Unofficial Preview Changes for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus.

Get the second most injury prone bloke on the ground, with a shitty tank and play him in the ****ing ruck.

Nice one Simmo. FFS :mad::drunk:

Could be the master stroke of the year. We have four other KP options down back with EMac sitting out.

We play McGovern as a forward / ruck and get his skills and goal scoring ability closer to goal.

Jesus.

Get the second most injury prone bloke on the ground, with a shitty tank and play him in the ****ing ruck.

Nice one Simmo. FFS :mad::drunk:
McGovern doesn't need a big tank or ruck experience. He will intercept tap and out manoeuvre his lumbering opponents around the ground whilst laughing in his head at them.

Nelson as the (semi) tagger could suit him well.
I don't know who it was but a little while back someone likened Nelson to Guthrie which was quite a good comparison (albeit Nelson isn't close to that level yet)

Guthrie began as a tagged type so Nelson playing as a defensive mid is a good idea

Pleased to see Nelson and Brown back into the 22, McGinnity will add some roughness around the contest which will be good and Lycett in was expected. Surprised to see them only take one recognised ruck and drop Giles but.

As for Redden, I know he hasn't had the impact we hoped and that I've been one of his strongest supporters and backers so there's some bias attached but how in the world does Jetta get saved when Redden is omitted? It's not just about offensive pressure and ball winning with Jack, need to consider what he brings with defesnive pressure and ability hit the scoreboard compared to what Jetta has done. #selectionlogic

We are better with brown in the team

I'm happy Jetta gets a few games

Good time to rest Duggan as he's young ........I like Gov playing forward also as this will create some match up headaches with darling, gov and jk

Ginners ....show us what you got ......if you get 28 touches and two goals you may play next week

All good form me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least McGinnity shows a bit of aggression unlike others.
People don't like the decision of him playing and can't wait for Sheed to come back because he'll make a difference.
Sheed is a good player for us, and could be a future captain, but his disposal efficiency is similar to McGinnity's who everyone bags.
Sheed 63.6% 1.9 avg clangers
McGinnity 69%. 2.8avg clangers
Sheed 68.8% 2.2 clangers
McGinnity 66.7% 1.6avg clangers

Leave it for you guys to argue now.

Am I the only one that likes all four of the ins and all four of the outs? Brown is fine given our lack of Mackenzie, Lycett is obvious, Nelson deserves a run and McGinnity certainly won't put in a lazy effort.

Would prefer Josh Hill in that side but he's ill, and the other three omissions are self-explanatory.

People don't like the decision of him playing and can't wait for Sheed to come back because he'll make a difference.
Sheed is a good player for us, and could be a future captain, but his disposal efficiency is similar to McGinnity's who everyone bags.
Sheed 68.8% 2.2 clangers

Last year McGinnity averaged 7 disposals a game. That is all.

Pleased to see Nelson and Brown back into the 22, McGinnity will add some roughness around the contest which will be good and Lycett in was expected. Surprised to see them only take one recognised ruck and drop Giles but.

As for Redden, I know he hasn't had the impact we hoped and that I've been one of his strongest supporters and backers so there's some bias attached but how in the world does Jetta get saved when Redden is omitted? It's not just about offensive pressure and ball winning with Jack, need to consider what he brings with defesnive pressure and ability hit the scoreboard compared to what Jetta has done. #selectionlogic
When you think about it Brown - Nelson - McGinnity - are all hard at it hard nut player's just what we need at the moment.. McGinnity can step aside for skill later when we get a bit of hard edged football back ....

When you think about it Brown - Nelson - McGinnity - are all hard at it hard nut player's just what we need at the moment.. McGinnity can step aside for skill later when we get a bit of hard edged football back ....

I,agree ...lets se of we say that after this weeks game

I'm happy for him to get a game

Just curios but does anyone think eMac might request a trade if he doesn't get many more games ......just curious

What we need now is a player as tough and has a heart as big as mcginnity but also has the class and x factor of jetta.

Last edited:
Just curios but does anyone think eMac might request a trade if he doesn't get many more games ......just curious

Don't think Ezy would ask for a trade, nor would there be a line up of clubs wanting his signature either.

His confidence is shot, the club sees that, his opponents see that and I think he knows it himself that's he's struggling for form to. Hasn't adapted to the defensive structure that worked well for the club in 2015 without 2 of our KPD's.

If your asking about what KPD is most likely to leave the club at season end my fear is it'll be Mitch Brown exercising his rights as a Free Agent.

Right now I'd say he offers more trade currency and there'd be more enquirers on Mitch than Eric

Sheed 68.8% 2.2 clangers

I don't think these two are going to cause any arguments.

Sheed 68.8% 2.2 clangers

K mete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back