Preview St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs. Etihad Sat Night 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
stringer dollhouse libba adams all out we must be a huge chance?
They all played when we lost to them earlier in the year, as did Murphy (28 disposals) and McLean, who has also been out injured of late.

That was Paddy's first game of the year and Marcus Adams played on him and gave him a bath (24 disposals, 3 contested marks), while we didn't have Membrey and it's also pretty fair to say that Gresh was a bit out of his depth at that time, in that game making a couple of critical errors, including one that resulted in us missing out on getting a relatively simple goal and ending up being one to them instead.

If most or all of them miss for them it surely gives us a much better chance, although we could also do with having Chips, Paddy and J-Webb. Looks like Libba is a chance to play, perhaps the others not so much.

Will be interesting to see if we elect to bring in Delaney to play on the 200cm Boyd/Roughead, with them also having Redpath, or whether we'll go very undersized again. It helps not needing Dempster to play on Stringer if he misses.

Last edited:
The Dogs have been fairly inconsistent for the past month or so. They did what they needed to do against the Suns, had a good win against the Swans but also fell across the line against the Tigers & got smashed by the Cats, who we beat the following week.

As already stated, the Dogs have a few key injuries & have dropped a few pegs since Bob was injured.

We've been poor on the road however since the Dogs & Giants losses early in the season we've been a difficult proposition at Etihad. I give us a real chance here.

The Dogs have been fairly inconsistent for the past month or so. They did what they needed to do against the Suns, had a good win against the Swans but also fell across the line against the Tigers & got smashed by the Cats, who we beat the following week.

As already stated, the Dogs have a few key injuries & have dropped a few pegs since Bob was injured.

We've been poor on the road however since the Dogs & Giants losses early in the season we've been a difficult proposition at Etihad. I give us a real chance here.
Interesting perspective. We have a fair few in which has helped with depth such as Clay smith, Boyd coming back in.

Expecting a tight game though

Weller to Wood. Murder, death, kill

Great movie!!!

upload_2016-7-18_18-58-34.jpeg upload_2016-7-18_18-59-18.jpeg
images

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-18_18-59-4.jpeg
    upload_2016-7-18_18-59-4.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
Wright had 22 pressure acts yesterday as well as his 4 tackles and with WB being a quick side and in particular having JJ on half back, I doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Some really good pressure act stats from our young ones in fact, which was really encouraging. 23 was the most anyone had for us and one of them was Sinclair (the result of him getting dropped a couple of times this year I'd suggest!), with Armo being the other one and then on 22 were Wright and Acres (and Seb) and Dunstan on 21. Minch managed to have 16 from just 59% game time, which was also very good.

Also worth noting, we had 42 "critical errors" according to the Age (same as clangers I guess) and Gears and Gilbo only had 2 of our 42 between them (one each).

excuse my ignorance, but what is a pressure act?

I don't get the Minch grumbling this week. He nullified Jones, harassed well. He did a beautiful 50m bullet pass to Members (that sadly he didn't even convert into a score, so it's been missed).
People just look at raw stats and draw conclusions.

Hawks are great because of what they when they don't have the balls.

It's those little things that make the difference.

Like you said, he nullified Jones, which us effectively worth 10 touches to us, or a net gain to us.

Interesting perspective. We have a fair few in which has helped with depth such as Clay smith, Boyd coming back in.

Expecting a tight game though

You guys are favourites & deservedly so. I just don't see another 10 goal gap. I'm not sure what the line is but it should be around 4 goals IMO.

People just look at raw stats and draw conclusions.

Hawks are great because of what they when they don't have the balls.

It's those little things that make the difference.

Like you said, he nullified Jones, which us effectively worth 10 touches to us, or a net gain to us.

I'm confused how he played on jones. Isn't jones a mid and Minch was never in the midfield and only played 59% of the game. He couldn't have played in him to long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are favourites & deservedly so. I just don't see another 10 goal gap. I'm not sure what the line is but it should be around 4 goals IMO.
I don't see a 10 goal gap. 2-4 goals, is what I reckon the difference will be.

It's going to be a pretty good game imo. Hopefully we get a win, which will be needed for the week after when we play Geelong

I'm confused how he played on jones. Isn't jones a mid and Minch was never in the midfield and only played 59% of the game. He couldn't have played in him to long

Jones played down back when we put Hickey at full forward so that Longer could ruck. Except longer was injured and didn't play so Minch nullified him.

What's confusing about that?

Jones played down back when we put Hickey at full forward so that Longer could ruck. Except longer was injured and didn't play so Minch nullified him.

What's confusing about that?

Now I get it. Seriously though I wasn't at the game and only watched it on Tv so I'm serious when I ask how Minch played on jones. Tv is good for close in stuff but shocking for off the ball stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see a 10 goal gap. 2-4 goals, is what I reckon the difference will be.

It's going to be a pretty good game imo. Hopefully we get a win, which will be needed for the week after when we play Geelong

Of the six games we have left, this would be the biggest upset if we won including North.

I would be surprised but happy if we won

Think we should go tall bring in Longer and Pierce

Lets go one better and bring in Holmes too.

Holmes Pierce Longer Hickey Riewoldt Bruce Membrey
Damm beat me to it ;)

We always play better as underdogs! ( pun intended) ;)

Your mob are no chance this week. Our structures are based around the 3 sea shells. Good luck figuring us out
Ah, but we know the password :

"Teddy bear. "

It's on now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back