Analysis Who should be delisted ,traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

Who should be delisted, traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We could trade MacIntosh and even Graham for some half decent draft pics if we were to go that way. MacIntosh would be worth a decent pic to WC as he would improve their very flakey list. Might not be a great player, but he knows the game.
Would anyone want McIntosh? As for Graham was it more he rejected Port or the other way.

IMG_5301.jpeg

Last edited:
Would anyone want McIntosh? As for Graham was it more he rejected Port or the other way.

View attachment 1769100

Graham toured their facilities & unfortunately for us said he wasn’t interested

Whole thing was weird as *

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Retired: Jack, Cotchin, Castagna, Tarrant, Grimes backflips on contract

Trade: Ralphsmith, Cumberland, Dow, Soldo, Kmac, Graham, Miller

Delist: Bradtke & Biggy likely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Those cuts would put us right back in contention for the big prize at the end of the year, if pick 1 can really be considered a prize

Harsh but fair thread.....Biggy, Colina delist.
Obviously Couch will retire as he's just signed with Channel 7 to be a host on a new footy show.
Jack, who knows but I think he goes.
We need depth so can't really delist everyone.
Trade the others for packets of chips.

I think it'll be a big mistake retiring Cotchin. He's still better than Hopper, Graham & Sonsie, retiring a player that good is nuts. Maybe if Ross moves to the midfield and Banks takes his spot on the wing, thats the only way I'll accept Cotchin retiring this year.
I think we need to move on from both on them.

Jack has been beaten by average defenders this season & Cotchin's body will struggle to hold up for another season.
Both of them will probably be making more money than what they are right now retiring & going into the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could trade MacIntosh and even Graham for some half decent draft pics if we were to go that way. MacIntosh would be worth a decent pic to WC as he would improve their very flakey list. Might not be a great player, but he knows the game.
Gaff on one wing...and Hunt on the other. 28 yo Hunt was a 3rd rounder. Kmac is going to improve their flaky list. What does Kmac bring? Just taking a spot from a kid.

Up there with Pick 5 from the Suns for Dusty.

If I hadn't swapped cow for magic beans with MR I'd be sold.

Gaff on one wing...and Hunt on the other. 28 yo Hunt was a 3rd rounder. Kmac is going to improve their flaky list. What does Kmac bring? Just taking a spot from a kid.

Up there with Pick 5 from the Suns for Dusty.

If I hadn't swapped cow for magic beans with MR I'd be sold.
Kmac is a very good player for us, he's tough , has good endurance and can play tall.

Interested in understanding your view on Ryan. Still believe Ruck is one area we need to work on.
His slow light can hardly mark and gets beaten most of the time in the ruck what more can I give you? Soldo runs rings around him and I'm not saying Soldo is great. The knee injury didn't help him can hardly bend nowadays.

Ryan will be fine after one more preseason and you don't need 3 capable 1st rucks on your list. I rate Ryan highly, he has dropped off lately but has huge potential and showed some great signs. If we traded Soldo we'd need to draft another ruck for sure though. Then we have Miller for one more year if we get desperate too.
You need 3 quality rucks on the list as with us Nank goes missing with injuries and another tackle away from another 4 weeks. Ryan in my opinion seen enough to say won't make it hope I'm wrong. Miller will propably go just not good enough so we don't have anything left if Soldo goes or gets injured again.

He's generally pretty good. He'd definately in out best team imo.
I would like him to play forward as you say can mark has endurance and a good kick for goal? I mean be better than some of the crap played there at the moment. I just can't see him on the wing anymore.

He gets a game until a young player pushes him out I reckon.
Yeah true and as I see it we just don't have anyone but then again haven't tried as Ross looks good now I Guess Pickett could go back as he is all over the place and does not look anywhere the player as he was playing wing. Why not a swap Pickett wing and him forward what we have to lose worked with Townsend!

Back