Where is Sam Jacobs at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried about Sauce, we all like him but I fear that even if he gets back to some good form too many other rucks and ruck duos will have gone past him. Not sure how in our team he partners up with somebody to share the load. My concern is that as more go past him we will be going into more and more games without the ruck advantage.

Not 100% I'd pull the trigger but I would certainly be looking very closely at what else is out there and what moves we could make while he still holds quite a bit of value.

I'm worried about Sauce, we all like him but I fear that even if he gets back to some good form too many other rucks and ruck duos will have gone past him. Not sure how in our team he partners up with somebody to share the load. My concern is that as more go past him we will be going into more and more games without the ruck advantage.

Not 100% I'd pull the trigger but I would certainly be looking very closely at what else is out there and what moves we could make while he still holds quite a bit of value.

If Sauce himself is to be believed, unless he plays as a sole ruck every week with a huge workload, he'll actually get worse. Lucky tough questions won't actually be asked of him and he will play every game next year regardless of form. Like Thommo this year, we just have to hope he turns it around because he's locked in for at least next year as a rucking workhorse.

He had to be carrying his ankle injury, last night was a game he will want to forget about pretty quickly. At boundary throw ins he was using both arms to try and hold back Naismith, giving him no arms to tap with, around the ground he was 5 meters behind him and in the middle he was more worried about where Naismith was when he should have just watched the ball and jumped at it. He really let us down, but I still think his problem is constant overuse season after season here.
We need an aggressive ruck that wants to use his body to get best position around the ground and jump at his opponent in the middle. ROB needs to be used more next year.

It's not injury it's a lack of athleticism

He's a lot bigger than Gov but Jenkins could learn from Gov. Love watching Gov he jumps into packs, takes pack marks, clears paths and smashes blokes to the ground as they kick it. It would be great for Jenkins to get some of that mongrel into his game.

JJ doesn't like body contact, never has. Not from the moment he walked through the door

He is what he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Ryder struggles even moreso against the top flight Ruckman.

Yes he is athletic but he is also shorter than the better Rucks. He ain't NickNat.

He is Fools Gold.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Do we overstate the importance of winning taps? Is ruckman more important around the ground these data?

I think young Harry is worth persisting with on list at this stage but he's a fair way off being a consistent SANFL player
He turned a couple of defenders inside out on the way to running goals which I liked and led up well.

I think young Harry is worth persisting with on list at this stage but he's a fair way off being a consistent SANFL player

He turned a couple of defenders inside out on the way to running goals which I liked and led up well.
A 197cm, 19yo KPF. How long did we give McKernan to mature? And he is as soft as butter. Dear has absolute intent at the contest. The rest will come. Needs a few more years atleast before casting any final judgements.

2 games - west coast a must win against a team who the week previous lost their number one ruckman, sydney do or die final against a team whos ruck stocks had been lessened by tippetts injury, both games there to be dominated by Jacobs both games massive fails, he should be traded or delisted

29 Next year... ROB isn't the answer.. he can ruck but his around the ground work isn't going to cut it.
When does Brodie Grundy come out of contract for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back