AFLW - Carlton v Collingwood Season Opener Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's as though we've been drinking out of punch bowl laced with ecstasy tonight.
So many hugs and insincere kisses.

Awful spectacle if the truth be said, but some great platforms laid by the AFL.
Gil would be gloating but it will take more than one match to keep the momentum going.

Guess there won't be many likes coming my way. Oh well. :)

You don't appear to be any judge of sincerity.

Getting whipped by Carlton just doesn't hurt so much tonight. It was an incredible experience, unlike any football crowd I've ever been a part of. In fact, I was very unlike myself this evening, so gentlemanly, even clapping some Carlton goals like some sort of civilised person.

My civilised behaviour at the football won't last, but the women's comp will. It'll only get better. I certainly hope the the Pies get better real quick.
I clapped for that huge clearing kick by one of your mob, and for nearly everything D'arcy did too. Won't clap for yiz ever again.

That's not what I asked you.

Yes, there were dropped marks, flubbed kicks, and handballs to no one. Sounds like one of our men's games, really. The score wasn't huge BUT the game represented so much more than just a win for the 16 girls out there today. It was a long, long time coming.

Skills will improve now that the women finally have the opportunity to play. That's pretty obvious.

So who's being insincere? Anyone who disagrees with you?

That's why it wasn't a great game. How is that me being insincere when you've pointed out the reasons for it not being so?

Of course. Let's just run the party line or else.... :)
Oh yeah, so edgy. Please.

It's too late for me to be bothered going into detail, but claiming insincerity played any part in what you saw means you have tunnel vision and superficial understanding of what just occurred.

No I didn't but how does that make any difference?
Can't you see what came about and why?

What's wrong with me saying it wasn't a great game?
Had have I said that about a mens game, no one would blink. Why not?
46k posts and you need me to tell you how being at a game differs from watching it on tv when assessing its "spectacle" factor?

I clapped for that huge clearing kick by one of your mob, and for nearly everything D'arcy did too. Won't clap for yiz ever again.

Well I clapped for your first four or so goals. Then I stopped for a while, because...you know, it was just becoming a bit repetitive. Only so much clapping a fella can do before he starts to feel like a turncoat.

Go Pies.

It's as though we've been drinking out of punch bowl laced with ecstasy tonight.

Gil would be gloating but it will take more than one match to keep the momentum going.

Guess there won't be many likes coming my way. Oh well.
:)

THIS bit is why I'm getting my back up.
Had you just said something about the skills, I wouldn't have cared. But you've been condescending (what a surprise) and rude to everyone who did actually enjoy the game.

Guess there won't be many likes coming my way. Oh well. :)
I hate to get hung up on one word but I haven't seen an insincere comment tonight, only enthusiasm.

Did you mean insecure? Because you're post makes far more sense if it was. Obviously the posts in question are different.

Oh yeah, so edgy. Please.

It's too late for me to be bothered going into detail, but claiming insincerity played any part in what you saw means you have tunnel vision and superficial understanding of what just occurred.

Read this thread again tomorrow...watch the game again....and tell me what you really think.

Can't see the point of hyping something up, for what it wasn't. It will get better but it just wasn't as great as many have been suggesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read this thread again tomorrow...watch the game again....and tell me what you really think.

Can't see the point of hyping something up, for what it wasn't. It will get better but it just wasn't as great as many have been suggesting.
you keep omitting the IMO bit

Anyway, I feel like you wouldn't have enjoyed the game no matter what happened, HARKER, so I'm just going to move on now.

I thoroughly and sincerely enjoyed watching the girls play and I look forward to more of it :thumbsu:
move on, ffs

I could tell you what I really think right now, but I don't want the week off.

46k posts and you need me to tell you how being at a game differs from watching it on tv when assessing its "spectacle" factor?

I don't need to. MEB has already done that for you.
It was a fumbly mess whether you watched it live, on TV, or from the moon.

Why is this observation causing so much heat? Think about it.

I don't nee to. MEB has already done that for you.

That's not the observation anyone has taken issue with ya clown. FMD. Im out. :rolleyes:

I bawled my eyes out as my team ran out. Never thought I could be prouder of my club.
As a girl who had to stop playing footy at primary school while my brother kept playing this is bittersweet. Other girls will not have to give up something they love because of their gender.
Loved every second of the match, sure it wasn't always pretty but the passion bursting out of every female out there was so great to see.
A full house and families enjoying the match brings a huge grin.
Can't wait to go to the match here. Might have to get up at dawn.
Expecting Davey to be reported :( one negative in a night of positives

Mate,
Love your work normally but if you didn't enjoy tonight you've got issues not related to football .

I don't need to. MEB has already done that for you.

Because you are being at your patronizing best tonight - speaking for others when no-one can recall voting you in as spokesperson of anything - you're not the first person to shoot Bambi - just the sulkiest I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back