Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

We've still got Easter Sundee & Mundee to come yet....How ever will he cope?

And Christ-mass must be a real conundrum.

We've still got Easter Sundee & Mundee to come yet....How ever will he cope?

And Christ-mass must be a real conundrum.
Much like islam with its apostasy laws,christianity has had to create present giving days or chocolate eating to stay relevant to its congregation.
As for the rest of us,we just laugh at the masses pretending some bloke got killed by his old man for sins he created himself.
Sounds legit
Lol

Much like islam with its apostasy laws,christianity has had to create present giving days or chocolate eating to stay relevant to its congregation.
As for the rest of us,we just laugh at the masses pretending some bloke got killed by his old man for sins he created himself.
Sounds legit
Lol
yep, my 3 young grand children still partake in the easter and christmas traditions although all it is about to them is eating eggs and getting presents and the family portray it as a showing appreciation for your family and friends time.

they have never had religion or non belief rammed down their throats although the 2 eldest went to an anglican private school for 1 year. the eldest (11) has said he thinks it's a silly story and the 9 year old over the school holidays asked me if i believed in god and i told him it was a very complicated answer for me and he could make up his own mind as he gets older, he then proceeded to tell me lots of the stories were silly but he believed the noahs ark story, i told him to go and read the story again and to come back when he is ready and tell me what he thinks of the story again. the 6 year old doesn't even bother herself with it at the moment. i have been looking after them on a full time for 9 of the past 10 years and on a part time basis over the past year and religion/god would make up roughly .00001% of our conversation time.

from my life experience and IMO institutionalized religious belief is 100% societal/family/cultural/peer indoctrination.

yep, my 3 young grand children still partake in the easter and christmas traditions although all it is about to them is eating eggs and getting presents and the family portray it as a showing appreciation for your family and friends time.

they have never had religion or non belief rammed down their throats although the 2 eldest went to an anglican private school for 1 year. the eldest (11) has said he thinks it's a silly story and the 9 year old over the school holidays asked me if i believed in god and i told him it was a very complicated answer for me and he could make up his own mind as he gets older, he then proceeded to tell me lots of the stories were silly but he believed the noahs ark story, i told him to go and read the story again and to come back when he is ready and tell me what he thinks of the story again. the 6 year old doesn't even bother herself with it at the moment. i have been looking after them on a full time for 9 of the past 10 years and on a part time basis over the past year and religion/god would make up roughly .00001% of our conversation time.

from my life experience and IMO institutionalized religious belief is 100% societal/family/cultural/peer indoctrination.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." –G.K. Chesterton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." –G.K. Chesterton

IMO BT religion is built on nothing solid so i can't open and then shut my mind on it.

IMO BT religion is built on nothing solid so i can't open and then shut my mind on it.

Religion is built upon man's nature & our need & desire to know the answers to the mysteries of the universe & that our own existence....It is therefore, a quest for meaning....Which is to be found in our relationships with ourselves, with other people & the world around us....So religion offers a right/wrong code of conduct upon which to achieve meaning in our lives prefaced upon our nature.

If you call that nothing....Then so be it.

Religion is built upon man's nature & our need & desire to know the answers to the mysteries of the universe & that our own existence....It is therefore, a quest for meaning....Which is to be found in our relationships with ourselves, with other people & the world around us....So religion offers a right/wrong code of conduct upon which to achieve meaning in our lives prefaced upon our nature.

Lol
The original books are filled with hatred,racism,bigotry,sexism,genocide,homophobia etc. but apart from all that stuff,the cupla pages that say "be nice and stuff" are worth the wait and worth their weight in gold,so probably about 53c give or take a penny or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like the highlighted section of your post P35 and i have that in my life now and require zero religion to experience it and the many other wondrous natural things our world provides.

science can provide answers to the mysteries of the universe and is doing a darn good job of it at the moment.

we provide our own meaning or purpose in life IMO, no grand universal meaning, we are here simply because the natural world has provided the conditions for our existence built on billions of years of trial and error evolution. you were naturally selected P35:).

religion does not offer me any right/wrong or moral code, i get that from my own empathetic nature.

for the lack of a better word i would call a connection with the natural world ie. other living creatures, the environment, fellow human beings and your own emotions and experiences a "spiritual" connection.

i like the highlighted section of your post P35 and i have that in my life now and require zero religion to experience it and the many other wondrous natural things our world provides.

science can provide answers to the mysteries of the universe and is doing a darn good job of it at the moment.

we provide our own meaning or purpose in life IMO, no grand universal meaning, we are here simply because the natural world has provided the conditions for our existence built on billions of years of trial and error evolution. you were naturally selected P35:).

religion does not offer me any right/wrong or moral code, i get that from my own empathetic nature.

for the lack of a better word i would call a connection with the natural world ie. other living creatures, the environment, fellow human beings and your own emotions and experiences a "spiritual" connection.

The only problem with that is that people are flawed and broken and will always eventually let you down.

Your god boy is a construct of many different earlier incarnations from that general region.
Deal with it!

You still can never back up one of your absolutist claims. You're nothing more than a parrot. A parody.

You still can never back up one of your absolutist claims. You're nothing more than a parrot. A parody.
Many examples have been given by myself and others.
Are unicorns and dragons real or are they myths?
If you can use logic and reason that they are myths,I will use your reasoning and logic to counter that jesus is a myth.
Parrot and parody away my fine feathered friend!
How good was the Murphy goal:thumbsu::) the stuff of legend;)

Really .???
You post saying that many historians believe Jesus was non existent ... link a post to a self published e book by a author who thinks that Jesus didn't exist at all etc

And then post again arguing that Jesus did it exist but hang on ...but all his miracles attributed to him may have been written up by his followers.
Wow stop the press.

You need to tell Chelsea that sorry mate it looks like the Boy King did exist and not keep leading him on.

Call Roylian and ask him what he reckons of the ebook Nailed.?

Mate ..every Muslin Jewish Atheist Buddist etc Historian is going to argue the Miracles attributed to Jesus being made up and his story embellished. We get that .Everybody on Earth gets that.

Do you understand that your 2 posts are saying two completely things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Roylion what are your thoughts on the christ character?

Roy lion your thoughts on Jesus not being a historical character ?

Crickey you change your tune quick . Aren't you now into the symbolism of the Bible etc. when did that epiphany hit.

Really .???
You post saying that many historians believe Jesus was non existent ... link a post to a self published e book by a author who thinks that Jesus didn't exist at all etc

And then post again arguing that Jesus did it exist but hang on ...but all his miracles attributed to him may have been written up by his followers.
Wow stop the press.

You need to tell Chelsea that sorry mate it looks like the Boy King did exist and not keep leading him on.

Mate ..every Muslin Jewish Atheist Buddist etc Historian is going to argue the Miracles attributed to Jesus being made up and his story embellished. We get that .Everybody on Earth gets that.

Warning do not engage TP when he's gets all muddled. Walk away now. I mean it just walk away. Just leave it . Don't engage. I repeat do not engage.

Really .???

Wow stop the press.

How hard is it to understand what i post? i gave a link of historians who believe that Jesus did not exist at all.

I said MANY historians agree with him, you said no they dont. For example Bart Ehman, doesnt believe historical jesus existed, at all. Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Where did i say i do not believe Jesus existed? for fwiw i do believe some bloke resembling Jesus existed and myths were formed around him.

Last edited:
The only problem with that is that people are flawed and broken and will always eventually let you down.
evolution is not perfect and has never claimed to be, i agree humans are flawed and some will let you down, just all part of this great thing we call existence.

from my reading/knowledge of the Jesus/god stories he is not so perfect either, aren't we supposed to be made in his image? probably a metaphor wrapped in a riddle cloaked in an enigma and all part of a gigantic series of mythical conundrums though?

it really is so ineffable and only the enlightened ones can put us on the good path:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back