Analysis Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

2 Years in, Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret ballot may be an aspect of the constitution of our club. On many boards, if as few as 20% of board members request it then it must be performed in this way.

In the same way, there are probably specific rules around % votes in favour of the motion required in order for it to pass.

Regardless, the vote and outcome has probably occurred by now and I expect that they are discussing the implications of the decision and how to publicly/internally handle it one way or the other.

Just embarrassing that we have Board Members leaking info the the media. It is disgusting.

I'm optimistically hoping that the leak isn't a board member, and maybe just a staffer. Talk about a secret ballot could have been decided on last week or during the lead up to the meeting. Davis saying they're still behind closed doors could just be a "any word?" "Nah they're still in there".

One would hope the people we have in the position of board member of our club would have a little more integrity about them, than resorting to scoring cheap points with vulture journalists.

Stolen from Facebook.
14141987_1443998402293553_2811604836880459883_n.jpg

Leigh Matthews: Justin isn't there something you'd like to say about this season?
Leppitsch: Yes. I'm sorry
Matthews: No, no, no. Justin that won't do you've got to get on your knees and beg for forgiveness
Greg Swann: Yeah Leppitsch. Get on your knees and beg for our forgiveness.
Josh Walker: It's your fault I'm bald
Leppitsch: I'm sorry
Rockliff: It's your fault I'm fat
Greg Swann: It's your fault we're broke
Leppitsch : I'm sorry
Malcolm Turnbull: It's your fault the government has lost its way.
All: It's all your fault

Okay so that's that. Good. If it has to be done, better it's done quickly.

Someone might have already posted it, but this article is an absolute disgrace:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...r/news-story/751854d99c000187747f4b06a3da17b0

So as if he didn’t already have enough to worry about, he also came under fire from an AFL legend for his decision to play Merrett on Riewoldt in the first place. Speaking on Melbourne radio station SEN on Sunday, Former Essendon great Scott Lucas took aim at Leppitsch, saying it was “silly and disrespectful” of him to go ahead with the match-up in the retiring star’s final game.

What the bloody hell was he supposed to do! A gun forward kicks nine goals on you, you try every possible option you have to stop him including - strangely enough - your only experienced key defender.

'Silly and disrespectful'. Indeed, Scott Lucas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...r/news-story/751854d99c000187747f4b06a3da17b0

What the bloody hell was he supposed to do! A gun forward kicks nine goals on you, you try every possible option you have to stop him including - strangely enough - your only experienced key defender.

Leppa plays most experienced defender on most experienced forward. Outrage ensues. Multiple people went to Riewoldt it wasn't just Merrett...Anyway 1 game won't define a great 200 game career.

What does it say?

(Points back to his post on page before :))
Leppa's been appointed Player/Coach for next season to fill Merrett's role...

Or

Brisbane Lions Chairman Bob Sharpless and Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann will speak to media at 1:00pm today.

He's a s**t player manager and a s**t media commentator.

I can hear it now - they will express appreciation for Leppa's significant contribution and announce a thorough, robust and exhaustive process to select the new coach. The no stone unturned may even get an airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back