Autopsy North lose a heartbreaker to the Saints by 8 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Initially I thought it was JZ

Check it out, the same thing happens with him and the wet fish he is dealing with

Either way, there’s a free there but wat irritates is that it happened several other occasions and wasn’t awarded to either team. Consistently is all we want.
That umpire no 19 destroyed us all day the other one I think he had no 41 was nearly as bad Elani is just not up to it not her fault the afl keep giving her games . There were multiple holding the balls for us dragging the ball in but the saints players had the ball in their hands I’m sure its not htb when you haven’t got it

Because it's not a level playing field in the first place. For every Eleni there's probably 100 young girls who quit umpiring in the junior ranks because they don't want to deal with all the bullshit that comes with being female in sports that have been traditionally male. If fast-tracking her keeps junior girls in the system it's not necessarily a bad thing.

We cop s**t male umpires most weeks and they don't seem to get the same vitriol. If she was the only bad umpire out there then maybe all the carry on would be justifies, but she's not. She's just the easy target.
Umm, Ray, Stevic, Fisher and Nicholls have all copped it just as worse, if not worse than Eleni. Pretty sure Ray is the most hated ump in the league. Stevic was/is called an Hawthorn plant, Fisher a saints plant, Nicholls a bald headed flog (a fan got ejected over it) and Ray a full assortment of insults and threats.

It is great she’s a role model, and she does cop some additional crap because of her gender, but many of the criticisms of her are quite valid. She’s been demoted to the vfl on multiple occasions for good reasons. Not the only one mind you.

For every hundred girls quitting, there’s probably 2-3 hundred blokes quitting because of the high demands we place on all umpires. Umpiring is not popular, doesn’t have high pay, it’s a complicated sport, there’s constant abuse and is a job/hobby that is really low on the crap to pay ratio.

Start paying and training umpires full-time, and develop a wider top-tier pool, and then we wouldn’t have Eleni as the only female field ump.

Umm, Ray, Stevic, Fisher and Nicholls have all copped it just as worse, if not worse than Eleni. Pretty sure Ray is the most hated ump in the league. Stevic was/is called an Hawthorn plant, Fisher a saints plant, Nicholls a bald headed flog (a fan got ejected over it) and Ray a full assortment of insults and threats.

It is great she’s a role model, and she does cop some additional crap because of her gender, but many of the criticisms of her are quite valid. She’s been demoted to the vfl on multiple occasions for good reasons. Not the only one mind you.

For every hundred girls quitting, there’s probably 2-3 hundred blokes quitting because of the high demands we place on all umpires. Umpiring is not popular, doesn’t have high pay, it’s a complicated sport, there’s constant abuse and is a job/hobby that is really low on the crap to pay ratio.

Start paying and training umpires full-time, and develop a wider top-tier pool, and then we wouldn’t have Eleni as the only female field ump.
and stop changing the rules every 5 mins

Shiels injury was pivotal I thought.
Was providing lots of run and was obvious that subbing Jack on made us weaker.

100%

His willingness / ability / fitness to lead at the kicker for a 20m gainer stands out.

Again, I was responding to questions over her OAM, not defending her as an umpire. She's a poor umpire. She also deserves a lot of credit for coming as far as she has in the industry. Both things can be true.

Ray copped it because of his personality and doing so many high profile games and Stevic because he umpired every big game in an era when the Hawks dominated. They're visible. Eleni cops it worse when she pretty much only does lower profile games.

There's not much more that could be said that hasn't been said, but I will say it was a much better performance in regards to applying pressure and it actually looked like for the first time that they started to work as a team when defending. Unfortunately, we still look unfit. I really cant wait for the pre-season to begin, as I believe it will be the young kids that will take the reins this offseason and drive this club forward. We definitely have some talent to work with and adding a few more talented kids through the draft, will only benefit us.

On a really positive note though, I do take some comfort that our performance on the weekend did knock Carlton out of the 8.

Again, I was responding to questions over her OAM, not defending her as an umpire. She's a poor umpire. She also deserves a lot of credit for coming as far as she has in the industry. Both things can be true.

Ray copped it because of his personality and doing so many high profile games and Stevic because he umpired every big game in an era when the Hawks dominated. They're visible. Eleni cops it worse when she pretty much only does lower profile games.
Nicholls is still a bald-headed flog…😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's not a level playing field in the first place. For every Eleni there's probably 100 young girls who quit umpiring in the junior ranks because they don't want to deal with all the bullshit that comes with being female in sports that have been traditionally male. If fast-tracking her keeps junior girls in the system it's not necessarily a bad thing.

We cop s**t male umpires most weeks and they don't seem to get the same vitriol. If she was the only bad umpire out there then maybe all the carry on would be justifies, but she's not. She's just the easy target.
She's not even the worst umpire we get. And by acknowledging that i'm not saying she is good. its just others are worse and don't cop as much heat.

LDU's had a gutful but the loyalty might.... might... win out if he sees an AFL standard preseason, and we get some results next year. I bet he knows that they don't do enough at training and that they don't do enough psychological work
What do you base this on?

I’m not bashing Phillips, but let’s not compare the simplistic numbers of Phillips v Cunnington.

Cunnington’s possessions are impactful, I’m not sure we can say that about Will yet.

I like the kid and think he has tremendous upside, but he needs to eradicate the fumbling from his game. At his height and pace he needs to be super clean to have maximum impact.

All our mids need to get better with their cleanliness around the contest. That split second double grab is enough at this level to prevent a clean clearance.
Phillips is playing his second season. I don't remember Cunners having the impact he had in 2015 as early as 2012.

I love it how Clarkson is back within 300m of the joint, and magically so is Howe.

Imagine Greenwood out there instead today. Fck me, if a bogan on a couch in SA can see it why can’t our multi million dollar team of “experts”?

Idiots, idiots, idiots.

This post has stuck with me.

Clarkson reenters the building, Curtis Taylor and Daniel Howe get their senior badges back.

Signing Big Al was one of my favourtie North moments ever.

Just hope we haven't gone full Dave Warner and picked a bloke for what he was doing 10 years ago..

Just watching first 5 minutes of the game again:
Phillips chip kick turnover out of D50 under no pressure.Repeat entry for Saints
Thomas turnover going inside F50 under little pressure
Mckay hack kick out of D50, Marshall mark. Repeat entry for Saints
Scott left foot shank to Sinclair who marks and goals, we had 2 blokes out.

This is the crap we need to tidy up.

I'm trusting hours of watching a ton of footage with my own eyes (which are backed by the stats: see below) and couldn't give a s**t what AFL fans (most of which don't form their own opinion but parrot idiots they claim to hate like Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson) have to say.

Logan McDonald has been extremely underwhelming and that is an understatement.

I've broken down his stats at AFL level before this season - the trends that I explained in great detail last year have only continued. Here's a summary: Oppo Camp - The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

When you compare him to literally any other highly rated key forward in the AFL at the same age, he is miles behind - it's not even close.

Let me highlight this part which has continued this year (he doesn't take contested marks):
  • He just doesn't take contested marks often at all, he's not dynamic in the air, and he's playing on 2nd and 3rd string defenders most of the time. He's taken 10 contested marks in his first 16 games. For comparison's sake, Harry Mckay had 21 in his first 16 games, Curnow 17 in his first 16 games, Jeremy Cameron 26 in first 16, Naughton 22 in his first 16, Mitch Lewis 28 in his first 16, Tom Lynch 29 in his first 16. Feel free to name any other young star key position forward in the competition and I'm more than happy to pull up their first 16 games and the amount of contested marks they took.
4 goals in round 15 vs. Eagles in a 171 point win

He has kicked 1 or 0 goals in 7/14 games. So he's kicked 24 goals in 14 games (1.7 goal average), 9 of which are against bottom 3 sides in massive wins. Remove those, and he's kicked 15 goals in 12 games (1.25 goal average)

He's also averaging a measly 0.8 contested marks per game. To put this in context, this places him at 123rd in the competition for contested marks per game. He averaged 0.7 contested marks and 0.9 goals in 17 games last year.

So he doesn't kick goals or take contested marks, and when you compare him to literally any current quality key forward at the same age, he's not even close.

There's your messiah.
He's not the messiah.

He's not even a very naughty boy.

Phillips chip kick turnover out of D50 under no pressure.Repeat entry for Saints

Lazy habits and low confidence.

We cop s**t male umpires most weeks and they don't seem to get the same vitriol.
They do from me Doc.

I do not think Eleni is a good umpire but she is not alone, nor is she the worst. She is robotic and reactive. Even yesterday however, some of the howlers were made by one or more of the other three but it is not as easy to individualise them as the camera doesn't always have them in frame and it is less easy to pick their voices.

To sum up... The overall standard of umpiring is below an acceptable standard and by having four below par officials, the errors in decision making is multiplied.

The umpires are not publicly accountable for their performances.

Followed up by Mcdonald taking a a mark in D50 and then missing Archer by 10m with a 30m kick and the ball rolling out of bounds.

36% kicking eff in first 15 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back