Vic Vic Libs for Godly Good

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see more philosophy taught in schools and that will inevitable touch on religions but I'm fairly sure that's not what they have in mind.

Unit 1 of VCE Philosophy explores the concept of the existence of God.

IMO a subject that more students should be exposed to at school.

It's learning about thinking, I think basic concepts could be introduced towards the end of primary school.
The skill of criticial thinking is something the past few years has shown we lack as a nation

Seems like current Vic Liberal members are leaking this graphic, which makes sense as the current strategy to dominate Liberal parties with Christian members seems to have done wonders in SA and WA.

You've seen a similar thing in WA, where the (probably unintended) consequence has been the ex-CDP theocrat types like Goiran dominating so many of the safe seats and policy development positions that there's;

• Basically no talent coming through at State or Federal ranks not wholly beholden to same religious extremist powerbrokers and;
  • Instead of pulling together a policy platform that resonates with middle Australia, they seem to be pitching for the 30 or so thousand people tuning into Sky After Dark.

often talked about but it doesnt make it any less infuriating to see things like this in print

[edit] kroger has a lot to answer for (not that labor is without its fault here - but this latest threat is all on kroger) ..... [edit 2] within victoria that is - altho his influence does reach into the federal sphere so who knows what damage hes wrought outside this state

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love the Godly Good to follow there beliefs straight to their God.
Do not pass Go. Do not even worry about running for election. Just off to your saviour quick as you can.

Off you go like good little Christian campaigners.
Into his arms.

I would love the Godly Good to follow there beliefs straight to their God.
Do not pass Go. Do not even worry about running for election. Just off to your saviour quick as you can.

Off you go like good little Christian campaigners.
Into his arms.
Problem is they want to take us all with them. campaigners are actually barracking for the rapture

You've seen a similar thing in WA, where the (probably unintended) consequence has been the ex-CDP theocrat types like Goiran dominating so many of the safe seats and policy development positions that there's;

• Basically no talent coming through at State or Federal ranks not wholly beholden to same religious extremist powerbrokers and;
  • Instead of pulling together a policy platform that resonates with middle Australia, they seem to be pitching for the 30 or so thousand people tuning into Sky After Dark.

I have a theory that this is a deliberate ploy from the conservative Libs.

1. Expel the so called “moderates” from the party. No surprise some conservatives were overjoyed when all the moderates lost at the last election.

2. Enshrine conservative control of the party from the membership to the branches to the candidates to the leadership. No dissenting voices.

3. Quietly move to right wing social policies while trying to trick the electorate that you aren’t that far right.

4. Make your loudest statements just anti left wing, amplified by friendly media (this has been happening for years).

5. Eventually they believe the electorate will “inevitably” turn against the ALP and re-elect the Liberals, who are now a solid religious Conservative party in a non religious nation.

When I was in the Libs 20 years ago, plenty were in it for the troll s**t.

You had some of the wide eyed fundy types who'd gladly cover up rock spiders in their ranks. But plenty just liked the whole 'Im a christian' thing because it felt Fox News-y. The likes of Tim Smith are still in this troll phase so I'd suggest both groups are happy with the merging.

Doesn't change the fact that becoming a party dominated by these types will get laughed out of Victoria.

1. Expel the so called “moderates” from the party. No surprise some conservatives were overjoyed when all the moderates lost at the last election.

2. Enshrine conservative control of the party from the membership to the branches to the candidates to the leadership. No dissenting voices.

3. Quietly move to right wing social policies while trying to trick the electorate that you aren’t that far right.

4. Make your loudest statements just anti left wing, amplified by friendly media (this has been happening for years).

5. Eventually they believe the electorate will “inevitably” turn against the ALP and re-elect the Liberals, who are now a solid religious Conservative party in a non religious nation.
6. Obtain the willing support of the MSM to push the Christian Nationalist right wing agenda

When I was in the Libs 20 years ago, plenty were in it for the troll s**t.

You had some of the wide eyed fundy types who'd gladly cover up rock spiders in their ranks. But plenty just liked the whole 'Im a christian' thing because it felt Fox News-y. The likes of Tim Smith are still in this troll phase so I'd suggest both groups are happy with the merging.

Doesn't change the fact that becoming a party dominated by these types will get laughed out of Victoria.
Laughed out of Victoria is true, but you cannot find a radio station in Queensland that is not flogging religious bullshit. Any scan of the radio dial will have you stopping at self help and Jesus will save you shows 24/7.

The problem is that they're losing their voting base and turning off future generations of voters. Only 1 in 5 millenials are considering voting Liberal. Their brand is already trashed and it's not going to be something that can recover easily.

you peeps critiquing the reactionaries for becoming god botherers. you'll be sorry when the 'rapture' arrives. :rolleyes:

you peeps critiquing the reactionaries for becoming god botherers. you'll be sorry when the 'rapture' arrives. :rolleyes:
Well where they are , I do not want to be, so hells fine.

The document is merely a ready reckoner for anyone looking to get ahead in the party. It accurately details the rules and processes of the Victorian division. The only controversial part is the heading, which indicates who it is from and for what purpose.

The Junkee article is from the last election.

The affirmation stuff is the usual anti-LNP stuff from Kos. I am Christian, don't believe the Lord's Prayer should be said before parliamentary sittings (because an MP's duty is to the constituents and not to the Almighty) but if someone says the Lord's Prayer in front of me, I'm going to join in. Of all the stuff that is going on in the name of God, that prayer is the least of anyone's worries.

The rest is probably fair comment. The reactionary religious forces are well-organised. Their opponents are not because they tend to be what has always existed in the Liberal Party - small flexible groupings that coalesce around certain people or certain discrete common beliefs or policy focuses. Common sense, thoughtful moderate centrism doesn't tend to get bums in seats. The interesting thing will be, considering what is clearly a more moderate policy platform than four years ago, what will be the reaction internally to the anticipated result?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back