Gibbs requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could just... walk away?

This is a moot point, you could too.

Thing is, your group were found out in the finals due to a genuine lack of midfield depth. If you don't bring Gibbs in, you will go into 2017 with the same group of mids but a year older and missing Lyon. I cannot see how you will bridge that gap in your list.

This group is ready to challenge but they won't if they don't have all the components needed. If you win a flag in the next two years on the back of securing Gibbs, no-one is going to give two hoots what it cost you to get him, but they will all remember that flag.

Did the Gibbs option come out of left field on the eve of trade week?

If so what about the targets we've spent the best part of a year zeroing in on? What about the Dangerfield money?
Exactly this. Wtf are they doing.
All the mail before gibbs happened was we were into rockliff but cooled on him after that

Thing is, your group were found out in the finals due to a genuine lack of midfield depth.

Isnt that kind of you to point that out.:rolleyes:

Should we point out each and every short comings of the CFC and why they need draft picks to rebuild?;)

So if the value of Gibbs is high only because of his contract, why are the 20 Carlton posters polluting this thread constantly dropping the "premiership window" argument?

I have just made a post about the premiership window as it is IMO, a very salient issue.

What you are failing to acknowledge is that we don't have to trade Gibbs because of this long-term contract so what incentive is your club going to give us to do it ??

There is no way known we will accept unders as we have entered into a five-year deal with the guy. Normally, you have to pay overs to get a contracted player out of his current club.

Thing is, your group were found out in the finals due to a genuine lack of midfield depth. If you don't bring Gibbs in, you will go into 2017 with the same group of mids but a year older and missing Lyon. I cannot see how you will bridge that gap in your list.

This group is ready to challenge but they won't if they don't have all the components needed. If you win a flag in the next two years on the back of securing Gibbs, no-one is going to give two hoots what it cost you to get him, but they will all remember that flag.
your club is dellusional wanting 13 and cameron or mc govern and living in dream land on those trades 13 is plenty for a 28 year old what gets me is you could of had lyons whos stats for the year were nearly identical to gibbs and is only 25 but sos is up with the fairies again

Isnt that kind of you to point that out.:rolleyes:

Should we point out each and every short comings of the CFC and why they need draft picks to rebuild?;)

You can point out whatever you like, I'll enjoy reading it whilst you fritter away your chances of pinching a flag or two.

I honestly can't believe you people are so stubborn in your beliefs here, FMD, if the roles were reversed and we were a chance to win a flag, I'd be all for throwing the kitchen sink at whoever it was we needed to make that happen.

I have just made a post about the premiership window as it is IMO, a very salient issue.

What you are failing to acknowledge is that we don't have to trade Gibbs because of this long-term contract so what incentive is your club going to give us to do it ??

There is no way known we will accept unders as we have entered into a five-year deal with the guy. Normally, you have to pay overs to get a contracted player out of his current club.

The incentive is this: you get a pick for Gibbs, a player who won't be around for your next premiership. That pick could become a premiership player.

If we walk away, Gibbs value decreases and you're stuck with someone who said they wanted out. He finishes his contract and you don't turn him into an early pick or premiership player

You can point out whatever you like, I'll enjoy reading it whilst you fritter away your chances of pinching a flag or two.

I honestly can't believe you people are so stubborn in your beliefs here, FMD, if the roles were reversed and we were a chance to win a flag, I'd be all for throwing the kitchen sink at whoever it was we needed to make that happen.
flag hmmm you may play finals in 5 years

Breaking News: we don't make the decision. You don't need to try and tell us a tall tail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your club is dellusional wanting 13 and cameron or mc govern and living in dream land on those trades 13 is plenty for a 28 year old what gets me is you could of had lyons whos stats for the year were nearly identical to gibbs and is only 25 but sos is up with the fairies again

I would of been quite happy with Lyons & #13 but I'm not employed by Carlton to make those decisions.

Simply put, you need Gibbs in your team more than we need him in ours, he could and should be the difference between finishing 5th/6th or playing off in a GF.

Fair point, but Gibbs isn't worth throwing the kitchen sink at. Maybe a tap, but not the sink.

I'd be disappointed if Adelaide didn't do the mooted 1st Rnd pick this year & next for next years 2nd & Gibbs.

If Adelaide really need to get back in the 1st Round next year they can offer up Laird or Smith. By then Hampton or Doedee should be ready to play the half back role.

Crows need Gibbs now. He is in his prime as are Adelaide.

While I am confident the deal will get done, here is what I would do if I was the decision maker for the AFC

Would do any of these trades for Gibbs

Pick 13 and 2017 2nd round pick for Gibbs

OR

Pick 13 and 2017 1st round pick for Gibbs and Carlton's 2016 2nd round pick (24)

If Carlton would do any of those deals, I am happy to trade Lyons to GC for pick 26.

These deals allows us to get at least 1 pick inside top 25 in this draft (not counting academy players which are not available to us anyway)

By all reports this is a very good and deep draft and I would be happy to lose next years 1st rounder if I get Gibbs and pick 24 and 26. Still bring in some great young talent and a ready made player. Given their track record I am backing in my recruiting team to get 2 player who will play 200+ AFL games for us. Plenty of stars were selected in 20s.

If SOS is still being a SOSage then I am tellihim to go forth and multiply and I turn my attention to getting the Lyons deal done for one of the following

Pick 13 and Lyons for pick 6 OR pick 8

OR

Pick 13, 2017 1st round and Lyons for their earliest pick (4???) and pick 26

If they don't like any of those Lyons for 26 and go to the draft with 13 and 26 then clear up space for a gun FA next year.

Regardless if I am losing 2017 first I am making up for not having it by signing a FA next year.
This has to be how we approach tomorrow, i like it!

The incentive is your team, as it stands, does not win many games. Therefore, keeping the same players and hoping for a better result is not an option. You are best to get some value for Gibbs now otherwise hill wither on the vine and in three years you'll be wishing you had a 22 year old kids who could help get you to your next premiership.

The incentive is this: you get a pick for Gibbs, a player who won't be around for your next premiership. That pick could become a premiership player.

If we walk away, Gibbs value decreases and you're stuck with someone who said they wanted out. He finishes his contract and you don't turn him into an early pick or premiership player

He only said he wanted out because your mob got in his ear and offered a little more $$$ along the way. All that talk about his girlfriend/wife is just a smokescreen.

He signed a 5-year deal because he wanted to be a long-term/one-club player with us.

Having the Crouch boys, Cameron and Laird a year older is potentially a devastating blow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He only said he wanted out because your mob got in his ear and offered a little more $$$ along the way. All that talk about his girlfriend/wife is just a smokescreen.

He signed a 5-year deal because he wanted to be a long-term/one-club player with us.
lol he came to us yup dreaming again is that you sos ?

Surely Carlton know we could trade our firsts this year and next for an early pick that allows us to draft a ready made midfielder.

We aren't going to trade both picks for Gibbs alone

That's true but will you get one of Gibbs calibre though ??

There are B-Grade mids on offer every year but you have enough of them already, you need some silk now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back