
Agree, but Riewoldt on the wing and Paddy/Bruce up fwd MAY soften the effect of too many talls. Roo's tank is that of a mid anyway.

daz no offense or anything mate but you seem absolutely miserable, every single week here, and the main board. Its just back handed compliment after back handed compliment

edit: not in regards to this post, just the rest of em.

Quite a bit of disrespect for Billings in this thread which is strange considering his performance against you guys in game 1 last year (he was injured in game 2)

His name only came up as we were discussing your list and the comment was made that you don't have any truly elite players. Who would be your best chance for AA this year?

The name that came to mind around here was Billings, which is a compliment to him

daz no offense or anything mate but you seem absolutely miserable, every single week here, and the main board. Its just back handed compliment after back handed compliment

edit: not in regards to this post, just the rest of em.
That's classic Bulldogs supporter behaviour.
I'm guessing Daz is either in his early to mid 30s or 40s (may be a bit younger). You start out as an optimistic tween expecting to win every week because you don't yet know better. Then you spend your twenties waiting around for a premiership and expecting to at least win a prelim final. When that doesn't happen you look back at your misspent youth sad and bitter, unwilling to even believe we have a chance against a team almost guaranteed to be bottom four.
Well that's how it is for me.

That's classic Bulldogs supporter behaviour.
I'm guessing Daz is either in his early to mid 30s or 40s (may be a bit younger). You start out as an optimistic tween expecting to win every week because you don't yet know better. Then you spend your twenties waiting around for a premiership and expecting to at least win a prelim final. When that doesn't happen you look back at your misspent youth sad and bitter, unwilling to even believe we have a chance against a team almost guaranteed to be bottom four.
Well that's how it is for me.

Imagine what it's like to be in your 60s

If the Saints play Roo on the Wing, I'd like to see Bont go head to head with him. Would be great to watch.

I'd bring in Collins to play on McCartin and Adams to go to Bruce.

Not sure who to take out of last weeks team, anyone that isn't 100% due to soreness or other.

You don't see port making the 8? I've got them about 4th or 5th, how come you don't rate them ?
Nah, don't rate them. Gray, wingard and wines are elite, but they don't bat deep enough, don't defend well enough and are mentally fragile.

They got the jump on the comp in 2014 fitness wise, but that window closed and I see them in that 9-12 range this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back