Prediction Round 2 ins and outs vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obviously not Joop, but after a really impressive start to his first year (including a 29 possie (15 contested), 2 goal, 7 clearance, 2 Brownlow vote game, against West Coast in Perth, in just his 3rd game) he injured his shoulder pretty badly about 10 or so games into that season and it required a reconstruction, but he toughed it out for several more weeks, before they finally pulled the pin on his year and gave him the reco, ending his season early.

It was reported recently that he then had a lot of ongoing issues with his reconstructed shoulder throughout last season and it seemed to clearly affect his form and then his confidence and he really only played to what I consider his best for about half of one game for the whole year. We also obviously tried to protect the shoulder, as he didn't spend anywhere near as much time in the guts (by far his best position) as he otherwise would have been expected to- especially after Lenny's retirement opened up a spot.

So now it's probably just a matter of him getting his confidence and form back, with his shoulder supposedly now OK again. Had 6 clearances and 9 tackles on the weekend, but just 10 possessions, so he's clearly still got a ways to go and only time will tell if he gets back to his best, pre-shoulder form and then surpasses it.

He's now almost certainly been passed by Seb Ross in the pecking order in the guts though and Sam Gilbert is another who is playing consistently good footy in there, and looks very likely to benefit from having done a preseason for the first time in about 3 years. There looks to be a lot more competition for spots in there than there was last year, when Armo and Steven in particular carried a huge load, so Luke will have to fight for a spot. Blake Acres would be breathing down his neck as well and was super-stiff to be dropped this week.

All the best on the weekend. Hope it's a cracker of a game in front of a packed house, with no injuries. The atmosphere at Etihad when it's chockers and the roof is on can be amazing!
Thanks for the info Aussie! Hope to see him at his best this week.

Also, can't remember the last time I went to a doggies game chockers at Etihad! Can't wait for it !

What the hell is Bev doing! Ridiculous selection!*

*saying this so I can say I'll never doubt you again Bev on Saturday night, before repeating my bewilderment next Thursday.

Remember 'Cordy-gate' commencing about this time last year? :eek:

Yeah perhaps if wasn't for clubs like us, he may not have got his opportunity. He was resonisble in part for that loss, his stupidity on that night and on other occasions was mind boggling. He has no class. A great player no doubt....but otherwise, happy for him to align himself with the Hawks, he's a front runner.

Yep and he didn't mind holding us over a barrel over his contract all year, when we were challenging. Hawthorn being a"better run club" simply dictated the terms of his contract and delisted him when a better player came along.

hmmm doesn't excuse Reiwoldt for me but pretty dumb by Lake and not great that he wouldn't want his kids to play for us

I totally get his response but let's face it he is unlikely to be remembered as a Hawthorn "great" and very likely to be remembered as one of the best full backs WBFC ever saw. Let the dust settle and see where he gets to. Look at Nathan Brown. Some on here still hate him but he remembers his dogs days with great fondness now and age mellows all things. Maybe it'll bring Lake some wisdom in 10-20 years :)

Anyway his kids can't go to Hawthorn under the F/S rule. Only to the WB or the draft.

Unless of course they change the rules ... but they wouldn't do that, would they?

I totally get his response but let's face it he is unlikely to be remembered as a Hawthorn "great" and very likely to be remembered as one of the best full backs WBFC ever saw. Let the dust settle and see where he gets to. Look at Nathan Brown. Some on here still hate him but he remembers his dogs days with great fondness now and age mellows all things. Maybe it'll bring Lake some wisdom in 10-20 years :)

Woah. His winning the Norm Smith medal will be remembered much longer than his exploits for the Dogs ever will be.

Woah. His winning the Norm Smith medal will be remembered much longer than his exploits for the Dogs ever will be.

Do you think? Maybe for Lake. I would think the likes of Dunstall, Dippa, Brereton etc etc etc etc will far overshadow Lakes contribution. Good luck to him on his norm smith and his medallion. I just think the hawthorn faithful ? (Is that a term) have been blessed with so much for so long his contribution there will be shadows and dust long before what he gave us. Even though he got to the pinnacle over there. I could be wrong - just my take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember 'Cordy-gate' commencing about this time last year? :eek:
Yes good point. Bloody Bev not picking Ayce** is a disgrace! What is going on?*

* I will no doubt have to apologise to Bev on Saturday night and I will promise to never question his wisdom again. Well until the following Thursday.

** When you look back it's pretty impressive the games we won at the start of the year with Ayce in the team.

Mccartin's a handy in he might take the odd mark but his opponents carving him up the other way will more than make up for it. I don't understand why you would bring in another tall unless they're mobile, the backline's setup to handle the long slow bombs.

Honestly didn't expect 0 changes. Expected maybe 1 or 2. But happy to see Bev sticking with the same side and backing them in. Saints match up really well against us, we need to go in with the same mentality we had against Fremantle.

Anyway his kids can't go to Hawthorn under the F/S rule. Only to the WB or the draft.

Unless of course they change the rules ... but they wouldn't do that, would they?
:eek:

Well I have already had that long discussion! Feel free to not read this thread and then complain about what's written on the thread. Hence why I said Bollocks!

I read the thread long enough to come across your ridiculous suggestion to drop Wallis for Cordy. Wallis is a proven midfielder and top 10 B&F finisher, and you want to drop him after one average game for an inexperienced defender. Your suggestion is even more farcical considering you could have made the case for Hamling to come in instead.

The MC went no change, and Hamling is an emergency. No sight of Cordy. I'm happy to side with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back