Should Dan Richardson be sacked immediately?

Should Dan Richardson be sacked immediately

• Yes - get him the * out of here!!!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • No - he's done well getting Prestia, Caddy, and Nank on board, back the man

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • Not yet - he's on probation with 2017 to prove himself

Votes: 40 24.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait .. so people don't see Pick 6 - For Prestia and Caddy as awesome work by Dan and the team ? We got Prestia and 24 for pick 6... Pick 24 got us Caddy... Two starting 22 midfielders for our round draft pick. Seriously thats how you do it. And likely we traded back into the first round ...

for me, yes

first he blamed the members for aiming to be a mid tier performing club because we lacked the patience for a proper rebuild.

then he presided over a footy department with coaches white anting the senior coach, players fighting with each other, and cliques dragging down any cohesiveness and unity the club had

then we had the issue two of our five best players actively sought to leave the s**t hole, both without his knowledge

now we have 6 for prestia, ty and lids for caddy, and a s**t sandwich in between

how this ****head still has a job is beyond me
if you think we haven't done very very well this trade period then you know very little about the game..

if you think we haven't done very very well this trade period then you know very little about the game..

I think we have done well off geelong being desperate for cap space, hawks manipulating the fa system, and lids changing his mind.

The one trade we spent 12 months planning for was a complete shocker

I think we have done well off geelong being desperate for cap space, hawks manipulating the fa system, and lids changing his mind.

The one trade we spent 12 months planning for was a complete shocker
haha we could land fyfe for pick 20 next year and you would say the only reason we got him was due to him being a tigers fan when he was young... take the blinkers off..

haha we could land fyfe for pick 20 next year and you would say the only reason we got him was due to him being a tigers fan when he was young... take the blinkers off..

So what skill or planning was involved in any of these?

Hawks did the fa deal

Caddy hadnt even talked to us or considered leaving the cats until lids approached the cats, and they offered him up to us

We didnt know lids was in talks with gws and then geelong back in july. The deal with geelong collapsed, and the only reason hes in play with gws is he changed his mind about leaving Melbourne

So again, which one of these was pulled off with great planning and management by our team, as opposed to good luck and opportunity?

One swallow does not make a summer :)
Richardson has fumbled and bumbled his way until this year where we got some good strokes of luck.
Give him some credit, but send him packing and let him think he went out on top!

Lets not forget there are different people around to guide him now ;)

Eggs on faces here.

The people bagging our trade period are the same people who buy shares and cut sick when each one doesn't rise in a straight line.

Would've liked Deledio pick for this year but it does give us a strong hand to trade next year.

Seriously what more can people ask for? Awesome week for us. Typical tigers fans carrying on about Dan. Combined with his contract work he's been fantastic. This period bodes well as Balmeys first year.

Yarran is the curve ball. If he plays this year. Dan starts well ahead

So what skill or planning was involved in any of these?

Hawks did the fa deal

Caddy hadnt even talked to us or considered leaving the cats until lids approached the cats, and they offered him up to us

We didnt know lids was in talks with gws and then geelong back in july. The deal with geelong collapsed, and the only reason hes in play with gws is he changed his mind about leaving Melbourne

So again, which one of these was pulled off with great planning and management by our team, as opposed to good luck and opportunity?

Geelong didn't offer Caddy as part of the Deledio deal.

Haere Ra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong didn't offer Caddy as part of the Deledio deal.

Haere Ra

Not according to caddy earlier today (its the only reason he even had the idea of leaving pop in his head)

Not according to Stephen Wells and Geelong.

Haere Ra

A few of the things wells said conflicted with what caddy said. I think hes running the damage control line pretty hard

At the end of the day its pretty simple. The dude by his own admission is a city slicker and was destined to a life in Geelong and bought a house and when a ray of light was shone in him to become a real city slicker he said
giphy.gif

As much as I respect your posting 74, this thread is an absolute shocker.

Because im not a fanboi? If we didnt have the good fortune of geelong screwing the pooch cap wise, we wouldnt have caddy, and lids would still be at the club if he didnt change his own mind about moving north

We got screwed on the prestia deal, and we had no idea lids was in talks back in july. These are not indicators of awesome list management and negotiation

Because im not a fanboi? If we didnt have the good fortune of geelong screwing the pooch cap wise, we wouldnt have caddy, and lids would still be at the club if he didnt change his own mind about moving north

We got screwed on the prestia deal, and we had no idea lids was in talks back in july. These are not indicators of awesome list management and negotiation
No, because you went too early.
Lots of what ifs in that post.
I prefer to deal with what has actually happened.
It is a shocker of a thread.
Over and out.

Probably is running some damage control, but Wells was negotiating for Geelong, not Caddy.

Haere Ra

I know, and it was the cats who asked him to consider his options when lids was on the table. Jfyi caddy confirmed one rumour which was he actually just bought a house in geelong a month ago, so he had zero interest in leaving the cats.

I suspect wells is hiding behind the technicality that they did not offer him for trade as a stand alone. He is correct that his management approached the club and asked for the trade. The reason they were in that space however was caddy was put forward by the cats, and during that process he considered his options

The big issue was game time in the guts. He was already behind danger and selwood (obviously), but him being put forward over the other young mids gave him the impression he was falling down the pecking order at geelong. Thus when the lids deal was killed, the concern was what caused him to keep talking with rfc

The club did really well this trade period, the Prestia deal wasn't near as bad as eveyrone thinks.. over? yes, but the way some people are going on about it you would think we just traded pick 6 to Geelong for Motlop.

It is not the end of the world if we don't have pick 6 or a first rounder this year, it is not going to screw us up for the next 10 years, we got 3 young up and coming playrs, not 3 players who will only play 2 years.

also, considering our history and the fact FJ is stil there, would you really trust him with that pick??? The positive is, we don't have to put up with him screwing up first rounders again.

as for Richardson, I honestly think people are a bit harsh on him.

For instance, the comments regarding fans being too impatient for a rebuild was the stupidest thing I have heard. They were tactless, amateurish and unprofessional. However, to me they just reeked of a bloke who was out of his depth and placed in a role he really was never ready/qualified for. He was just being honest and happened to choose the wrong words. I legit think he knew he was in the wrong.

Same with when he told Choco of his sacking while he was in SA.

I can accept him staying, as long as he does have Balme breathing down his neck before he makes any decisions, however it is probably best if he is sacked.

Should he back sacked? yes probably.. Crucified and hated as much as he is? no

Back