Mumford Tackle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting one- they were desperate to get rid of the sling tackle/any swinging tackle if arms are pinged. I kind of like the sling within reason. Think that one was too quick and 2 much movement from Tippet before the tackle for Mumford to get any punishment.

If it was H+A season wouldn't of been surprised with a punishment.

Interesting one- they were desperate to get rid of the sling tackle/any swinging tackle if arms are pinged. I kind of like the sling within reason. Think that one was too quick and 2 much movement from Tippet before the tackle for Mumford to get any punishment.

If it was H+A season wouldn't of been surprised with a punishment.
Its funny though isnt it?...Kennedy had about the same amount of movement as Tippet did, yet Tunbridge got 2 weeks....Looking at both tackles, they are similar in some respects. Both players were trying to break the tackle initially, both were slung by an arm, both hit the ground.
I guess the big difference is that Kennedy was knocked out.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2016-08-13/tunbridge-in-trouble-with-sling-tackle

Time to spin the wheel of MRP fortune? Didn't look too bad but it's pretty easy to find footage of Mummy pulling illegal sling tackles.

Nope, big unco Tippet trying vigorously to break out of the tackle. Mumford grabs him around the waist to put him down, an arm gets caught in there. Tippet goes down. Play on, correct call at the time.

Not much different too the Tunbridge tackle interesting too see the outcome of this..

Agree and with Mumford's history of exactly this type of thing - it probably deserves 2 or 3

However... He has mitigating circumstances "out of his control" which is the swans player's legs being taken out from under him !

I'd need to see it again, but apparently his backside hits the ground first as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me it was just a finals tackle. Given the MRP tend to gain a capacity for rational thought in the finals, it will probably be graded incidental contact and thrown out.

However, if they grade it as negligent, it could come down to the Swans medical report whether Mummy plays again this year. As might the Stevie J hit on Kennedy.

Not much different too the Tunbridge tackle interesting too see the outcome of this..
As I wrote above, the only real difference was that one got knocked out, the other bloke didnt. They both had a degree of the player trying to break the tackle before been slung with an arm pinned.
Dont like West Coast (as you'd expect ;)!) but if mummy gets off, I would be a tad annoyed if I was Tunbridge!
If you watch both videos within seconds of each other, the similarities are quite evident..

Jack Trengove got three weeks (would have been two had Melbourne not challenged it) for an almost identical tackle a few years ago on Dangerfield.

Earlier this year Clayton Oliver was offered a $1,000 fine for a sling tackle on Aaron Young that was deemed "low impact". Reports are Tippett has a broken jaw as a result of the tackle, will they say Mumford's tackle is low impact?

Intent was to hurt. The commentry on the incident was embarrassing with ******* Basil trying to claim it wasn't a sling tackle
Everyone knows Mumford tries to hurt people with tackles, he even openly admits it but apparently that isn't punishable. It's got to be a specific type of action liek asling tackle. Not sure about this one but not the usual sling with a lot of lateral throwing, and then whipping the player into the ground with that momentum with a whiplash of head into the ground. Would have to look carefully at the footage and probably won't bother.

Everyone knows Mumford tries to hurt people with tackles, he even openly admits it but apparently that isn't punishable. It's got to be a specific type of action liek asling tackle. Not sure about this one but not the usual sling with a lot of lateral throwing, and then whipping the player into the ground with that momentum with a whiplash of head into the ground. Would have to look carefully at the footage and probably won't bother.
The way Tippets head hits the ground looks nasty. Wouldn't be surprised if his jaw is broken.

Tippett out next week with a fractured jaw. You'd think he has to get at least a week.

It would depend on when he broke his jaw in that tackle or the hit he got in the first quarter. From memory there was footage of him grimacing when putting his mouth guard back in when getting checked out in the rooms after the first hit.

Jack Trengove got three weeks (would have been two had Melbourne not challenged it) for an almost identical tackle a few years ago on Dangerfield.

Earlier this year Clayton Oliver was offered a $1,000 fine for a sling tackle on Aaron Young that was deemed "low impact". Reports are Tippett has a broken jaw as a result of the tackle, will they say Mumford's tackle is low impact?

Just looked this up myself.

Mumfords is worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back