Roast I'm sick and tired of losing

Remove this Banner Ad

12 wins in 4 years

We already don’t know how to win, put the foot on the throat and have that killing mentality

We can’t expect players to stay (Cam etc) and the longer it goes the harder the mentality is to eliminate

Even saying this we are on the right track with Clarko, fitness levels etc but I too am sick of it but what do we do?

Just remember everyone, it’s only a game of footy

You mean Brown that played in a premiership after he left us and Maj who wasn’t far off in the same team?

Geez, imagine if Clarko applied the same list management strategy to the Hawks as we did to Marley is that’s the case.
Maj never played to his pre injury level again and between 2015 and 2019 Brown played every game for us and for most of that time averaged 2.75 to 3 goals a game. Since then he hasn't played 20 games once, his average is closer to 10 games a season and the only year he has averaged 2 goals per game is this year, cos he kicked two goals in one game, its much closer 1.5 goals over that period.

I agreed with what Kane Cornes said this morning as well. Absolutely spot on.
We lost on our home deck by 26pts to a team that finished 14th last year and is only one year older than us on average. After being almost 6 goals up. That is unacceptable.

That doesn’t deserve a pat on the back. We need to expect more.

Anyway, it’s just a game. I hope everyone’s getting their value out of the time and money they’re spending.

But he never played a game.

Because he was cooked.

Because he never got his running back after he shattered his pelvis.

Ok, sure, Maj was cooked whatever.

He was one name mentioned.

The point was, we kept the wrong players and delisted the wrong ones in many cases.

Our senior core is arguably the worst in history. This is the issue now.

What a bunch of Doomers.

tfw GIF

Holy s**t, anyone quoting Cornes as a font of wisdom should be perma banned.

We are all tired of losing agreed, but I think the comparison we are looking at might be the Bulldogs. They’re 2013 & 2014 seasons were 7 wins or so. They were extremely young. Built from the midfield out. McCartney allowed the kids responsibility but was a bit of spud communication wise. But they gained momentum as the season progressed after many frustrating losses and fade-outs. We are on a similar trajectory although 7 wins this year might be a stretch, but we can see a game style developing. Talented kids are learning to play the game. And I can see a similar spike coming in year two or three. So I’m not panicking, I’m sick of losing, but there’s some serious faith in where we are headed.

No one enjoying losing in anything you do and as much as we’re all hurting the players would be hurting more.
If you can’t see the leaps we’ve taken over the last few yrs of ziebs n co chipping side to side till they turn it over.
Now we’re seeing great ball movement with dynamic players across all lines - yes we have still holes to fill but Rome wasn’t built in day

We’ll still be blaming Brad Scott in 2029, while playing guys like CCJ and Stephenson, still being shocked that we always lose, but then bringing in even more unwanted deadwood from other clubs.
But it will still be Brad’s fault!
Yes. It still amazes me that Brad Scott get's so much criticism. He probably stayed a year too long, but he wasn't a complete failure. And, the part that I don't get, is that early on he was asked about his tenure at North and said that once the board and he didn't see eye to eye he'd leave. They didn't, and he left. So basically he did what he said he would do.

I think sometimes we forget just how far back we're coming from. Only two years ago, pretty much every one of our games were decided my half time and 10 goal thrashings were the norm. You just don't fix something like that overnight. We have a lot more to be positive about these days in comparison!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agreed with what Kane Cornes said this morning as well. Absolutely spot on.
We lost on our home deck by 26pts to a team that finished 14th last year and is only one year older than us on average. After being almost 6 goals up. That is unacceptable.

That doesn’t deserve a pat on the back. We need to expect more.

Anyway, it’s just a game. I hope everyone’s getting their value out of the time and money they’re spending.
The bit about one year older on average shows a degree of ignorance of how averages work. One year older on average is a significant difference. Two years older on average is immense. Melbourne is less than two years older than us and they are the third oldest list. No list in the entire AFL is more than two and a half years older than us.

Ok, sure, Maj was cooked whatever.

He was one name mentioned.

The point was, we kept the wrong players and delisted the wrong ones in many cases.

Our senior core is arguably the worst in history. This is the issue now.
It's probably fairer to say we never had the right ones in the first place so we didn't delist the wrong ones.

losing sucks and we clearly are very good at it.........

my concern is our high end draft picks not putting up with the loser crap and wanting a change to fix it...

todays generation are not waiting around for rebuilds or what ever way you want to call it....

my kids are honestly up for being swans supporters.....

my concern is our high end draft picks not putting up with the loser crap and wanting a change to fix it...

todays generation are not waiting around for rebuilds or what ever way you want to call it....

And why wouldn’t they?
I switched from Crows to North when I was 10 simply because I didn’t like the coach the Crows got. North were on after school every Friday night. It just happened.

Six years of the filth we’ve served up is a long time for us. It’s over half a lifetime for some of the kids out there. Couldn’t blame them for looking to a team that has a winning culture and possibility of success every year.

I think sometimes we forget just how far back we're coming from. Only two years ago, pretty much every one of our games were decided my half time and 10 goal thrashings were the norm. You just don't fix something like that overnight. We have a lot more to be positive about these days in comparison!

I mean after HT on Saturday it was a 50 point swing in Freo's favour so we were still outplayed by nearly 10 goals in a half of footy yet again.... The only difference being we essentially started with a 3 goal handicap, arguably making the end result even worse.

1711340467087.png

1711340387021.png

What we're starting to show is a pretty irresistible and honestly beautiful game of football is being developed and we're showing when it connects pretty much no team will be able to counteract it. The problem is that beautiful game can only be sustained for a half, at best. The problems are clear. Fitness levels, strength and conditioning in not there with such a young and inexperienced list. Fold into that a desperate need for elite talls and the usual problem of a bottom side being the need to carry players not up to scratch and that includes older bodies we either drafted or recruited elsewhere that are the best available to teams languishing.

As the players we have keep doing what they're doing, learning to believe in their skills and that their dare is starting to come off, we can ease into sustaining the gameplan for three quarters and then that happens we will win way more footy.

I always look at a side like Melbourne in games like Saturday. They went out and bought May and Lever and if we had those two players in our side we would win on the weekend. Of course we don't have them but it's clear the moves we need to be making in the next two off seasons, especially as we stockpile early trade collateral in picks and cap space.

I hope I'm not wrong but it feels like if we keep pushing as we are then we will start to have some momentum building for 2025 in the back end of the season.

I mean after HT on Saturday it was a 50 point swing in Freo's favour so we were still outplayed by nearly 10 goals in a half of footy yet again.... The only difference being we essentially started with a 3 goal handicap, arguably making the end result even worse.

View attachment 1939140

View attachment 1939137

The difference now is that we are competitive for longer periods of games. Aside from the train wreck of a 3rd quarter, we were the better team. But this is symptomatic of a young team, comparatively lacking in a fitness base and experience.

Still, it's a hell of a lot better than 2 years ago where most of the time, we just weren't competitive in games at all. What's even more positive is we can expect that there's still a hell of a lot of improvement to come. We've got kids of such quality that we haven't had for a long time and we're going to keep adding to that.

What we're seeing is a stage of the journey we're on. Over time, the good will start to outweigh the bad and that's when we start climbing.

For me personally, I don't watch games expecting to win yet. If we win, then that's a massive bonus. What i'm looking for when watching our team is improvement and seeing what these young kids have to offer.

I think what irritates me more than anything is when our more experienced players keep dragging us down. But eventually they will be forced out of the team and once they are, that's when we will start going places.

If you want to see wins, go and watch our VFL team more. They will be winning pretty often this year i'd imagine and they are our future!

Can you swap them on the Dark Web for a barbeque or 85cm LED t.v. ?

What we're starting to show is a pretty irresistible and honestly beautiful game of football is being developed and we're showing when it connects pretty much no team will be able to counteract it. The problem is that beautiful game can only be sustained for a half, at best. The problems are clear. Fitness levels, strength and conditioning in not there with such a young and inexperienced list. Fold into that a desperate need for elite talls and the usual problem of a bottom side being the need to carry players not up to scratch and that includes older bodies we either drafted or recruited elsewhere that are the best available to teams languishing.

As the players we have keep doing what they're doing, learning to believe in their skills and that their dare is starting to come off, we can ease into sustaining the gameplan for three quarters and then that happens we will win way more footy.

I always look at a side like Melbourne in games like Saturday. They went out and bought May and Lever and if we had those two players in our side we would win on the weekend. Of course we don't have them but it's clear the moves we need to be making in the next two off seasons, especially as we stockpile early trade collateral in picks and cap space.

I hope I'm not wrong but it feels like if we keep pushing as we are then we will start to have some momentum building for 2025 in the back end of the season.
There's not doubt in my mind that as serviceable as Pink & Nyuon will hopefully be that the club see them as short term solutions. Logue returning from his ACL is one piece of the puzzle and there are a coupe more pieces that will be answered during trade and free agency later this year.

We will compete again and soon enough.

Who else is going to get their head kicked in when we are smashing oppositions again?

It's been far too long since we smashed teams, let alone winning games

Even during the Bard years we rarely flogged the s**t teams. We were happy to just turn up and win 12-13 games

NMFC need the killer instinct back to go with the talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back