Preview St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs. Etihad Sat Night 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doggies run off half back killed us last time. Hopefully we get our forward defensive pressure working.

Would probably keep Paddy out for one more week. Will be better suited against North.

Wouldn't mind seeing Wright or DMac spend some time on JJ.

Hopefully Wood gets Membrey or I wouldn't mind Acres matching up on him and keeping him accountable.

Oh FFS, Im supposed to know some reference from a formula Stallone B Grade movie?

Would rather gouge my eyes out than rather watch Stallone or any of his movies ( except for the first First Blood).

Shittest pop reference ever. Typical of a Bulldogs supporter watching such commercial dross and that mowman flog supporting it:rolleyes:
I prefer to think of it as a formula Wesley Snipes B grade gouge your eyes out film.
Gets the prize for most unnecessary nude scene but I'd buy that for a dollar

this will show where we really are at. have we turned the corner or not?

we win here or give a full 4 qtr effort, its shows we've turned the corner. we dont turn up like earlier in the year and it shows we are still a fair way off
This.

Although the two sides will no doubt be different from those that met in Round 2, this is the game in which I can see us getting the clearest view of how we are really tracking in comparison with the teams near or at the summit of the ladder. We were obviously blown off the park in this season's previous encounter, but there are a number of factors that allow us some comfort as supporters that Saturday's performance will be an improvement on what the lads dished up in Roo's 300th.

• We're playing on our home deck. Yes I understand it's the same ground that the Dog's play their best footy, but thank **** we're not somewhere interstate ;).
  • The lads have had the better part of two thirds of a season (minimum) on field together to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses. The 22 that played yesterday showed a clear ability to understand their teammates S & W as was clearly evidenced by the decision making and clean use of the footy for large periods of the game.
  • At a stretch the Dee's rebound game from defensive 50 is a poor mans imitation of when the Dog's are at their best. Hunt and Jones had minimal impact in this regard due to the defensive pressure applied by our Forwards (mainly Wright and Minch from how I saw it live) and Mids. Our boys will surely be aware that the same and more is required from them come Saturday, hopefully they are up for the challenge.
I'm not normally in the business of looking for positives or attempting to provide myself or others with false hope, but as a realist and a fan who has invested emotion, funds and time into this rebuild I am looking forward to another week where we can start to see where the chips truly lie.
FWIW I won't be surprised if we run them close.

'Carn Saints.

This.

Although the two sides will no doubt be different from those that met in Round 2, this is the game in which I can see us getting the clearest view of how we are really tracking in comparison with the teams near or at the summit of the ladder. We were obviously blown off the park in this season's previous encounter, but there are a number of factors that allow us some comfort as supporters that Saturday's performance will be an improvement on what the lads dished up in Roo's 300th.

• We're playing on our home deck. Yes I understand it's the same ground that the Dog's play their best footy, but thank **** we're not somewhere interstate ;).
  • The lads have had the better part of two thirds of a season (minimum) on field together to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses. The 22 that played yesterday showed a clear ability to understand their teammates S & W as was clearly evidenced by the decision making and clean use of the footy for large periods of the game.
  • At a stretch the Dee's rebound game from defensive 50 is a poor mans imitation of when the Dog's are at their best. Hunt and Jones had minimal impact in this regard due to the defensive pressure applied by our Forwards (mainly Wright and Minch from how I saw it live) and Mids. Our boys will surely be aware that the same and more is required from them come Saturday, hopefully they are up for the challenge.
I'm not normally in the business of looking for positives or attempting to provide myself or others with false hope, but as a realist and a fan who has invested emotion, funds and time into this rebuild I am looking forward to another week where we can start to see where the chips truly lie.
FWIW I won't be surprised if we run them close.

'Carn Saints.

That sniff ( albeit it tiny) of finals must surely add a little more of an incentive too.

Last game we were underdogs all game and copping it doggy style for 4 quarters

Yes, but that is history. We have had some confidence inducing wins since then, some whilst not playing anywhere near our best and some where we would have gained confidence by turning momentum back n our favour. We may not win, but I cannot see it being a mauling like last time.

Yes, but that is history. We have had some confidence inducing wins since then, some whilst not playing anywhere near our best and some where we would have gained confidence by turning momentum back n our favour. We may not win, but I cannot see it being a mauling like last time.
Who knows what we will bring we could kick 5 goals for the game or win by 10

Cannot afford to be jumped in the 1st and we need everything to go right.
Considering the job they did on us last time and how they have been playing I'm not holding out much hope - think we're a little behind them in terms of development and pure class.
But we're in with a sneaky chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Lonie, Sav.

Out: Minch, McKenzie.

Similar to Billings and Sinclair surely Lonie has learnt his lesson by now and is set for a string of games towards the end of the season. He's had high possession games and kicked bags every week in the VFL so I think it's time. Minch has been basically invisible the past few weeks barely even cracking double figure possessions.

Sav is an automatic in.

How did we go against gold coast a couple of weeks ago?

How did we go against gold coast a couple of weeks ago?

As I said history... we managed to win after playing badly against the Bombers ( which according to the experts when every other team is playing is what good teams do) but were a vastly improved team with some backbone against the Demons. I also think that the sniff of finals would be a good incentive.
Also playing on a ground we love. Who really knows? it's all conjecture after all...but "them's" my thoughts. :rolleyes:

Richo would love his pressure acts like no other, so he would have been a very happy little Vegemite with the likes of Sinclair, Blacres, Wright, Dunstan, Ross and Minch on the weekend.

No changes ... quickest team we have had all year.
Stringer & Murphy are big outs ...if Hickey plays well really confident we win.

Doesn't seem like there is as much hatred between our fans on bigfooty this time round (not yet anyway) maybe later in the week it will spice up a bit. Have to admit I'm bloody nervous about this one already. We've been shithouse at Etihad the last two games we've played there. Obviously stringer and Dahl are out for us, but the big concern for me is no Adams, thought he would have been an ideal matchup for Membrey.

Also I've been loving the way that Gresham has been playing. He's probably the most improved first year player over the past 4-5 weeks. And Acres and Dunstan played some really good footy on the weekend. I'm also hoping we pay close attention to Steven. We've taken the gamble the last few encounters against superstars by not tagging them and it's backfired. Hopefully Bevo has learned this time round.

Here's to a week of good footy and no injuries. Both teams have heaps to play for. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's not the last time we face off this season.

I prefer to think of it as a formula Wesley Snipes B grade gouge your eyes out film.
Gets the prize for most unnecessary nude scene but I'd buy that for a dollar
Snipes literally gouges out someone's eye in that film. I was going to put the pic up in reply to Joff, but thought it was a touch much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back