List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know what Cam Ellis-Yolmen's contract status is? He seems like one of those 'sydney swan targets' that just can't break into the senior side and may want more opportunity. He's a big body and would allow Fyfe to roam the forward areas more.
Their board says contracted in 2017.

I'm not sure you could even tell if he gained 15kg on a frame that big but he is a high marking, very tall midfielder that covers the ground well and uses it well (exceptionally well for a guy his height).
believe it or not he is listed @ 86kg. 15 would take him just over 100kg

What we dont need is anymore inside mids, with Fyfe, Neale, Blakey, cameos from Mundy, and even
Barlow if kept.
I expect Neale, Blakey, to explode next year with Fyfe aboard, we need to use that strength to advantage
with more attacking players, and lift our scoring woes, move the ball better from defence/attack.
We may already have these types already with Bennell, Weller, Balic, and if S hill gets his mojo back.
Add McCarthy, B Hill, the only real weakness is Sandi/johnson/Balla replacements.

What we dont need is anymore inside mids, with Fyfe, Neale, Blakey, cameos from Mundy, and even
Barlow if kept.
I expect Neale, Blakey, to explode next year with Fyfe aboard, we need to use that strength to advantage
with more attacking players, and lift our scoring woes, move the ball better from defence/attack.
We may already have these types already with Bennell, Weller, Balic, and if S hill gets his mojo back.
Add McCarthy, B Hill, the only real weakness is Sandi/johnson/Balla replacements.

Nailed it. I am not expecting Johnson to ever return, kind of resigned to the fact he's done. His rebounding out of defence has obviously been sorely missed. I thought the likes of Hughes, Ibbo, Sutcliffe could have maybe stepped up but they haven't Crozier has shown a but down there though maybe if we can get Fyfe and Bennell back on the park we're afforded the luxury of pushing Mundy down back as a pure distributor role. Sandilands, enough said, hard to replace the big guy but our ruck division is pure garbage outside of him.

Seems to be going well amongst the men in the WAFL reserves.
As a ruck, actually he hasn't. And that's my main concern. He's been dominated in hit-outs, as he was a bit in U18s. But around the ground he's still been very good (like a tall midfielder). Currently he's more like a taller Blicavs. Whether he can build the body and strength to compete as as a primary AFL ruck is my question mark. I'm sure he is going to make it as an AFL player, I just don't know what position yet. I'd almost be as confident turning Alex Pearce in to a AFL ruck as I would be with English. English has better disposal, Alex is much better in the contest. But perhaps both are better as KPDs than as rucks.

Goddard has been getting int he 40s and 50s for hit-outs per game in Colts and Reserves, English is more around the 20s and 30s.

I also think his disposal is a bit overrated because we are comparing him to other ruck prospects. In the games I've seen his disposal has been great when he's had the ball and had zero pressure. When he was under pressure though it wasn't great. I like him but I think reaching with pick 3 to get him is possibly a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know what Cam Ellis-Yolmen's contract status is? He seems like one of those 'sydney swan targets' that just can't break into the senior side and may want more opportunity. He's a big body and would allow Fyfe to roam the forward areas more.
I like, although I am not sure we need another inside mid. I think he will have a break out year soon, but with Thompson likely retiring I think Adelaide will have spot in their 22 for him

As a ruck, actually he hasn't. And that's my main concern. He's been dominated in hit-outs, as he was a bit in U18s. But around the ground he's still been very good (like a tall midfielder). Currently he's more like a taller Blicavs. Whether he can build the body and strength to compete as as a primary AFL ruck is my question mark. I'm sure he is going to make it as an AFL player, I just don't know what position yet. I'd almost be as confident turning Alex Pearce in to a AFL ruck as I would be with English. English has better disposal, Alex is much better in the contest. But perhaps both are better as KPDs than as rucks.

Goddard has been getting int he 40s and 50s for hit-outs per game in Colts and Reserves, English is more around the 20s and 30s.

I also think his disposal is a bit overrated because we are comparing him to other ruck prospects. In the games I've seen his disposal has been great when he's had the ball and had zero pressure. When he was under pressure though it wasn't great. I like him but I think reaching with pick 3 to get him is possibly a mistake.

I agree, people need to judge him on the role he will play in the AFL. If he is a tall midfielder than he is a second round pick, if he is a ruck than he is a second round pick and if you judge him a key position, we don't have any data.

For me, he will go between 10-25. Give up pick three for English is madness.

If we want him badly, then better to downgrade our pick. Example Trading picks 3 and 57 for pick 8 and 22. Even then pick 8 is a stretch.

They're going to have to trade for him, no way he's getting there any other way (i.e the draft).

If he is forced to walk, suddenly our PSD pick becomes a lot more valuable. We would only need to outbid Essendon, assuming Brisbane wouldn't take the risk.

We'd actually still have to outbid everyone

Fail, Fail, Success, Forward>ruck, forward>ruck

1/5 not a big success rate, especially if English is picked as a pure ruck. Apeness and Wright definitely selected as forwards

Plus Grundy was pick 18 in a compromised draft, hardly first round

If we did pick English (he does remind me of Cox a bit actually), then I think we'd need to pick up another mature or project ruck somewhere too. Because while he looks AFL quality for sure, I agree i'm not sure if he'll ever be a ruck.

Something like trying to trade in Witts or try to snare Goddard/Ladhams with a late pick if we can bring a few more in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back