Preview Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 25th March, 7:25PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably not a bad idea having Windy as sub, with his early good pre season form, then missing last weeks game, there is a possibility he may go too hard too early. Give him a gallop later on, he can see what’s happening & helps him get back into the game.

Easing Windy in with the vest makes a fair amount of sense, given he hasn’t played a full game for 4 weeks.

He’ll be like a caged tiger and come on and lay 8 tackles in his first 3 minutes.

It's so weird hearing anti-melts about selection.

It's been a while since we had faith in what the coaches are doing eh?

We played a good defensive game last week to beat Freo, whose best forward was a crumber, but this week we will need a bit more attack and a bit more marking in the forward half, as Freo easily marked a lot of stuff that came into our forward half. I think our lack of a strong KPF might find us out, but I hope not. Close game.

We played a good defensive game last week to beat Freo, whose best forward was a crumber, but this week we will need a bit more attack and a bit more marking in the forward half, as Freo easily marked a lot of stuff that came into our forward half. I think our lack of a strong KPF might find us out, but I hope not. Close game.
Dogs aren’t renowned for intercept marking. I having said that we can only really get goals from our small forwards. Really can’t see cordy or caminiti being able to get more than 2 between them.

After last week they must have a few problems , but bringing in Joyce must means they are lacking in defense badly.

Joyce copped it on here but I always rated him. Thought he didn't get many chances. I think he could be a competent 3rd tall defender easily.

Hoping for our closest game with the Dogs since that elimination final in 2020, though we were all over them until the end of that game… have we beaten them since? (Maybe once but I can’t remember), I think it’ll be close on Saturday, with some great match ups around the ground… Bont and Steele, Marshall and English, Wilkie/Howard/Battle on Darcy/JUH/Naughton, Crouch and Libba in the guts etc.

I’m optimistically hoping for a thriller and Saints win, I’m bracingly expecting a close but tough loss, and recent history says a blow out in the Dogs favour… doubt it happens this week though, even with our injuries, on paper should be a cracking game and a clashing of playing styles and coaches

We are going to learn a lot more this week. Our defence is better, their forwards are better. They play on instinct, we play on system. Their mids are elite but our are good at negating. Win this one and belief and respect start coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so weird hearing anti-melts about selection.

It's been a while since we had faith in what the coaches are doing eh?
It will come

We probably have 23 fit AFL standard players to choose from so anyone could pick the side at the moment

I think the fact Peris has been named as emergency shows how depleted our list is right now

Good chance of that. Freo defenders were and are good. Not so convinced about the bullies.
Bullies weakness is how easy they are to score against

Joyce copped it on here but I always rated him. Thought he didn't get many chances. I think he could be a competent 3rd tall defender easily.
Agree with this - Never felt like Ratts rated him - he was unfortunate in that most of the opportunties he got he was on some of the best FF going round eg Cameron- and we saw what Cameron can do to any defence last night. Problem is as that as back up FB unless there is a LTI he wil not get the 5+ run of games in the 22 that he needs to cement a spot .Wish him all the best at the Lions- he backed himself in and unlike many others didn't head back to Ireland when delisted.

Peris on the emerg?

Well theres a big surprise
Reward for effort.

Ross even mentioned him in his presser.

So now it’s about going to the next level consistently and that brings afl games to the table.

It’s good man management

Reward for effort.

So now it’s about going to the next level consistently and that brings afl games to the table.

It’s good man management
100%!

He seems pretty ordinary to me every time he played.

I reckon he was serviceable and never got many chances. Poorly developed IMO. He's got very nice traits, good kick, can mark, good closing speed accountable. He's played seniors only when we have a KPB go down and has never got to run around as a third tall in a less responsible role. I think that there is enough there to work with. He could surprise a few if he gets a run a of games and builds confidence.

One thing no-one seems to be mentioning is that we absolutely strangled Essendon a couple of weeks ago and they were the top scoring side in round one and on top of the ladder. It was against the Hawks who despite what people think looked okay in their practice match -one goal loss to the Pies.

If we can starve the Dogs of time and opportunity we can take them down.

One thing no-one seems to be mentioning is that we absolutely strangled Essendon a couple of weeks ago and they were the top scoring side in round one and on top of the ladder. It was against the Hawks who despite what people think looked okay in their practice match -one goal loss to the Pies.

If we can starve the Dogs of time and opportunity we can take them down.
As good as we were last week.

There were a number of occasions that Freo got on the outside or got clear of congestions and didn’t hurt us/stuffed up.

The dogs thrive in those situations. They also have a key forward that will thrive off 60ish inside 50s.

We need to be better going forward so that they are accountable, not cheating towards goal and we don’t deal with as many repeat 50s etc

Reward for effort.

It’s good man management
He mentioned him in the presser and I note he seemed to have a bit of time for the young fella when he was mic'd up a few weeks ago.

Think the coach may have a bit of a soft spot for little Jack :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back