List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why the love for Trengrove, isn't he the one who can't kick properly?

I don't see it either. He'd be handy, but he isn't deserving of the attention he's received so far given he is currently on the fringes of Port's best 22 with Ryder back.

I don't see it either. He'd be handy, but he isn't deserving of the attention he's received so far given he is currently on the fringes of Port's best 22 with Ryder back.
With Ryder back he'll probably play predominately CHB. I'm not quite sure he is on the fringes, I admitally don't watch a lot of Port but I would have thought he's one of their better backline players.

Or Pittard - statistically brilliant, but his kicking is poor and won't improve our back line.
I think Pittard was a poor kick early in his career. He was ranked quite high for kicking efficiency last year and had the most meters gained for Port. He wouldn't be the worse inclusion for a running back for us.

You might be thinking of Butcher. He was delisted.
Nah, I know who he is.
I seem to recall seeing Trengrove shank a few kicks.
Given we've been there done that I'd prefer improving our skill set.

With Ryder back he'll probably play predominately CHB. I'm not quite sure he is on the fringes, I admitally don't watch a lot of Port but I would have thought he's one of their better backline players.

He's definitely behind Hombsch and it seems Clurey has been preferred down back so far this pre-season. Up forward Westhoff and Dixon are obviously ahead so he appears the third banana at both ends currently.

I see the attraction given his experience and versatility, but he's not someone I would be keen on to the extent some arebecause he's just a role player.

On what basis? What does Schache offer that would justify a top 6 pick (or more)? How does he compliment Moore?

His only value right now was his draft number and for the position we're in that's the risky play to trade our 6th first round pick since 09 for an unproven outsider...
that was written on a bases of free agents not trading for a player like schache which l do not what the club to do as you know quiet well.
l do not want the club to trade our 1st rounder away at the moment

that was written on a bases of free agents not trading for a player like schache which l do not what the club to do as you know quiet well.
l do not want the club to trade our 1st rounder away at the moment

My error. That was a misquote by me I'll edit it accordingly.

On what basis? What does Schache offer that would justify a top 6 pick (or more)? How does he compliment Moore?

His only value right now was his draft number and for the position we're in that's the risky play to trade our 6th first round pick since 09 for an unproven outsider...
I agree. I think he has the tools to be a decent AFL player, but lacks the tools to be an AFL star. I wouldn't spend a heap on him and think that the Lions overpaid to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see people are looking for us to trade in another 2017 1st round selection.

That could occur but to be honest I think there's every chance we'll look to do the opposite and trade away our 2017 and 18 1st round selection (if required) for a high quality key tall a few years in the system.

While my preference would be to add 2x 1st round draftees to the list with those picks and explore FA options for a shorter term quick fix, I can understand the club taking this course as they wouldn't have to wait for the young KPP's to develop. Would very much depend on the player.

I think the progress of McLarty, Schade and McCarthy in 2017 will play a role in which way the club ultimately goes.

If it were within the rules then perhaps, but we are restricted to using two first round picks in the next two drafts.

Where do we sit with that? We got DeGoey in 2014 which was technically the Bears 1st round pick, does that count? Does Moore as a F/S in the same draft count? We didn't use 1 in either the 2015 or 2016 drafts but if we use 2 in 2017 does that balance the ledger?

Would be a useful short term option. Will be 30 in 2018 so unlikely to offer anything longer term. Sam Reid (assuming he gets through 2017) would be the one to target if you're looking at KPP type FAs as he'll turn 26 this December.

Would be a useful short term option. Will be 30 in 2018 so unlikely to offer anything longer term. Sam Reid (assuming he gets through 2017) would be the one to target if you're looking at KPP type FAs as he'll turn 26 this December.

Trengove was born on 2/11/90 so definitely not 30 next year?

That's what I said originally. If the players are successes and we play finals, he'll look like a genius. If they're failures and we don't make finals, it's someone else's job to clean up. I had no problem with recruiting Wells but sitting here and offering that kind of money to Mayne when looking at the free agents this year kills me inside. This club is crumbling.
What kind of money did we offer Mayne and what free agents have we missed out on this year as a result?

I would have rathered us just keep Brown then go for Trengrove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back