Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get this stats from? I shop at Broadmeadows Shopping centre once a month and I can tell you that I would be lucky to see a fraction of 42%.

I see more in Coburg the suburb next to where live.

2c79210844c6271fe9dee9387567372a

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/fdc697eec70a6815721c6d338121bfbe

Only 2011 stats so the number is probably far higher now

"I'm sick and tired of Islam-phobia". LOL. You don't know correct grammar and can't spell yet you preach to us on what we should should believe. That's laughable.

You don't seem to have the ability to differentiate between discrimination and intelligence. Intelligence in that it takes a certain understanding of society to acknowledge that a problem exists with a certain demographic in society. There's a big difference between discrimination and recognising when there is a problem.

It's a FACT that a large percentage (compared with any other religion or demographic) of Islamists are extremist in their beliefs. They believe that non-believers are infidels and must be killed. There are also many moderate Islamists who don't necessarily follow extremist views but are sympathetic towards them and support them in the name of Islam.

Look at the list of acts of terrorism over the last decade. 100% have been committed by Muslims. Christians, Hindus and Budhists haven't committed any. What does that tell you? Do you even acknowledge that there is a problem in their society? I bet you don't.

Is that because when it's a Muslim its a terror attack but when it's someone else they say it's different?
How the * does shooting up a school or a black church not constitute terrorism?

Is that because when it's a Muslim its a terror attack but when it's someone else they say it's different?
How the **** does shooting up a school or a black church not constitute terrorism?
Don't you understand the difference? I thought it was obvious. One act is a one-off and isolated incident whilst the other is done in the name of Islam. It's quite simple really.

Where did you get this stats from? I shop at Broadmeadows Shopping centre once a month and I can tell you that I would be lucky to see a fraction of 42%.

I see more in Coburg the suburb next to where live.

http://censusstats.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/religion-in-australia-mapped.html

I think it's understandable that people living in certain areas might feel threatened, remembering that these are usually lower income areas where the locals may not be all that well educated and don't spend their leisure time following the ins and outs of world politics. Every day they hear stories of terror attacks and all kinds of atrocities going on in Muslim countries, then they go down the shops and every 3rd woman is covered head to toe and half of the men look like the psychos on the internet who are cutting people's heads off. They drive home past a school that's been in the local paper a few times for the radical views of their principal. Outside there are more women covered head to toe picking up four kids each. I don't think it's hard to understand the concerns some people have. Even if some of their concerns are irrational, they're not all completely without merit.

I interact with Muslims every day just like anyone else and I think most can integrate (or have already integrated at some point over the last few generations) just as well as most other minority groups. But I think the more religious they are, the less compatible they become. Islam is lagging way behind where we are at as a society. I'd like to see us bringing in more gays and atheists from those parts of the world, rather than adding to our conservative religious numbers.

Last year the Mail reported on told how Birmingham’s Heartlands Hospital had dealt with 1,500 cases of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in just five years.

*For advice and support about FGM you can contact the Muslim Women’s Network via 0121 236 9000 or contact@mwnuk.co.uk.

The National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children also runs a free 24-hour FGM helpline on 0800 028 3550.

Ten places where highest number of new cases of FGM were recorded:

Birmingham 435

Bristol 385

Brent 325

Manchester 310

Southwark 290

Enfield 215

Ealing 175

Lambeth 175

Sheffield 165

Camden 140
Come on now. They don't want facts. These people aren't interested in facts or the safety/welfare of children. They just want to demonise the middle class and right.

Last year the Mail reported on told how Birmingham’s Heartlands Hospital had dealt with 1,500 cases of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in just five years.

*For advice and support about FGM you can contact the Muslim Women’s Network via 0121 236 9000 or contact@mwnuk.co.uk.

The National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children also runs a free 24-hour FGM helpline on 0800 028 3550.

Ten places where highest number of new cases of FGM were recorded:

Birmingham 435

Bristol 385

Brent 325

Manchester 310

Southwark 290

Enfield 215

Ealing 175

Lambeth 175

Sheffield 165

Camden 140

Any data on MGM?

Somehow, they find it in their minds to also demonise Christianity. They sure are ridiculous!

Covering up decades of child molestation doesn't help Christianities cause.

"I'm sick and tired of Islam-phobia". LOL. You don't know correct grammar and can't spell yet you preach to us on what we should should believe. That's laughable.

You don't seem to have the ability to differentiate between discrimination and intelligence. Intelligence in that it takes a certain understanding of society to acknowledge that a problem exists with a certain demographic in society. There's a big difference between discrimination and recognising when there is a problem.

It's a FACT that a large percentage (compared with any other religion or demographic) of Islamists are extremist in their beliefs. They believe that non-believers are infidels and must be killed. There are also many moderate Islamists who don't necessarily follow extremist views but are sympathetic towards them and support them in the name of Islam.

Look at the list of acts of terrorism over the last decade. 100% have been committed by Muslims. Christians, Hindus and Budhists haven't committed any. What does that tell you? Do you even acknowledge that there is a problem in their society? I bet you don't.
Well I am pretty sure your 100% is questionable-today's attack for example, appears to have been an anti-immigration nutter. And I seem to recall the Norwegian attack was from a far right individual. And the British politician a couple of weeks back? So even before research is done, you are incorrect. Then, as already mentioned, there have been an awful lot of mass shootings in America-acts of terror? Yep.
Yep, there are problems but its not helpful to exaggerate or just make incorrect claims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://censusstats.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/religion-in-australia-mapped.html

I think it's understandable that people living in certain areas might feel threatened, remembering that these are usually lower income areas where the locals may not be all that well educated and don't spend their leisure time following the ins and outs of world politics. Every day they hear stories of terror attacks and all kinds of atrocities going on in Muslim countries, then they go down the shops and every 3rd woman is covered head to toe and half of the men look like the psychos on the internet who are cutting people's heads off. They drive home past a school that's been in the local paper a few times for the radical views of their principal. Outside there are more women covered head to toe picking up four kids each. I don't think it's hard to understand the concerns some people have. Even if some of their concerns are irrational, they're not all completely without merit.

I interact with Muslims every day just like anyone else and I think most can integrate (or have already integrated at some point over the last few generations) just as well as most other minority groups. But I think the more religious they are, the less compatible they become. Islam is lagging way behind where we are at as a society. I'd like to see us bringing in more gays and atheists from those parts of the world, rather than adding to our conservative religious numbers.
Strange statistics as if you total all the various religions in that area it is over 145%. That is why I thought that the number 41% was a bit high.
Having lived and shopped in this area since 1978, I don't feel threatened at all.
Sadly bag snatchers with assault, home invasions are of bigger concern.

42% of the residents of Campbellfield/Coolaroo are Islamic
Population:
Area: 18.2
Density: 881 per sq. km
Household income: $787/week
Median age: 33
Born in Australia: 45%
Summary of religions
Christian: 48.27%
Catholic: 30.55%
Anglican: 4.47%
Uniting: 1.18%