Coach Xavier Clarke - Assistant Coach (Forwards) - Welcome to North

Remove this Banner Ad

X and Clarko are taken as nicknames though.
I hear ya. Get. Rid. Of.

Not sure about this, don't know much about him, but he hasn't been mentioned with other assistant coaches for head coaching gigs.
Also not sure if he's been bundled out with the rest of the "former regime" in Dimma, Mini, etc.

I hear ya. Get. Rid. Of.

Not sure about this, don't know much about him, but he hasn't been mentioned with other assistant coaches for head coaching gigs.
Also not sure if he's been bundled out with the rest of the "former regime" in Dimma, Mini, etc.
Would have thought he would be a great asset in trying to retain TT given his previous club roles. If he didn’t that alone it’s worth the appointment

Clarko's (Inverted) Maxi-me!

Expected name puns aside, welcome XC, hope you can make a big contribution to our great club.

Welcome, brown Carlo Ancelotti 🤨

Interested to see how well Clarko's generally pinpoint approach gels with the philosophies of a graduate of Dimma's School Of Chaos. Could be some compromises to be made on both sides

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, he won a couple of flags in the old NEAFL with the NT Thunder. Then obviously found his way to Richmond and was part of their successful era.

Seeing another former Clarko desiple in Yze getting a senior gig. The move makes sense for Xavier to come over, to further his senior coaching ambitions.
Should be a good move for both parties.

If I remember correctly, he won a couple of flags in the old NEAFL with the NT Thunder. Then obviously found his way to Richmond and was part of their successful era.

Seeing another former Clarko desiple in Yze getting a senior gig. The move makes sense for Xavier to come over, to further his senior coaching ambitions.
Should be a good move for both parties.
I was wearing my NT Thunder cap today - good omen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club did him dirty with the photo they used to announce the hiring. :D
The Rock GIF

As for which players he is keen to work with at Arden Street, the 40-year-old sees a bright future for those of the royal blue and white persuasion.

Jy Simpkin. He’s that mid-age now but I think he’s just scratching the surface in terms of what his leadership looks like as a co-captain of the footy club,” he said of the key player.

“All the young guys (including Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas, Harry Sheezel and George Wardlaw) are really going to take the club to the next stage. They’ve got an exciting few years ahead with new talent coming through.

“That’s what I’m most looking forward to is stepping in with a blank canvas. From all reports they’re all willing to learn and get better.

“It’s a club that is excited for the future.”

Clarke will look after the forwards and oversee team offence in his new role with North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back