Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
I heard the football commentators stating the Eagles bad record interstate particularly on the MCG ,the home of football. I did a comparison between our clubs going back to the year 2000. Remembering how bad we were in some of those years registering less than 10 wins on 6 occasions. Well we played 36 games on the MCG winning 15 times and losing 21 for a 41.66% win/loss ratio, I didn't think that was too bad. The eagles on the other hand have played 37 games winning 13 times and losing 24 for a 35.13% win/loss ratio.
That tells us overall we are better then them on the big stage excepting that in that time they did win a flag,just.

They had the good fortune of playing another interstate team in their premiership win, while we played a team who calls the MCG home.

We saw what happened when they had to play that same team.

I heard the football commentators stating the Eagles bad record interstate particularly on the MCG ,the home of football. I did a comparison between our clubs going back to the year 2000. Remembering how bad we were in some of those years registering less than 10 wins on 6 occasions. Well we played 36 games on the MCG winning 15 times and losing 21 for a 41.66% win/loss ratio, I didn't think that was too bad. The eagles on the other hand have played 37 games winning 13 times and losing 24 for a 35.13% win/loss ratio.
That tells us overall we are better then them on the big stage excepting that in that time they did win a flag,just.

You were at Freo's training session this morning?:)

I love a good wankfest but what would our % be if you included the several hidings we got from the Hawks which we played in Launceston over the past few years? Also, did we lose to the Demons in the NT last year? All games we would have played at the G had those hapless clubs not convinced the AFL that selling home games was fair.

Sorry, but thought some perspective was warranted.

I mostly remember sitting at the G, watching us get thrashed in the late 90s/2000s. But I think it was reinforced by the times I was there with work colleagues as opposed to by myself and they always had the gloat factor for the following week - where I never had that.

I think some of our better interstate wins have come from the MCG.

My first ever visit in particular was part of our great 06 run, we came up against Collingwood and thrashed them. Bell got something like 39 disposals and Farmer got 5 goals. Outraged Collingwood supporters all around me. Fantastic times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They all matter. You ain't gunna be there at the end if you can't win games during the season.
How many games do we get?

One or two?

2, we play Richmond there again.
So, two games this year.

Doesn't really have too much of a bearing on our season overall.

Our best wins in the last 3 years or so have been at the MCG. In fact our last 2 wins at the MCG have been us kicking the winning goal in the last 2 mins of the game and both pretty emotional and significant. Mundy's goal from 50 in 2015 against richmond when we were behind that whole game except for the last 30 seconds while eddie mcguire was barricking for richmond the whole game and then McCarthy last week.

Our best wins in the last 3 years or so have been at the MCG. In fact our last 2 wins at the MCG have been us kicking the winning goal in the last 2 mins of the game and both pretty emotional and significant. Mundy's goal from 50 in 2015 against richmond when we were behind that whole game except for the last 30 seconds while eddie mcguire was barricking for richmond the whole game and then McCarthy last week.

dunno, beating the premiers last week was a pretty good one!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back