2nds R2: Werribee Tigers v Footscray Bulldogs Saturday 22 5:00pm @WO

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see some footage of Greene to see what he's really like and whether he does good stuff apart from just kicking goals.
I know he kicked 3 last week but from memory he had only about 6 disposals.
Mind you if he is guaranteed to kick 3 every week I won't mind if he only has 3 disposals.
He kicked 5 last week, and either 5 again this week. As a fwd, you're there to kick goals, not rack up disposals. Very impressed with him. You may even get to see him up close on Friday night.

He kicked 5 last week, and either 5 again this week. As a fwd, you're there to kick goals, not rack up disposals. Very impressed with him. You may even get to see him up close on Friday night.
Naah, he only kicked 3. But he had 8 disposals...5 kicks for 3.1
upload_2017-4-22_22-50-44.png
Still, 8 goals in your first 2 games of VFL isn't bad.

I note that he's a 19yo who turns 20 in December this year, a full year older than Lewis Young who was taken in the same draft. A typical Dalrymple pick - a late maturer who wasn't even on the Pioneers list at the start of 2016. Obviously we knew a bit more about him than had been publicised elsewhere.
And his 15.6 beep is impressive. Best beep of anyone drafted in 2016 I think.

I'd be surprised if they pick him against GWS although it's a Bev sort of thing to do. It's a huge step up from Werribee to the Giants. However if he has another game or two like today's we could be seeing him debut much earlier than anyone expected. We certainly need someone who is efficient inside 50 after what happened at Etihad today.

EDIT - another interesting thing is that the OP says he is 190cm but the WB player page says he's only 187cm. I guess 187cm is the correct height.

Last edited:
Naah, he only kicked 3. But he had 8 disposals...5 kicks for 3.1
View attachment 361072
Still, 8 goals in your first 2 games of VFL isn't bad.

I note that he's a 19yo who turns 20 in December this year, a full year older than Lewis Young who was taken in the same draft. A typical Dalrymple pick - a late maturer who wasn't even on the Pioneers list at the start of 2016. Obviously we knew a bit more about him that had been publicised elsewhere.
And his 15.6 beep is impressive. Best of anyone drafted in 2016 I think.

I'd be surprised if they pick him against GWS although it's a Bev sort of thing to do. It's a huge step up from Werribee to the Giants. However if he has another game or two like today's we could be seeing him debut much earlier than anyone expected. We certainly need someone who is efficient inside 50 after what happened at Etihad today.

EDIT - another interesting thing is that the OP says he is 190cm but the WB player page says he's only 187cm. I guess 187cm is the correct height.
I thought he and Lippy teamed up for 9 last week, 4 to PL and 5 to FG, my bad. Yeah, not sure on stats but his overhead ability it pretty great. Can definitely play 'tall'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

something i have noticed is that our ruckman don't go for the ball in our forward 50, clearly hoping the other team ruckman grabs it and gets tackled for the free kick
smart move

Reading the AFL wrap up of the reserves around the country. Said English won the ruck battle. For those there, really? If so, wowee, that'll make me moist. Article said Caleb was good, Bailey Williams better and Fergalicious kicked a bag.

Side note, read the whole article. Said that Liam Jones was a standout in defence against Williamstown. Fascinating. Slightly amusing. Even more amusing is he could have been playing on Ayce Cordy. What a sight that would be.

Reading the AFL wrap up of the reserves around the country. Said English won the ruck battle. For those there, really? If so, wowee, that'll make me moist. Article said Caleb was good, Bailey Williams better and Fergalicious kicked a bag.

Side note, read the whole article. Said that Liam Jones was a standout in defence against Williamstown. Fascinating. Slightly amusing. Even more amusing is he could have been playing on Ayce Cordy. What a sight that would be.
Not really,overall english was beaten but hos reach just gets over poor ruckman
When matched against number 30 and majak was pushed put easily
Some of his around the ground taps were very ******* good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back