Analysis Who should be delisted ,traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

Who should be delisted, traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Retire off
Cotchin, Tarrant , Castagna ,Jack and Grimes .
Would love to keep Cotchin for another year, but I’d prefer to keep Dow on instead to see if he’s going to improve .

Delist
Biggy, Colina, Green

Trade
Kmac third rounder
Graham third rounder
Dusty as advertisement package for Suns so a late first rounder
Soldo for third rounder
Ryan for late second rounder and start again with ruck stocks. Try and get something for him whilst he has some value.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

They only recently signed Grimes for another season , won’t be retiring just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He helped us win against Hawthorn. It would be good if we still had Rance and Stack in the backline.
The 2017 flag team was infamously the worst list to win a flag. The problem is we are now 3 seasons since the last flag and heading in the wrong direction. Role players like JG and Kmac and the small fwds are in the 22 they deserve all the credit for a win. Similarly should take the blame for a loss. "Blame for losses" doesn't extend to getting dropped. Kmac can run all day but that's all. I think Pickett is a way better AFL player than kmac.
Mini is selecting kmac what happens if kmac gets injured? Who plays wing? One of Hugo, Broad, Short , Sonsie banks etc etc etc.
And the issue is Andrew Donald mcqualter Mini is taking kmacs known known over other players known unknowns.

Last edited:

The 2017 flag team was infamously the worst list to win a flag. The problem is we are now 3 seasons since the last flag and heading in the wrong direction. Role players like JG and Kmac and the small fwds are in the 22 they deserve all the credit for a win. Similarly should take the blame for a loss. "Blame for losses" doesn't extend to getting dropped. Kmac can run all day but that's all. I think Pickett is a way better AFL player than kmac.
Mini is selecting kmac what happens if kmac gets injured? Who plays wing? One of Hugo, Broad, Short , Sonsie banks etc etc etc.
And the issue is Andrew Donald mcqualter Mini is taking kmacs known known over other players known unknowns.
Peak cotchin reiwoldt Martin rance. Then Edwards prestia houli grimes asburty valstuin. I think it went alright!! Just underrated at that time. Problem is all we're similarly aged and our 2018 to 2022 drafting hasn't brought in much. I think clearout this year, early draft pick next year and then we are ready to go again

It will be dependant on which direction the new coach will take the list. With 4 retirements and a couple of easy delistings to be made, we should with our crap picks take the required 3 draft picks.

Our club don’t have the gonads or want to improve to make the big but right calls on some of our players. If Jack didn’t retire himself they would of kept him on.

Grimes one year deal is a massive mistake.

The way the club has been operating lately, I expect Mini will get the gig and not many creative decisions to be made.

Wilderness.

Retirement:
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Tarrant
Castanga

Delist:
Pickett (I'm aware he's signed to 2024)
Colina
Nyuon

Last chance saloon:
Ralphsmith
Dow (despite a good game yesterday)
M Rioli
Sonsie

In big trouble this time next year:
Grimes (retirement)
Prestia (uncontracted and injury prone)
Mcintosh (don't see a role for him other than backup now that Ross and Banks are our wings going forward)

Trade bait:
Not a lot that is worth anything but I'd trade Soldo and Graham given the logical replacements in the side are Ryan and someone like Clarke.

To get back in the draft have to put some players of value.

Graham
Soldo
Ralphsmith
Vlastuin
Short
Kmac

Delist
Colina
Biggie
Miller is borderline

Back