Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Negatives -

Whats with the handballing after a mark without even thinking? How many times do we put ourselves under pressure?

Still cant crumb off packs. Always in the wrong position.Nauseating at times

Positives

Sheed was great. Duggan got around it, couple of errors but still think was good. Mutimer too was OK.

McInnes played well too.

But to be honest I am starting to have serious doubts about the gamestyle we are trying to play. We do the hollywood stuff brilliantly. The simple things about footy that need to be done right we are just downright embarrassing at times

Yeah I think they were tired cooked done
It was a get that ******* thing out of my area and not much run after it to me

That's fair, lot of kicking for touch. Still too many fumbles and bad decisions down the stretch to be happy with though.

Would hope the coaching staff isn't happy with keeping up with the Dogs run for most of the game. A side wins the flag because of their run, that level of run should become the benchmark.

That's fair, lot of kicking for touch. Still too many fumbles and bad decisions down the stretch to be happy with though.

Would hope the coaching staff isn't happy with keeping up with the Dogs run for most of the game. A side wins the flag because of their run, that level of run should become the benchmark.

Yeah I edited/ finished my post but basically asking our midfield with numerous players who don't break out of a jog v them is going to cost you in the end.

The Dogs generated their scores from their run from FF tonight. If we applied more pressure at ground level and at the contest in the forward line they would have been smashed tonight. We need Cripps back and Willie to start Rioli'ing it up when fit. Would love to get JJ back to WA.

+

We won, although it wasn't that inspiring.
Frasers game, surprised me didn't think he had that in him.
Sheed very good, keeps improving each week.
Mutimer, another who is getting better little by little.
Yeo and McGovern, just keep saving us time after time.
Mitchell just never panics.

-
Tackling, just does not exist when it gets tough. We have no one with any general mongrel out there, hence why we generally win the free kick count.
Goal kicking, we have been pretty good this year, let's just hope it's a blip on the screen.
Not getting back on the mark quick enough, wether up forward or around the ground, too slow doing it cost us two goals tonight.

Im dispointed in some of you for negging hill. The guy was immense with his pressure tonight - Cleary played a defensive role and was good.

Loved shreds game

Awesome to not be anywhere near our best and still win. Our team defense was great.

Few points:

Lecras - Shithouse second half, that attempted soccer out of the air in a close game with Shuey up the wing? Just because you kicked a soccer goal a few weeks back doesn't mean shit, take the ball or punch it to Shuey. Also the decision to dribble? **** off with that from 50 metres out, the kicks was straight but because you bounced it it wet off the line.
First half was good, lots of massive runs into space and 2 goal assists. Foot skills were huge with the ball in hand Let the team down in the second half massively though and overall a shit game.

Masten / Gaff - Thought the 2 outside runners were huge against the bulldogs. Both ****ed some kicks but Masten in particular seems to be getting his body behind the ball and hitting good handballs. Gaffs running was massive when the bulldogs were hunting and the defenders needed a solid option in space

Hurn - Good game, one bad turnover (50m stab pass) but he was our only reliable kick tonight besides Mitchell. Was used and needed so many times

Kicking skills - Pathetic efforts from all of McGovern, Yeo, Priddis, Gaff, Masten and Wellingham. Some made up for it in other areas.

Stoppage setups - Bulldogs were flicking it out at will to Caleb Daniel and nothing was done about it

Shuey - A non event this game, not sure what happened there but he has had an amazing year and ultimately it didn't cost us the game so I can forgive this one

JJK - Disgraceful kicking. Had the chance to ice the game, not from hard chances or half chances. From kicks directly in front, 4 or 5 in the game that he couldn't kick. That was bad.

Red time coaching - Gave up so many goals, surely something could have been done?

Fmac - Awesome season debut, played with heart and used the ball pretty well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff's running to make space for a release option was incredible.

McIness is our best tap ruckman atm. Should have been tried earlier over Giles/Vardy.

Mitchell is integral to our midfield.

Redden & Sheed were good. Duggan also shows something different with his vision and kicking. These guys lifting is so important to us improving.

Hill was appalling - watching the Dogs dance the ball out of defence time after time was due in part to his 'efforts'.

Dogs throw the ball every 5 'handballs'. Hunter, Libba and McCrae dont know what a handball is.

Well that was a bit of a ****ing butt clencher

Better side for three quarters but those misses by JK meant we didn't close the door in them and they nearly barged their way back in

A win is better than a loss especially against a top 4 aspirant

Yeah I think they were tired cooked done
It was a get that ******* thing out of my area and not much run after it to me

It's also the result of playing such a slow midfield against that kind of run. We kept up with them but it's taxing. It's the way the game is now and we are always going to struggle playing Mitchell, Redden, Priddis, Masten & Gaff

The difference in leg speed when they break open the play v when we do it was stark

Exactly, we are too slow on ball. We all know this and so do the opposition. Need more leg speed but from where. Mitchell and Pridda, as good as they are, if played together, make us too slow. I hope Venerables can come.e in soon - need him, Watson and Rioli in.

Favourite part about Mitchell's game was his positioning for the quick kicks. Got some good spoils in and even some marks on the intercept.

Redden needs to take the full 30 seconds that late in the game, regardless. He doesn't know exactly how long is left, needs to milk that kick for the full 30 and then start a slow run up

+ Masten with his don't argue. Seems to have improved his contested game this year

Chris Masten (11 contested disposals) led the way at the coalface

tumblr_mq3uwg7WbU1qh402go1_250.gif

Is it just me or are they using Shuey differently the last couple of weeks? Seems like he isn't around the ball as much as usual.

Positive
Priddis taking a contested mark in the forward 50

Positives
+ Winning
+ Rush, Rush give me Yeyo. Fourth quarter was huge.
+ Mutimer building very nicely.
+ McInnes in general but especially his marking and clean disposal.
+ Shred shredding it up.
+ Reasonably fair commentary from Lingy and Duck.
+ Sticking it up Brian "troglodyte" Taylor.
+ Never giving up and sticking with them in the contested possession and tackles count.

Negatives
- Kennedys goal kicking ( I never thought i'd have to write that but everyone has a bad game now and then....even JK)
- Some selfish decisions, looking at you Lecca and Mut.
- Could have gathered some good percentage if only we had kicked straight.
- I had to listen to Brian Taylor call a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back