Prediction Matty Knights to coach Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm an advocate of people at their second go. They learn so much from mistakes they make,things they didn't control as much as they could've,there is so much advantage of having been there before, Knights had probably the toughest schooling there is.
Even Dimma himself would be a much better coach of he ended up coaching elsewhere. He's relinquished far more control of things than I bet he wishes he did and it's been to his detriment.
Even Mark Neeld would. He will never get another go but I bet he'd do things way differently if he did.
Never underestimate a second crack.

Yep sometimes ..but it isn't working out to well for Eade...so I guess it comes down to the individuals ability to learn

Yep sometimes ..but it isn't working out to well for Eade...so I guess it comes down to the individuals ability to learn
Eade is not a gen Y coach. He's too hard on players and it rattles their confidence. GC were trending upwards til he arrived.

I think Choco would have similar issues if he was coaching again

No thanks.
Stewart Dew would be my number one choice.
Need someone from a strong culture who knows a thing or two about tough, accountable football.
Dimma will be gone end of season due to the fact that we are absolutely pathetic.

Isn't that the one thing Dimma was supposed to bring to our club at minimum? :pensive:

As for the strong culture part... He went from Essendon when they were the best in the comp to Port when they were the best...to assistant coaching Hawthorn who are the best....:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

What the hell has gone wrong!! :weary:

I'm an advocate of people at their second go. They learn so much from mistakes they make,things they didn't control as much as they could've,there is so much advantage of having been there before, Knights had probably the toughest schooling there is.
Even Dimma himself would be a much better coach of he ended up coaching elsewhere. He's relinquished far more control of things than I bet he wishes he did and it's been to his detriment.
Even Mark Neeld would. He will never get another go but I bet he'd do things way differently if he did.

Doubt it.

mark_neeld_melbourne_demons_coach_400_18p0t38-18p0t5k.jpg

Matthew Nicks, Stewie Dew, Matthew Knights, Brett Montgomery, John Blakey, Robert Harvey, Simon Llyod plus a few more.

Plenty of options in the assistants world.

But they are all untried apart from that failure Knights , what would an untried coach bring to the table

But they are all untried apart from that failure Knights , what would an untried coach bring to the table

Hence why I want Knights who despite what some are saying, wasn't a failure.

But each bring different varied experiences. Dew, Nicks and Montgomery for me have the best reputation amongst people in football.

He uh... He played under coaches and watches a lot of footy. Plus he always knows which way the wind is blowing. Even indoors! Could definitely help in coin tossing.

he can teach them how to use grass to see which way the wind is blowing... Not bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why I want Knights who despite what some are saying, wasn't a failure.

But each bring different varied experiences. Dew, Nicks and Montgomery for me have the best reputation amongst people in football.
There is another one Bob. Very well recommended in the industry. Adam Kingsley

Nothing more than our 7yr failed campaigner surely no new coach will ever break his non final winnig record for number of games coached . Peg and Ben will need to replace the statue of captain blood with DH in honour of his 9 yr reign of Stabilis Mediocrate

To be honest I think Eade inherited a complete basket case.

What coaching experience does he have?
Goal kicking. Apparently since he's been helping out Daniher his kicking got worse. Sounds like the type of candidate the current clowns would chase . FFS Mathew Lloyd some blokes on here want me to continually bag RFC coaches and assistants. If that twit gets anywhere near our gates I'm out until he's moved on.

And Malthouse, Sheedy as joint directors of coaching. KB as head of sports psychology. Maybe get Richo to strap on the boots again or at least be the boot strapper. And then maybe get Newy back with that Hawks IP as development coach. Campbell back as GM of football now he has extensive experience - just look at how GWS are going since he joined. Wow what an outfit we could have.

Bondy has done a great job at Freo mate

Can't understand this aversion to giving coaches a 2nd chance in this country?

Nobody here would have hired Claudio Raneri who just took a team that avoided relegation to an EPL title. That's meant to be impossible as only the big 4 can win. The year before he was failing in Greece and had failed at Chelski when the Russian first took over.

You're always learning and improving and making a mistake means you actually learn faster.

Nobody here would have hired Claudio Raneri who just took a team that avoided relegation to an EPL title. That's meant to be impossible as only the big 4 can win. The year before he was failing in Greece and had failed at Chelski when the Russian first took over.

You're always learning and improving and making a mistake means you actually learn faster.

You only need ask anyone associated with the VFL how highly Gary Ayres is rated by all, yet his papers are stamped.
May have lost his way a little at the end of his time at the Crows, but obviously learned from it and coaches a very successful, non-aligned VFL team that has won premierships.
An amazing teacher and definitely worthy of a second crack be it as a coach or assistant.
Problem is AFL clubs are always trying to think three steps ahead rather than at anytime looking back.
I;m sure Knighta is far more ready for a senior role at AFL level than he was back when.

Isn't that the one thing Dimma was supposed to bring to our club at minimum? :pensive:

As for the strong culture part... He went from Essendon when they were the best in the comp to Port when they were the best...to assistant coaching Hawthorn who are the best....:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

What the hell has gone wrong!! :weary:

I'm not a fan of Hardwick's match-day coaching or his selections, but I don't think it can be questioned his impact on culture.
I will always be grateful for what he did in turning us around. Three straight finals series from where we came from and a pair of 15-16 win seasons are nothing to be sneezed at.
His failure has been being able to capitalise and lift the team to another level (for various reasons that get discussed on Big Footy each day) and also a failure to comprehend what was going on elsewhere in that teams like the Dogs, GWS, Dees and Saints were improving at a rate of knots.
It may not appears so when you are 1-6, but the place is a whole lot better than it was six years ago and the list is better, albeit it needs a tonne of work.
His inability to develop players is what has cruelled Hardwick.

Last edited:

I wouldn't exactly say he failed at Chelsea , but didn't win the epl

To be honest I think Eade inherited a complete basket case.

Yes funny how gold coast recruited a very gold coast side ...flashy and outside to a large degree
The contrasts between how they have gone about it and GWS in terms of style,coaching,personal ..even down to the senior mentors Blight / Sheedy will be a subject of debate and comparison for a long time to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back