Analysis Who should be delisted ,traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

Who should be delisted, traded or retired at the end of the year. (2023)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah true and as I see it we just don't have anyone but then again haven't tried as Ross looks good now I Guess Pickett could go back as he is all over the place and does not look anywhere the player as he was playing wing. Why not a swap Pickett wing and him forward what we have to lose worked with Townsend!
I like what McQualter has done putting him forward.
Hopefully Gibcus will be back in the backline next year.

I like what McQualter has done putting him forward.
Humm really has hardly taken a mark kicked 1 goal gets caught out or gives away free kicks. He is lost up there anyway people see the game differently I guess.

Retire off
Cotchin, Tarrant , Castagna ,Jack and Grimes .
Would love to keep Cotchin for another year, but I’d prefer to keep Dow on instead to see if he’s going to improve .

Delist
Biggy, Colina, Green

Trade
Kmac third rounder
Graham third rounder
Dusty as advertisement package for Suns so a late first rounder
Soldo for third rounder
Ryan for late second rounder and start again with ruck stocks. Try and get something for him whilst he has some value.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kmac is a very good player for us, he's tough , has good endurance and can play tall.
110% agreement. Eagles' 1st Rounder or GAGF.

More likely a Markov, Menadue scenario. Picked up in a club's rookie draft. So no nothing or us.

Kmac won't be delisted as others have said we don't have the picks. I've got the vibe even Cotch & Jack R will play on. 1 year reduced contracts frees up cap space for the King TWINS next year.

Last edited:
Retire Cotch Jack Tarrant Costagna
Delist Pickett Colina
Trade Macintosh
Nyoun and Dow we’re never given a fair run and may leave or be cut which sucks a bit

I would move Prestia and Lynch on if we could.

No real reason to keep them now given we are starting again
Trade them back to the Sun's?

Pickett is bloody lazy, undisciplined and slips over constantly lol
Need to move him on
Yes mate, and he has 3 sons and a daughter..
Contracted next year and will play every game until he reaches 100.

Hackintosh is like the Jack Dyer Stand - served his purpose but well past his use by date, now just needlessly taking up valuable space and needs to make way for someone new & improved.:$
Though, I'd put money that the Jack Dyer Stand will be gone before McIntosh.

Last edited:
Retire off
Cotchin, Tarrant , Castagna ,Jack and Grimes .
Would love to keep Cotchin for another year, but I’d prefer to keep Dow on instead to see if he’s going to improve .

Delist
Biggy, Colina, Green

Trade
Kmac third rounder
Graham third rounder
Dusty as advertisement package for Suns so a late first rounder
Soldo for third rounder
Ryan for late second rounder and start again with ruck stocks. Try and get something for him whilst he has some value.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Out of interest why are we delisting green. Give the kid a chance lol

You need 3 quality rucks on the list as with us Nank goes missing with injuries and another tackle away from another 4 weeks. Ryan in my opinion seen enough to say won't make it hope I'm wrong. Miller will propably go just not good enough so we don't have anything left if Soldo goes or gets injured again.
No one has 3 quality rucks on their list except probably essendon amd one of them just retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backing in pick 68 to be an upgrade on Dow.:thumbsu:
How is Dow copping the criticism he is. He has gone under 20 disposals twice this year. 90% of his disposals are going and getting his own ball as opposed to running around the outside. He has very good hands, great agility and his disposal has improved every week. I agree he lacks a bit of stamina/gut running, something to work on, and he needs a few kg's to match it with the other inside mids, but that will come with age. Every week Morris lauds him and also says where he needs to improve.

I think he is carrying the burden of being a high draft pic and expectations are high consequently, hardly his fault. He is tracking okay, would liked to have seen what he would do at a higher level before judging, but one game in 18 months where he was played as a flanker is no way to judge. He needed this full season in the VFL to learn to play against hard bodies week in week out. And he has responded pretty well.

How is Dow copping the criticism he is. He has gone under 20 disposals twice this year. 90% of his disposals are going and getting his own ball as opposed to running around the outside. He has very good hands, great agility and his disposal has improved every week. I agree he lacks a bit of stamina/gut running, something to work on, and he needs a few kg's to match it with the other inside mids, but that will come with age. Every week Morris lauds him and also says where he needs to improve.

I think he is carrying the burden of being a high draft pic and expectations are high consequently, hardly his fault. He is tracking okay, would liked to have seen what he would do at a higher level before judging, but one game in 18 months where he was played as a flanker is no way to judge. He needed this full season in the VFL to learn to play against hard bodies week in week out. And he has responded pretty well.
I reckon he’d be our best midfielder if he actually got games. We need his quick thinking in the middle. He’s probably annoyed and might want out. So we’ll have no midfield and no tall forwards soon :p

I reckon he’d be our best midfielder if he actually got games. We need his quick thinking in the middle. He’s probably annoyed and might want out. So we’ll have no midfield and no tall forwards soon :p
I think he might be annoyed if Cotchin goes around next year again, but he won't be on his own there. Hard to judge one way or another if he can play, the GWS recruits put paid to that.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Has been reported that most clubs won't use many picks this year with a bit of a list squeeze across the comp. At this stage, aside from our retirements Biggy is probably the only delisting you could lock in. Dow & Colina also a decent chance, while there have been murmours about Hugo and Soldo requesting trades.

There is no trade pick for TT?
I'd trade him and Hopper for better ball users and keep getting kids up to speed.
We are not making finals any time soon the way we are going.

Back