Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know how much Tiger fans were outraged at not getting a free kick in the elimination final for when Ben got tackled, so that big fish getting caught by the Tigers may get away :)

Dusty-_Big_Fish_Caught.gif

Yeah just lowball a player to test his loyalty.

Do you understand contracts? Why give him 1.2m now when his manager has already stated they'll be waiting until seasons end regardless. All it does is inflate his asking price when the season finishes.

We know how much Tiger fans were outraged at not getting a free kick in the elimination final for when Ben got tackled, so that big fish getting caught by the Tigers may get away :)

F***ing LOL!

My bloody alarm goes off in 3 hours and now I'll be laughing instead of sleeping in the dark until it does.

Well played! :D:thumbsu:

Do you understand contracts? Why give him 1.2m now when his manager has already stated they'll be waiting until seasons end regardless. All it does is inflate his asking price when the season finishes.

We went through something like that (albeit lesser numbers) with Greenwood.

Our initial offer was quite low.
We got to an offer he'd have taken but in that time the pies had come in and offered more for longer than we were willing.

Levi no longer plays at North.

Lowball is fine and legitimate negotiation tool, however it has the potential to open the door to offers you simply cannot match.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/med...n/news-story/aaf509f518ea0d328a61b4d22f9b6280

Kangaroos want ‘aggressive’ trading approach

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott has remained coy on the club’s plans for the trade period, refusing to comment on speculation regarding Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Kangaroos will make a bold $1 million per season play for Martin, adding to the audacious nine-year deal they are set to offer GWS youngster Josh Kelly.

And while Scott refused to comment on the links to both players, he did reveal the club will take an “aggressive” approach to its trade strategy come season’s end.

“We’re always looking to improve,” Scott told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“We’ve been very clear on our strategy going forward and we identify a lot of players that may help us and we identify where we want to position ourselves in the draft.

“We’ve made no secret we want to be really aggressive and bold in our approach to our list management.

“I think for any North Melbourne supporter, that’s got to be really pleasing and really encouraging.

“While it’s fantastic to see the young players out there performing at the moment, I think it’s equally exciting as to the position the club is in to acquire some potential talent from other clubs.”

On the links to both Martin and Kelly, Scott was more reserved.

He suggested the reports were pure speculation, saying he will not provide details of what the club is working on behind closed doors.

“It’s a complete hypothetical,” Scott said.

“I understand the speculation and the interest in it, but I think it’s a little unsavoury for us to be talking directly about players who are contracted to other clubs right at the moment.

“We can’t control the speculation in the media, but we respect and understand the interest in it.

“But I’m not going to provide a running commentary on players who are currently contracted to other clubs.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/med...n/news-story/aaf509f518ea0d328a61b4d22f9b6280

Kangaroos want ‘aggressive’ trading approach

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott has remained coy on the club’s plans for the trade period, refusing to comment on speculation regarding Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Kangaroos will make a bold $1 million per season play for Martin, adding to the audacious nine-year deal they are set to offer GWS youngster Josh Kelly.

And while Scott refused to comment on the links to both players, he did reveal the club will take an “aggressive” approach to its trade strategy come season’s end.

“We’re always looking to improve,” Scott told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“We’ve been very clear on our strategy going forward and we identify a lot of players that may help us and we identify where we want to position ourselves in the draft.

“We’ve made no secret we want to be really aggressive and bold in our approach to our list management.

“I think for any North Melbourne supporter, that’s got to be really pleasing and really encouraging.

“While it’s fantastic to see the young players out there performing at the moment, I think it’s equally exciting as to the position the club is in to acquire some potential talent from other clubs.”

On the links to both Martin and Kelly, Scott was more reserved.

He suggested the reports were pure speculation, saying he will not provide details of what the club is working on behind closed doors.

“It’s a complete hypothetical,” Scott said.

“I understand the speculation and the interest in it, but I think it’s a little unsavoury for us to be talking directly about players who are contracted to other clubs right at the moment.

“We can’t control the speculation in the media, but we respect and understand the interest in it.

“But I’m not going to provide a running commentary on players who are currently contracted to other clubs.”
I think Laidley's response to that line of questioning would have been less verbose:

"Yeah, nah."

You sound desperate bud.

Kelly is locked in. Take that to the bank. The reason we waited a bit on the Dusty offer was to see what we had left after Josh agreed.

Why would Dusty wanna stay anyways? To lose finals forever like Richo? Ever for a moment thought that he just wants to leave and the pay rise is just a bonus?
We'll see about that...

Dusty's not going anywhere.

And Kelly....watch this space.

Idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now now just because your club takes a giant annual dump on your collective supporter groups hope is really no need for name calling.

We understand your anger at your clubs ineptitude. Actually no we don't. The vast majority of people on here have never lived through a period where North never won a final for 10 years let alone 16 years.

I actually want Richmond to do well this year. Make a prelim.

Then lose Dusty anyway.

Then get band 1 compensation.

Which is a pick after their pick.

So pick 16.

It would just be so Richmond to do that.

with the vast majority of their supporters looking like Chaplin does here, with no real idea, no real purpose, and no where left to go.

140915_gif_4.gif
"Nooooooo!!! Keep that thing away from meeeeee!!!!"

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Or you gave him an insulting offer and they decided to hold off talks in order to create a bidding war.

Oh deary me.:D

I'm having a good couple of days ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back