List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think jay Schulz worth a look at. Has been told he is no longer required at port. With likely McCarthy,Apeness,tabener the talls prob not something to consider but he can kick straight and could take maynes spot if he gets traded

That ship has sailed now. He has been a good player but at 31 he is too old and injury prone. Better off developing what we have and going younger via trades or the draft imo.

If O'Meara's knees are good and he wants to come back, we have some wriggle room with Gold Coast.
3 and 39 for 9, 21 or 22 or 25 or 28 and O'Meara?

Gets them two picks in the top 5 with their pick 4, and gets us a top ten and the second we're looking for.
So if that happened: in O'Meara, Pick 9 (English/Marshall/Rotham), Pick in the 20's (Logue/Brad Hill/McCarthy)?

I think GC have said they want players rather than draft picks but I like your thinking.

Surely Barlow has value at GC? Maybe DeBoer?
3 way trade where JOM goes to a Melbourne club and picks are thrown our way and perhaps we throw players to GC and upgrade their picks?

Hawks gain JOM
Freo gain Hill
GC get Barlow and DeBoer

Obviously a whole bunch of draft pick movements involved with GC getting the best of the upgrades and Hawks the worst.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't touch JOM, we need players who are durable.

The GCS have already burned us with Bennell- I just don't see him playing the whole season with his calf problems.

3 way trade where JOM goes to a Melbourne club and picks are thrown our way and perhaps we throw players to GC and upgrade their picks?

Hawks gain JOM
Freo gain Hill
GC get Barlow and DeBoer

Obviously a whole bunch of draft pick movements involved with GC getting the best of the upgrades and Hawks the worst.

Thoughts?

Barlow and Mayne maybe. I feel Gold Coast will want a first rounder though, but I can't see a club risking a first rounder on JOM.

Barlow and Mayne maybe. I feel Gold Coast will want a first rounder though, but I can't see a club risking a first rounder on JOM.

First rounder comes from Hawks. Say pick 14. They then give Hawks pick 28 back.

Mayne is a free agent too, so he won't be part of this trade.

I wouldn't touch JOM, we need players who are durable.

The GCS have already burned us with Bennell- I just don't see him playing the whole season with his calf problems.

Have you got some inside info on Bennell's calf

What makes you say that after he has sat out all this year ?

Hawks gain JOM
Freo gain Hill
GC get Barlow and DeBoer

Thoughts?
No chance the above would happen. The trade value of Barlow and De Boer is very minimal. JOM has way more trade value that Hill. Gold Coast will get two first rounders for Jager despite the injuries. He is stills highly promising.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations :$

giphy.gif

Someone is going to pay a fair amount for JOM and it is either going to blow up in their face, or put them straight into premiership mode.

Surely a club like Hawthorn rolls the dice here. He would be the perfect replacement for Mitchell if he came off. If he didn't, well you take your 3 flags and go rebuild a bit. Dunno if they have salary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back