Coach Jed Adcock - Assistant Coach (Defence) - welcome to North

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard strange things about Adcock - struggles to build relationships, very stubborn and not the best person getting around either but in Clarko we trust.
Pretty highly rated at the Lions.

With the type of person Fagan is, I wouldn’t imagine he would’ve lasted long there if he wasn’t a personable type. But I could be wrong.
Fagan doesn't need everyone else to be personable because that's his job. He is happy for others to provide the tough love. It's why David Noble worked well with him but not so well when he got his own team.

I don't give two *s if Jed Adcock upsets some apple carts if he helps to shape this group into a premiership contender.

Jed Adcock = The Schlong

Jed Adcock= The Penis Commercial

Ah yes life member, former captain, recognised leader and assistant coach of the football club is a character that doesn't work well with people.

I really hate BS rumours.
This came from someone who had worked with him within the industry. This is the exact thread I’m sure all north followers on big footy would like to read these particular details so just because it’s negative information don’t discredit it due to you not enjoying it. I saw a more positive review of Jed up above are you going to take a swipe at that rumour too? I just share what I hear, I love this club too much to lead on any of its loyal supporters on big footy as I know I would hate the same being done to me.

This came from someone who had worked with him within the industry. This is the exact thread I’m sure all north followers on big footy would like to read these particular details so just because it’s negative information don’t discredit it due to you not enjoying it. I saw a more positive review of Jed up above are you going to take a swipe at that rumour too? I just share what I hear, I love this club too much to lead on any of its loyal supporters on big footy as I know I would hate the same being done to me.
Not taking a shot at you mate but the bloke passing it onto you.

A lot of stuff not true gets spread around about people and if someone is hard to work with within an organisation as successful as Brisbane, they simply don't last long. He's been there for 20 years. 20!

I am not taking a shot at people saying he's great to work with because it supports all the club's statements regarding his achievements.

You may say I'm choosing what to believe here, but this is just connecting the dots.

The two contrasting descriptions of him don't actually differ that much tbh.

Someone that is "decisive, goal driven, and confident" could look a lot like they "struggle to build relationships, very stubborn and not the best person getting around" depending on if you're on their good side and meeting their standards or not.

Another awesome pick up. Have heard he's pretty well respected within the 4 walls at the lions as a coach, not just because of his footy career. Driven, goal oriented and gets the job done.

I stopped at “patterns inside 50”

A win
The kick it quicker bit had me.

Looked like a routine hit a leading forward drill and that sort of energy and aggression to lift a standard in a session that he goes on to say is rolling the legs over and getting touch is great.

Need more of that thanks!

Clarkson is one of the top handful of coaches in the history of the sport, and arguably his greatest asset is his ability to bring in quality assistants.

Adcock, Barlow, and Clarke is the first wave of assistants that Clarkson has brought into our club, and history says that we have a lot to be excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Jed managed the defenders this year for the first time at the Lions and did a fantastic job.

I have a work do with Brissy's psychologist later this month. He normally gives good insight into footy guys he's worked with, particularly when they're no longer where he's at so I'll ask his thoughts on Jed.

Doesn't sound like he's worried about any trifling concerns around doctor patient confidentiality. Gotta respect that.

I have a work do with Brissy's psychologist later this month. He normally gives good insight into footy guys he's worked with, particularly when they're no longer where he's at so I'll ask his thoughts on Jed.
Ok, so Bris very much wanted to keep Jed, were sorry to see him go. North's offer was too much for their already established soft cap - a source of frustration. What was $9M pre-covid is now apparently ~$6.8M and despite record revenue, hasn't been restored. Now tougher to keep off field staff when offers come, as clubs are more reluctant to pay >50% 'tax' into other club coffers. Paraphrasing but AFL attitude to assistant coaches pay pressure is akin to 'get rid of them, go get another - plenty out there happy to coach for less.

Jed's apparently a terrific character, somewhat stern type as suspected but had great relationships across the board. "Great get for North".

As an aside and the above didn't come from him, but we were lucky enough to have a special guest from Brissy, the main man, in Melbourne for a few days.

Basically was a Q&A for a few hrs, gave a terrific insight into how they've transformed themselves in the last 7 years. Very impressive.

Last edited:
Ok, so Bris very much wanted to keep Jed, were sorry to see him go. North's offer was too much for their already established soft cap - a source of frustration. What was $9M pre-covid is now apparently ~$6.8M and despite record revenue, hasn't been restored. Now tougher to keep off field staff when offers come, as clubs are more reluctant to pay >50% 'tax' into other club coffers. Paraphrasing but AFL attitude to assistant coaches pay pressure is akin to 'get rid of them, go get another - plenty out there happy to coach for less.

Jed's apparently a terrific character, somewhat stern type as suspected but had great relationships across the board. "Great get for North".

As an aside and the above didn't come from him, but we were lucky enough to have a special guest from Brissy, the main man, in Melbourne for a few days.

Basically was a Q&A for a few hrs, gave a terrific insight into how they've transformed themselves in the last 7 years. Very impressive.
Who is the main man?

That's another one. Jed proposing Colby might play back during SEN interview.
I had heard the same thing.
Good position for those quick, hi IQ players that need games but arent the size to play anywhere else.
Expect him to be in the rotations with Sheezel and Fisher for most of the year.

That's another one. Jed proposing Colby might play back during SEN interview.
Seems to be the pathway now for top end midfielder draft picks who have a high IQ and a decent tank already.

Spend one or two years as a running/receiving backman and then transition into the midfield as they develop physically. Makes sense.

Daicos, Sheezel, Kerch, etc.. etc..

Jed will look after our defence.

'Following his playing career with the Brisbane and the Western Bulldogs, Adcock spent seven years coaching at the Lions, including six seasons as a forward line coach before spending 2023 as backline coach. Adcock’s role at Arden Street will focus on defence.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back