Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say hi to Jake for me.:thumbsu:

Good bloke, but he wouldn't really have a clue.

No, Its not Jake actually.. Me and Jake played together in a premiership in our junior years and i have known him for years and he certainly is not that close to Dusty to know what his decision will be.

You obviously have it in your head that he is going to cross over to the Roos, If there is any club that he would possibly look at crossing over to.. its St.Kilda as he has some mates there.

Richmond are helping get his father returned, watch and see..

No, Its not Jake actually.. Me and Jake played together in a premiership in our junior years and i have known him for years and he certainly is not that close to Dusty to know what his decision will be.

You obviously have it in your head that he is going to cross over to the Roos, If there is any club that he would possibly look at crossing over to.. its St.Kilda as he has some mates there.

If you took the time to read my position you would see that I think Martin will stay.

However, the infantile logic that is being displayed by many Richmond fans to support his retention, borders on the completely ludicrous.

Your next point below being one of them

Richmond are helping get his father returned, watch and see..

Mate, not only do I understand this stuff, I have directly helped two blokes avoid deportation in the first place. Richmond hold no magical mystical powers with the immigration department, that Shane Martin, or any one of several thousand other entities could resource. This point is a nothing point.

He has not been a member for a number of years and runs a legitimate and successful freight business in Australia.

Him returning to Australia is not something Richmond are going to come out and announce a press conference on to tell the world they have had his deportation overturned.. But they are actively involved in doing whatever they can to look after Dustin's welfare in regards to his family situation.

He will not leave Richmond.

If he does, I'll run naked down punt road until I'm arrested.. I know Dustin from a social circle, not from watching him in the grandstands.
I'll hold you too it . So I'll see you around October then

I have heard that swan has been getting in his ear.... telling him to look at other clubs. From a decent source at hawthorn.

Lmfao, if anything, that second video makes me think he's leaving more than before..

Hang on a second,

Dustin Martin has claimed reports linking him with a move away from Punt Road are "bullshit".

Of course he hasn't signed with anyone else. He's a contracted player. However, this AFL 24/7 "twitter" is just as misleading as caros bullshit.

Reckon he will stay with Richmond the most likely to sign him followed by North, then us then the Saints but every club would be interested in him.
Hardwick stated every club would have to be looking at trying to get him. The statement makes me believe the Tigers are comfortable in where negotiations are at. I think he will stay.

She is very reliable when it comes to Richmond info for obvious reasons.

And you're argument about no one wanting him last time? Why would GWS give him a tour if they didn't want him? So you're wrong about that.

In fact I think North chasing him is a good thing. It means he'll stay at his original club just like every other young star you chase. Call it the "Norf effect"
Could be worse - see the "elimination final effect" that haunts the Tigers. Which is now being over shadowed by the "last minute of the game effect".

Why wouldn't he sign with Richmond now? His value isn't going to get any higher, every club knows how good he is.

I'd be very surprised if the bombers could fit Dusty in their cap with Daniher and Parish OOC this year and the recent re-signings of Heppell/Hurley/Hooker on big money.
Parish won't command big money and the three H's stayed for less than what they were offered. Daniher will be a big contract but again, we won't be paying him what other clubs are offering. Like Hooker and Hurley, he'll choose less money to stick with the club.

Unless he specifically wants to get out of Richmond (eg for a ridiculous offer from a team like North, if they miss out on Kelly, or if someone like Swan convinces him that he'd be a better chance of winning a flag if he goes to another team), I just don't see him leaving.

He supposedly loves it there and it would be disastrous for Richmond if they were to lose him. Would probably set them back a year or more and with Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt getting on in their careers, they need to be making a big play at a flag within the next 2-3 years, not being set back at least 1-2 years by losing Dusty.

If they think they can afford Schache and Dusty then they can obviously afford to keep Dusty as priority no.1 and if it comes down to it and it costs them the chance at a Schache then so be it.

Unless he specifically wants to get out of Richmond (eg for a ridiculous offer from a team like North, if they miss out on Kelly, or if someone like Swan convinces him that he'd be a better chance of winning a flag if he goes to another team), I just don't see him leaving.

He supposedly loves it there and it would be disastrous for Richmond if they were to lose him. Would probably set them back a year or more and with Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt getting on in their careers, they need to be making a big play at a flag within the next 2-3 years, not being set back at least 1-2 years by losing Dusty.

If they think they can afford Schache and Dusty then they can obviously afford to keep Dusty as priority no.1 and if it comes down to it and it costs them the chance at a Schache then so be it.

Absolutely, I think most reasoned supporters would think he's likely to stay.

That being said, if Richmond have a disasterous finish to the season, and worst case scenario, Hardwick gets the flick, would have have much incentive to hang around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sen reporting the Bombers to offer 1.6 mill a year. That would blow everyone out of the water and no way the Tigers will or can match that.
Nobody in their right mind believes we've offered him that.

We're about to see 16 pages worth of explanations backed by speculative list management math detailing exactly how wrong you are.
If $1.6M is what's been offered then I'd happily pack Martins bags for him, nobody should ever knock back an offer like that, and wouldn't begrudge him for taking it and wouldn't hold it against my club for not matching. We'll just offer Daniher $1M and take Merrett for a lazy $600k and problem solved.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

If $1.6M is what's been offered then I'd happily pack Martins bags for him, nobody should ever knock back an offer like that, and wouldn't begrudge him for taking it and wouldn't hold it against my club for not matching. We'll just offer Daniher $1M and take Merrett for a lazy $600k and problem solved.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Parish is OOC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back