List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certainly comforted by the scouts reference to our likely raiding of free agents at the end of 2017

Stick to your superstar Scharenberg
Aint life GRAND ;)

333197-luke-ball_zps953675c0.jpg

859186-collingwood-premiership-cup.jpg

I am certainly comforted by the scouts reference to our likely raiding of free agents at the end of 2017
Yep. He didn't sound to concerned.
What was pleasing was his reference to Mayne. He could be our next Picken?
A WTF moment. I wonder if we would allow him to roam free or keep him in the pressure acts only straight jacket.

He needs to be our number 1 target next trade period and absolutely no stone left unturned to get him into B&W!!!!! The club he supported before being drafted.

We would at least offer a Milllion Dollar a Year Contract to have a Chance

Im afraid trade period next year will be similar to this year.. Inability to use a first rounder really limits what you can bring in as we saw this year

Im afraid trade period next year will be similar to this year.. Inability to use a first rounder really limits what you can bring in as we saw this year

We can trade our 1st Rounder next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't we then haveto trade back into the first round? Considering our pick will most likely be very high i doubt we will want to trade it anyway

Don't think so as we have 2 years worth of 1st Rounder Available

After Geelong used its future first for next year in this trade period there are ways around the rules..

Geelong last year used there 2015 on Danger, Future 2016 on Henderson and this year used there future 2017 on Tuohey

Has there been any clarification from the AFL as to why they were allowed to trade it? I'm confused, there was a clear rule, they asked the AFL if they could break it and the AFL said yes? So is the rule still there next year? o_O

Has there been any clarification from the AFL as to why they were allowed to trade it? I'm confused, there was a clear rule, they asked the AFL if they could break it and the AFL said yes? So is the rule still there next year? o_O

I believe the pick they gave to Adelaide for Dangerfield last year counts as a 'used' 1st round pick as Danger arrived in same year as the pick given away.

Therefore, last year's first rounder was a 'used' first round pick as we traded it for Treloar who arrived in same year. This year was obviously unused.

The Dangerfield rule may enable us to do this:

2015 - traded for Treloar (used)
2016 - traded for Treloar (unused)
2017 - traded for T. Lynch (used)
2018 - traded for T. Lynch^ (unused)

The above sees us use two first round picks in 4 years according to the Dangerfield rule.

I'm not 100%, so don't quote me on it, but that's how I've interpreted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the pick they gave to Adelaide for Dangerfield last year counts as a 'used' 1st round pick as Danger arrived in same year as the pick given away.

Therefore, last year's first rounder was a 'used' first round pick as we traded it for Treloar who arrived in same year. This year was obviously unused.

The above sees us use two first round picks in 4 years according to the Dangerfield rule.

Where has the Lynch talk come from?
He gave Jaeger a dressing down in front of the playing group for leaving, would be a bit hypocritical of him to do the same thing 12 months on.
Just sayin

No, you're wrong. A traded pick is a traded pick. It's only classified as used if you actually use it in the draft. Geelong had to get special permission to trade their 2017 first rounder, as it was against the rules that were created last year. As far as I can see they'll have to either trade in a first next year or trade in a 2018 first and use two picks in that draft.

lynch at this stage, l think will not leave gc, but peter wright would be more of a chance to get if there is no improvement in there team

lynch at this stage, l think will not leave gc, but peter wright would be more of a chance to get if there is no improvement in there team
The thing is, Lynch would be ridiculously expansive. He'd cost two firsts minimum. Wright won't come cheap either. His value will depend on his form in 2017.
Another thing is, we have a few QLD'ers on our list. If Smith and Josh Thomas can really break out next year then things will look up for us as far as getting one of Lynch or Wright over the line. If Marsh has a break out year but inevitably seeks a trade he'll have obvious currency too.

No, you're wrong. A traded pick is a traded pick. It's only classified as used if you actually use it in the draft. Geelong had to get special permission to trade their 2017 first rounder, as it was against the rules that were created last year. As far as I can see they'll have to either trade in a first next year or trade in a 2018 first and use two picks in that draft.

I've been told by a bloke in the industry that a 'used' pick does not mean you have to use in the draft, and the AFL cannot force clubs to draft if they want to trade picks in the same year the pick is live - only a restriction on future picks. This was the AFL's definition on the Danger exemption.

Geelong

2014 - Cockatoo
2015 - Traded to Adel for Danger (USED as Danger came back the other way in the trade)
2016 - Traded to Carl in 2015 for Henderson (unused at it was future pick)
2017 - Traded to Carl for Tuohy (unused as its future pick)
2018 - Must use by either trading for player in return in the SAME year, or use in draft to qualify for two uses in four years.

No way would the AFL had granted permission on the basis that Geelong HAD TO trade back in the first round next year. What if no club wanted to trade their first rounder?

I guess they want to avoid the scenario of clubs trading future pick after future pick infinitely i.e us trading 2017 1st rounder this year, 2018 first rounder next year, without using a pick in the same year.

As for the Lynch scenario, I just used him since he was topic of convo. Hope I haven't confused!

The thing is, Lynch would be ridiculously expansive. He'd cost two firsts minimum. Wright won't come cheap either. His value will depend on his form in 2017.
Another thing is, we have a few QLD'ers on our list. If Smith and Josh Thomas can really break out next year then things will look up for us as far as getting one of Lynch or Wright over the line. If Marsh has a break out year but inevitably seeks a trade he'll have obvious currency too.
the problem with the qld part is very few want to go home especially if they are playing good footy and why would they.
marsh, will he play next year with us to have that a break out year? lot of if's there.
lynch next captain of gc and will not leave. wright has shown glimpses of want the future could hold
and if he continues to improve, he will be also a high price as well in getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back