Who still plays retro games?

Do you still play retro games?

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a Nintendo 64 with Mario 64, Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64.

I also have a GameGear (sadly doesn't work), a SNES (no games, impulse ebay purchase after regretting selling mine many years before), XBOX, Wii, Wii U and PS3 - but none of those are as cool as the 64.

Wow.... A lot of new people to gaming here. I'm a young guy but I have a fair few older systems sitting around. NES, SNES, Megadrive, Commodore64, Atari 2600. There is no way a PSOne or N64 can be considered retro just yet :p

Am loving the retro revival on PC atm, get the gameplay mechanics right and give me an appropriate resolution and I could honestly care less about the graphical fidelity. Case in point, Volgarr the Viking, great little gem recently released.

I'm hoping to build a cabinet one day soon, when my expendable income allows it. Anyone here built one?

I've just started building my first cab although not full size as I don't really have the room (code for the missus won't allow it :p)

It's a Bartop Arcade, It'll be run off MAME so it can play any game but will be using a Ninja Turtles Marquee, CPO and sideart I'll try to post photo's as I go along of the build, woodworking is not my strong point :confused:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381985935941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381985935941.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 154
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381985962307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381985962307.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 152
Yes! As I was sick of android games and in app purchases and whatnot, I recently loaded my phone with emulators to play some of the beloved gamees from my childhood. PS1, SNES, GBA, DS and N64, though I use a PS3 controller as I just couldn't handle the virtual touchscreen controls. It is perfect for ps1 games and works very well for the other emulators too.

Yes! As I was sick of android games and in app purchases and whatnot, I recently loaded my phone with emulators to play some of the beloved gamees from my childhood. PS1, SNES, GBA, DS and N64, though I use a PS3 controller as I just couldn't handle the virtual touchscreen controls. It is perfect for ps1 games and works very well for the other emulators too.

Wait

You can use a console controller with a phone?

c6e184c37df932d599fc1db174c7c7b2c8caf5400bc6b13d6865c1393f7b3122.jpg

I do love my SNES
But I'd like to play some old PC games
I can't figure out how to play them on current PCs
Sometimes I do, but there will be no sound
Sometime there is sound but just a black screen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love my SNES
But I'd like to play some old PC games
I can't figure out how to play them on current PCs
Sometimes I do, but there will be no sound
Sometime there is sound but just a black screen

Depends how old. Dosbox is brilliant for anything DOS or early Windows.

I used to have the absolute best N64 collection - had four controllers and tons of games - Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing. Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, OOT/Majora's Mask, Super MArio 64, paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day... tons more that I can't remember either.

I leant it to a mate and five months later lost contact with him and we never spoke again. :( I think I miss the games more than the mate....

I used to have the absolute best N64 collection - had four controllers and tons of games - Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing. Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, OOT/Majora's Mask, Super MArio 64, paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day... tons more that I can't remember either.

I leant it to a mate and five months later lost contact with him and we never spoke again. :( I think I miss the games more than the mate....
how long ago was that? Conkers is super hard to find, I'd probably never lend it out

I got turtles in time(SNES) for $10 once because they weren't able to test it, so I took a small risk that it'd work

I only have 15 N64 games, feels tiny in comparison to my 100+ PS2 games

I have most of the good 64 games except for Zelda. Got three N64's, my original and a couple of coloured ones i've collected. Have a snes as well. I don't really use the original hardware unless i really want to get the nostalgia feel. Mostly run the n64 through the emulator now which is good because i run them with High res texture packs, although original textures are fine too because the emulator up scales. Got the controller to usb so i can use the original controller and run my pc through the tv so i can play them on the big screen.

Commonly play smash bros the most. then from time to time i do some runs in Banjo Kazooie or super mario 64 (just not donkey kong 64, it's a nightmare!). Anyway i still do play them, however the other benefits of the emulator (other than cheats) is you can play custom games. For example lots of people have made complete remakes of super mario 64 which are very good, some are like a new super mario game filled with levels you've never seen and it really takes me back to the joy of remembering what it was like to touch the original game for the first time as well as offer a challenge. Not retro though i guess

Back