3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

image.jpeg

I had to share this. We just decorated our 3DSs. Bring on the 'how old are you' judgement.

u know what's weird, my New 3DS XL, the Majora's Mask edition from last year is wayyy heavier then my gf's New Animal Crossing 3DS XL. hers is all bright and white and light and mine is all heavy and black and menacing, it feels like a giant contrast when you play both. maybe it's cos of all my downloaded games xD perhaps they got rid of some redundant technology/parts/bits inside

oh yeah and nothing too sexy from last night apart from tempting Zelda amiibo, there's only 4 which is very tempting. found it weird how the big games they announced were all essentially 'just' sidescrollers - i've always felt i'm fine with a couple of sidescrollers per console, nevermind per year. i guess Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker are pretty different experiences just because Mario Maker is such a limitless game, but then on first glance it looks like they're making Pikmin 3DS more of the similar platofrming experience, I definitely didn't think innovation when I saw the footage, but who knows, they could have done some neat stuff with that game on that system.

Last edited:
I haven't yet gotten a Nintendo AU Tweet so maybe there's some sort of Europe time we're waiting for.
Yeah that would make sense, there's definitely not a 'buy' option anywhere I can find. Would be nice if the eShop actually listed the release time rather than simply 8/9...

I've made no progress in the third case of the first game because I'm trying to finish FE Fates. Bah.
I jumped into FE at Awakening and just couldn't get into it...it's a good game, just not my cup of tea really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I'm obviously missing something.

Spirit of Justice out 8/9 - today. Shows up in the New Releases section of the eShop, but I can't for the life of me find how to buy it. :drunk:
So, an update.

They list the Aussie release date as 8/9, but the Australian eShop updates in conjunction with the European one. European store doesn't update until 2pm their time on the day of release. So, in essence, we get it at midnight on 9/9, despite marketing the release date as the day before. Annoying.

So where do 3DS go from here??

Metroid is out and i quite like playing it, it's not a classic metroid game, but quite fun...

What now??

Interesting times.

I'd like to see an NBA game, castlevania, some more square enix designed games..

3DS has new Pokemon games coming along with ports of Super Mario Maker & Yarn Yoshi from Wii U. So there's more life in it than the Wii U.

NX has to be revealed soon if they're launching in early 2017. Then I would expect to see the numbers drift off.

Best/cheapest SD card to grab for the 3DS XL? Have gotten away with a 4GB one so far but Moon will put a stop to that.

Don't cheap out on SD cards. Get a Class 10, and a reputable brand (Sandisk, Kingston, Samsung etc). ShoppingExpress and ShoppingSquare typically have very good prices, and are who I go to for SD cards and other little technology bits and bobs like power banks. You have to be wary of counterfeit cards, which are often slow and highly prone to failure, and these two places are legit whilst still being cheap.

I have a 2DS where I play my Pokemon games (all I play on 3DS these days) and I completely forgot that I bought a US 3DS on launch several years ago.
I ended up installing custom firmware on it a couple nights ago to try and run some downloaded, ummm, 'Linux ISOs'.

Turns out there's an app that lets you download any game off the E-Store, for free. Damn how far has the hacking community gone with this. Nintendo must be really pissed off about it. Now I kinda wish I modded mine earlier to play the leaked ROM of Pokemon Moon hehe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back