AFLW - Carlton v Collingwood Season Opener Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely loving the posts here tonight. Congratulations BF peoples.
This is where the Carlton Football club needs to ask some of these exceptional young women to talk to our senior men's team about opportunity. These ladies have had to fight for theirs and our senior list could learn a lot from the want displayed in tonight's game.

Loved it all.

Wow. What a night. I expected something special tonight but the outcome exceeded my expectations. The game had great atmosphere and the women provided plenty of highlights to ensure continuing interest. I attended the game with my son. My daughter was there as well however by the time she arrived with her friends the ground was packed and she sat in the Legends Stand. One of the Collingwood team played football against my son many years ago and it was great to see her still playing the game. And lastly, Princes Park. To see her in all her glory again was very special.

1486125084950.jpg

It's as though we've been drinking out of punch bowl laced with ecstasy tonight.
So many hugs and insincere kisses.

Awful spectacle if the truth be said, but some great platforms laid by the AFL.
Gil would be gloating but it will take more than one match to keep the momentum going.

Guess there won't be many likes coming my way. Oh well. :)

It's as though we've been drinking out of punch bowl laced with ecstasy tonight.

Awful spectacle if the truth be said
, but some great platforms laid by the AFL.
Gil would be gloating but it will take more than one match to keep the momentum going.

Your truth perhaps, but that's not what I'm reading, hearing or seeing tonight. What an odd thing to say.

Who's being insincere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard physical contested football in close - was a spectacle in my book. ;)

Playing devils advocate to a point and a counter argument but that wasn't a great spectacle by any definition.
That's not what I asked you.

Yes, there were dropped marks, flubbed kicks, and handballs to no one. Sounds like one of our men's games, really. The score wasn't huge BUT the game represented so much more than just a win for the 16 girls out there today. It was a long, long time coming.

Skills will improve now that the women finally have the opportunity to play. That's pretty obvious.

So who's being insincere? Anyone who disagrees with you?

Getting whipped by Carlton just doesn't hurt so much tonight. It was an incredible experience, unlike any football crowd I've ever been a part of. In fact, I was very unlike myself this evening, so gentlemanly, even clapping some Carlton goals like some sort of civilised person.

My civilised behaviour at the football won't last, but the women's comp will. It'll only get better. I certainly hope the the Pies get better real quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back