Roast I'm sick and tired of losing

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, most people are the same. Take the short term goodies over the long term gain.

Easy done, trade out the young guys for 27 years olds and you'll to the promised land of 6 wins easy. We should probably get Scotts back for that rebuild tho.
They should put you in charge

We’ll still be blaming Brad Scott in 2029, while playing guys like CCJ and Stephenson, still being shocked that we always lose, but then bringing in even more unwanted deadwood from other clubs.
But it will still be Brad’s fault!

We could always go back to recruiting journeymen to get 6 to 8 wins, but that'll be another decade or two of nothing.
That is WAY more painful for me to watch.

Ridiculous response.

I’ve been all for the rebuild, I wanted it to happen sooner if anything.

I’m not expecting much this year. Hoping for 6 wins at most so we see some improvement and get to feel some of it. I feel getting to 6 wins meant yesterday was a must win and we threw it away.

There is a difference between let’s go back to recruiting journeymen and I hope we can finish 15th and see a couple of more wins.

I think everyone is sick of losing but we need to keep going to games unlike some of our fair whether token gesture bottom feeders supporters.
I will keep attending games and will be there next Friday I’m just waiting to see if our supporters turn up as where I sit there was a lot of vacant seats in the section where I was sitting yesterday.
The worse thing that we could be out numbered by Carlton supporters at our own game next week.

Plenty of supporters are sick and tired of losing - that's why we only had 15k of our own supporters there yesterday for our opening home game of the season - a terrible turnout. Alot of North people are clearly over it.

The real issue though is are the players and coaching group sick and tired of losing?

Plenty of supporters are sick and tired of losing - that's why we only had 15k of our own supporters there yesterday for our opening home game of the season - a terrible turnout. Alot of North people are clearly over it.

The real issue though is are the players and coaching group sick and tired of losing?

1:45 on a Saturday with local footy starting practice matches

Yes I am absolutely sick and tired of it.

I did write in the game day thread about focussing on the positives.

On reflection we are literally terrible.
We fold and give up far too easily, age excuses and it must stop.

Enough is enough.

Our age profile is not an excuse but it’s a reality we need to consider.

We have the youngest list with the least experience.

Constructively we can look at the facts and understanding around where we are and where we are heading.

Where we are:

We delisted/ retired 13 players over the offseason - about 30% of the list for the umpteenth year in a row.

We are the youngest and least experienced team coming off 4 years in the bottom 2 - that the fact.

Despite this - we have been given a brutal fixture that include flag favourite coming off a warm up game in Opening round and the other flag favourite coming off a 2 week break while we come off a 6 day break. - that’s another fact.

We have debuted 5 new players into the team who have played 2 games together.

We have a new coaching line up that have coached 2 AFL games as a coaching team.

I think that’s about where our people are at. It’s a tough reality.

Where are heading:
We have recruited well by all accounts, some guns, some depths , filled some gaps.

The list profile while young has a better mix of talls and smalls - a step up on recent times

Our VFL won yesterday and nearly made finals last year. A big step in developing our players - we have failed in recent years.

We seem to have some depth in most areas of the field - another big improvement

Our player development finally seems to be on track with guys like X, Powell, Charlie, Bailey Sheez etc showing something with higher ceilings.

We have a game plan - finally we can see what we are trying to achieve.

A win looks and feels tangible - almost every game - haven’t felt that for a long time.

Off field we are as strong as we have ever been and structurally we are in the right place to support success when it arrives.

We will win one soon and it could be as early as this week on Good Friday!

Heads up people - enjoy the ride, there is a lot to like about it.

I think everyone is sick of losing but we need to keep going to games unlike some of our fair whether token gesture bottom feeders supporters.
I will keep attending games and will be there next Friday I’m just waiting to see if our supporters turn up as where I sit there was a lot of vacant seats in the section where I was sitting yesterday.
The worse thing that we could be out numbered by Carlton supporters at our own game next week.
Why do you post this here? We are all nuffys that would go when we can.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our age profile is not an excuse but it’s a reality we need to consider.

We have the youngest list with the least experience.

Constructively we can look at the facts and understanding around where we are and where we are heading.

Where we are:

We delisted/ retired 13 players over the offseason - about 30% of the list for the umpteenth year in a row.

We are the youngest and least experienced team coming off 4 years in the bottom 2 - that the fact.

Despite this - we have been given a brutal fixture that include flag favourite coming off a warm up game in Opening round and the other flag favourite coming off a 2 week break while we come off a 6 day break. - that’s another fact.

We have debuted 5 new players into the team who have played 2 games together.

We have a new coaching line up that have coached 2 AFL games as a coaching team.

I think that’s about where our people are at. It’s a tough reality.

Where are heading:
We have recruited well by all accounts, some guns, some depths , filled some gaps.

The list profile while young has a better mix of talls and smalls - a step up on recent times

Our VFL won yesterday and nearly made finals last year. A big step in developing our players - we have failed in recent years.

We seem to have some depth in most areas of the field - another big improvement

Our player development finally seems to be on track with guys like X, Powell, Charlie, Bailey Sheez etc showing something with higher ceilings.

We have a game plan - finally we can see what we are trying to achieve.

A win looks and feels tangible - almost every game - haven’t felt that for a long time.

Off field we are as strong as we have ever been and structurally we are in the right place to support success when it arrives.

We will win one soon and it could be as early as this week on Good Friday!

Heads up people - enjoy the ride, there is a lot to like about it.

Love the positives. And yes, there’s no reason why, if they can sustain the effort for four quarters, we can’t beat Carlton this week. Geelong will be the toughest game in the next 3 weeks. We also have to think that Brisbane on exposed form is also gettable in Gather Round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous response.

I’ve been all for the rebuild, I wanted it to happen sooner if anything.

I’m not expecting much this year. Hoping for 6 wins at most so we see some improvement and get to feel some of it. I feel getting to 6 wins meant yesterday was a must win and we threw it away.

There is a difference between let’s go back to recruiting journeymen and I hope we can finish 15th and see a couple of more wins.
Ive been calling for deeper rebuilds for 20 years. To be clear, im not against getting as many wins as can but the fact is we're the youngest list going around so games like yesterday come with the territory.
In fact, its games like yesterday that finally show we're on the right track. Being able to dominate an opposition for an extended period but unable to maintain it. That is typical of a young team on the way up.

Do you have any inside information that the players and coaches are okay with losing?

We will beat them Eagle, Hawfs , * and GC if they're not going well cause they'll sook.

Then we'll snag a suprise win at some point.

I see Magoo had one kick and 2 marks today. how'd Duursma go.

#winning as we darn say

I don't want to bag a club champion but Todd came back down to earth yesterday after a very good first game for * and it was largely because they brought in Draper to share the ruck duties. I guess Brad Scott isn't aware that Todd has never really played well when he has to spend half the game wandering around the forward line waiting to be tagged in to the ruck.

Been following NMFC since 1978. The last 4 years has been the worst period as a NM fan I can recall. Going to games expecting 40+ point losses is wearing very very thin.
And seriously, anyone who thinks we won’t finish bottom 2-3 this year is kidding themselves.

If you’ve expected 40 point losses and seen sub 40 point losses with periods of dominance both weeks, wouldn’t you be pleasantly surprised?

Rebuilding is the issue.

It’s just created a totally non accountable, losing culture.

Look at Geelong. You can bring in young talent without winning 4 out of the last 44 games.

We got rid of the wrong players too.

We moved on Wood, Williams , Durdin, Brown, Maj and kept Kane Turner, Josh Walker and gave Luke McDonald 5 years.

Rebuilding is the issue.

It’s just created a totally non accountable, losing culture.

Look at Geelong. You can bring in young talent without winning 4 out of the last 44 games.

We got rid of the wrong players too.

We moved on Wood, Williams , Durdin, Brown, Maj and kept Kane Turner, Josh Walker and gave Luke McDonald 5 years.
Maj and Brown were cooked and the rumours were Williams had a coke habit. He hasn't even VFL level since being delisted.

The last 4-5 years or so have caused me to hate everything footy.
I'll watch 70-80% of North games and attend 7 or 8 games but outside of that where possible I'm not interested in watching any matches, news or shows related to footy.🤮

Anyway, it's in the last line of the song - Just you wait and see. They never did say how long we must wait. Anyway, at least there are colour teles and you don't have to get up to change the channel, or fluff about with the aerial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back